High Quality Floormats For Sale Cheap!!

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello. For Christmas this year I asked my wife for a set of floormats for my 1998 RT/10 from the Nor Cal Viper Club. Unfortunately, she ordered the Fangs logo instead of the Sneaky Pete for my Gen2. I e-mailed Maurice and he said that these are custom made and can't be returned. So I am here to sell them to you, my Viper friends, at a discount.

These are the very thick, high quality mats make exclusively by the Northern California VCA. They are a must have for any Viper as these mats don't bunch up the way the OEM mats can and will do. These are two black floormats with the Fangs logo and "Viper writen in Red". These would go well with a number of different colored Gen 3's. I have pictures available but don't know how to put them on here. If you are interested, PM me or e-mail directly ([email protected]) and I will e-mail you the photo. I am asking $100 for the set and $10 shipping. Thanks!

I already put this in the Gen3 forum, but thought I would give it a try here as well for you rich multi-Viper owners! Cheers.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO - Crummy for Maurice not to exchange them, shipping charges to you. I'm sure it will be forever before they receive an order for black/red mats. Give me a break.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a shame Maurice won't take them back. Like he couldn't sell them to someone else. I have both the floor and trunk mats and they are made very well.

OP
OP
G

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree that it is a shame Maurice would not take them back. And guess what else I found out. These mats won't even fit a Gen 3. He made the mats based on the kind of car I have, and because my wife checked the wrong box he threw the Fangs logo on the mats with the script of a Gen 2. How the hell can I sell mats with a Gen 3 logo on it and they only fit Gen 1 and Gen 2?! A bit surprising that Maurice didn't question the odd order...I spoke with him over the phone to no avail. Kinda uncool IMO.

Guess I am stuck with these.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm.I notice that the drivers side mat does not have a cutout for the rear hatch release of a GTS...Another screw up or is a different mat offered? GTS Bruce

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmm.I notice that the drivers side mat does not have a cutout for the rear hatch release of a GTS...Another screw up or is a different mat offered? GTS Bruce
He has a 98' and the rear hatch release didn't come out until the 99' model year.

G

grcforce327

Mats would look much better if the emblem was a red snake head like the logo,eliminating the badge and the white color!!! :headbang:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
He has a 98' and the rear hatch release didn't come out until the 99' model year.

He has an RT/10. NONE OF WHICH need the notch, no hatch release. THE YEAR-MODEL MATTERS !

OP
OP
G

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just wanted to let you know that these mats are now sold to a proud VCA member on the East Coast. He liked to have the Fangs logo on his Gen1.

Thanks so much to Chad for posting those pics for me!

Chad, next time you are in the Bay Area, let me know, I'll buy you dinner.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm officially not buying new ones from Maurice now.

Anyone have a second option for good mats.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, You guys are hard to get along!!! They are Nice floor mats. But if you order the wrong size 1 of a Kind jacket is it OK to return it if it doesn't fit?? Been there Done that!! Many times. Think you Guys are being ******* Maurice and I don't even know who he is!!! Just looks like a great product. Don't think I'd give the Money back either, It wasn't Maurices fault or a bad product. ghayes did it the right way and sold them!! Just IMO :headbang:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1) There are 2 sides to every story. Those Bashing Maurice is about as low as this site has gone, end for such a PETTY (buyer-mistake) in the 1st place. Maurice makes not .10 cents ...NoCal VCA is the 'seller' and makes the profit. Maurice is a volunteer fund raiser. Usually, he'll offer a DISCOUNT off the replacement set if a rare error is made.

2) Greg, you are a past customer, so PartsRack actually would have traded em in, despite the fact that in 3 years only ONE customer has asked for Daffy-Fangs on a Pete car. We carry the same mats, and could garage-sale 'em like you easily did. No biggie. How could Maurice market the 1-off error? Be thankful for a GREAT wife that gives you VIPER TOYS. KEEP HER. Sell off the mats.

