Hit 1000 miles tonight!!!

Jerry Horton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After 5 weeks of restraining myself, I finally hit 1000 miles! On a side note, how hard is it to change the front brake pads with th supplied floor jack? I have the pads, but I don't feel like paying the dealer $200 to do it. Thanks in advance.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry,
The fronts are really easy, even with the supplied jack or use a standard floor jack after you drive it up onto a ramp made of 2 stacked 2x12's. The rears are not much harder but you must seat the rear piston by screwing it in. This can be done with needle nose pliers on most years, but the 2001-2002's require a special tool. Check this thread.
Where in Sac are you loacated? I am near Watt and Fair Oaks.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry,
It's a good time to change your oil too!
And then you can DRIVE IT!!
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DON'T YOU LOVE IT. I HIT 1000 MILES ON THE THE FORTH WEEK, JAN
17TH. FINALLY GOT INTO IT A LITTLE BIT LAST FRIDAY NIGHT, WOW,
TALK ABOUT PASSING SOME BLUE HAIRS, PROBABLY SCARED THEM TO DEATH WITH ALL OF THE RACKET THE CORSAS WERE MAKING. IT IS EVEN QUICKER THAN I
HAD ANTICIPATED, IM SURE YOU HAVE TO BE LOVING IT TOO.
WHY THE BRAKE PAD CHANGE ALREADY THOUGH, BRAKE DUST?
TONY

SSpeed Racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry

I have had mine only 3 weeks.(going into the 4th week) and I have almost 3000 miles on mine now!!!! I have changed the pads 3 times(still have the orginal pads), oil 4 times, brake fluid 3 times, changed the power steering fluid 1 time (red Line) and already had my rotors turned!!(Burn't up the pads on to the rotors at Laguna Seca) I think this is only the beginning.

let me add that I have been racing every weekend since I got the car and will be putting it back on the track Wednesday!!! And then again on Saturday and Sunday at my first ViperDays event!!!

I dont plan on it being a garage queen... and plan on driving it ever chance I get!!!

Like everyone else said the fronts pads are a snap but the rears you will need a special tool that you can get from the Parts rack for about 37.00.

Be Safe and have fun!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog