Hillsdale Dodge Steals my car!!! I found it on E bay!!!

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would call Viper Headquarters right away and talk to Kim and get to the bottom of this mess. They hopefully can get to the bottom of this. The zone manager will prob. get involved also.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has to be more to this story than what you posted. I bought my '02 FE GTS from them and found it to be a very smooth and pleasant experience at a very good price. Was it clear to them from the beginning that you were going to be leasing this car and that delivery (and therefore sale) would be to a third party leasing company?
Perhaps someone else here can shed some light on how they arranged to lease their SRT through someone other than the selling dealer.
Bob K

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right there is something going on!! VCA has been involved for two weeks trying to work things out with the dealer. Dealer first refused to title car to my lease company. After this was resolved the dealer flat refused to sell me (through lease company) the car. Now I know why! They are brokering the car! The exact thing Dodge didn't want to happen!!!

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had three examples of dealer greed since Vipers became available in '92. The first was a bidding war between three of us for a '93; over the phone no less. I backed out and bought through a broker. The second was for a Prowler another dealer promised me (used my name on a Chrysler questionaire to receive his Prowler and verbally promised it if he indeed got one) only for him to get it and open it up for bid. I told him no thanks. The third was for my GT-2. My local dealer wanted $140,000 for it but when he found out I had a lock on one for $100,000 he dropped his offer to match. Fitzgerald was selling for sticker on the GT-2's. This only to say some dealers have a complete different attitude when it comes to making a quick profit. Some get very greedy. Thankfully all dealers do not operate in this fashion. Based on my experiences I give Paul the benifit of the doubt. Not to mention why go on Ebay to sell the car if not to get the most profit? They must have plenty of regular customers who would purchase the car. Good luck! P.S. Still only 9 factory miles on my SRT-10. Come on spring!!!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have your ducks in a row, file an Ebay complaint stating they are selling your car without your permission...... Better do it soon as the bid says the reserve has been met.... worth a shot... Have you contacted the AG of Michigan?

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fiona and the VCA have been talking to dealer for two weeks and Dodge Sales. I'm going to follow up with her in the morning then have a Michigan attorney get involved.
Any contacts direct at Dodge would be appreciated.
I ordered this car in Feb or 02. Followed it through the system. To have it stolen by the dealer is unconsciable.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should at least work to mess up the auction. Email the other bidders if you can and then just out-bid everyone. Since they committed fraud to get the car to auction, they will not have a case against you.

Had you agreed on a price with the dealer? It should bid higher but the current high bid would be the lowest price I have seen for an 03.

Good luck!

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My price was substantially lower than the bid. Hope they get a lot for the car> It will be great evidence on how much they owe me to purchase another car.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see that the auction says....

"The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale. "

So what happened?

don527

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Hillsdale Dodge Steals my car!!! I found it on E bay!!!

what's the update on this story?
hope you kicked some dealer butt.

OP
OP
P

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Hillsdale Dodge Steals my car!!! I found it on E bay!!!

I've been waiting for a response from the VCA. I still don't have the car and assume it's gone. Hillsdale hastily cancelled the auction. I thought Dodge or the VCA might have applied some pressure, but haven't heard a word.

So they must of sold the car to a bidder before any of the suggestions on the board to screw up the auction happened.

I just got back from a trip. If the car is gone I'll deal with the legal possibilities on Monday. Anyone taking delivery at Hillsdale should arrange a courtesy deliver some where else!!!