3) These are nice mats, and certainly a good value, but 'the best on the market'? Hardly. Best value? Probably. Worst? Mopar, a joke. Trust me: cheap mats can cause accidents.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm officially not buying new ones from Maurice now.
Anyone have a second option for good mats.

Yeah: Your second good option, officially, is to reconsider, and buy Maurice's mats with the logo and color of your choice. Your 3rd option is to buy 'em from PartsRack. Your 4th is to buy Tapestry mats from PartsRack or Snake Oil.

Thanks for considering your options

JonB (former MCVCA Assoc member, 1994)

cycloneGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...NoCal VCA is the 'seller' and makes the profit. Maurice is a volunteer fund raiser.
IMO this makes it worse. I would have hoped that a VCA chapter, funded (at least partially) by our membership fees, would step up and remedy the situation. If they make the profit (and errors aren't common)...seems like that would be customer relations 101. I'm glad it all worked out anyway.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I am being too ******* Maurice. Sorry about that. I do feel though that an order on Gen1/2 mats with a Gen3 logo might have warranted a call from a company specializing in making the mats. Instead they made them as ordered and here is the problem. As the rep for NorCal I thought Maurice could have done more than just say your error on a honest mistake. No mention was made of a discount on another set.

Regardless, I'm ordering my mats from Jon even though he thinks I'm going low for bashing.

Reaction score
The Northern California VCA Mats are custom made to a customer order. I have purchased six sets from Maurice and very satisfied with the product. :2tu:

To make the Buyer's ERROR more palatable Maurice did offer to sell the correct mats at a discount to allow the buyer to sell the mats ordered by mistake at a lower price. As a Northern CA VCA member I would not want this Region to lose money because of the buyers ERROR. :bonker:

How can you guys hammer Maurice for the buyer's error? What ever happened to taking responsibility for your actions? :rolleyes:

Regarding the manufacturer, they have no Idea what a GEN I,II,III. Maurice provides them with the template and logos. Why would the manufacturer or Maurice question your order? They do not know what you have in mind? could be a gift, could be a color combo you just like or color to match your car. No mind readers just custom mats per your order.

Why should the club lose money because you made a mistake? IMO, if that is your attitude take your business some place else! :buttkick:

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
...NoCal VCA is the 'seller' and makes the profit. Maurice is a volunteer fund raiser.
IMO this makes it worse. I would have hoped that a VCA chapter, funded (at least partially) by our membership fees, would step up and remedy the situation. If they make the profit (and errors aren't common)...seems like that would be customer relations 101. I'm glad it all worked out anyway.
As the Treasurer of the NorCal region, I don't want to be writing checks to cover a *buyer's* error. I'm not sure how you all conduct your business, but I doubt you'd be able to buy Vipers if you conduct it the way you propose. Customer relations really isn't an issue here, its not like we make much money from this; certainly not enough to cover such errors. I guess we could raise the prices to cover customer screwups, but I think its better that people just order what they want.

OP
OP
G

ghayes420

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I started this thread and I officially just wanted to say for the record that I have no anomosity against Maurice, nor have I said anything negative about Maurice on any of my above comments. I simply stated that it was "a shame" that I could not return them. I believe it was a few others ideas on here to express their displeasure with the way this transaction occured. My wife made the mistake, and I called Maurice personally to discuss this after some e-mail exchanges. He has greatfully offered to sell me another set at a discount, which I will do here shortly. I learned the hard way, never let the wife by parts for my other girl. :)

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My apologies to Maurice. We weren't originally told he offered a discount on a new set to offset the issue. That would have been good to know and I wouldn't have said anything.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"NOT GUILTY" (Judge Wapner)
"Thanks for Fixing This" (everyone)
"WHAT?...does this mean I lost a sale to 95Viper Craig !?!" (JonB)

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Jon. I like your attitude. You give straight answers to straight questions and don't like to waste time. I'm ordering from you.