hmm... how to remove amplifier (94 Gen1)?

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,
i'm trying to troubleshoot a radio problem and need to remove the 2 amplifiers in the trunk of my 1994 RT-10. I noticed there's a bracket holding them in, but I couldn't find any screws holding the amplifier to the bracket! I feel like I'm missing something obvious, if anyone can help, that would be great.
thanks in advance... again!!
Paul. :)

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Manual for my 93 states to remove plastic cover. Disconnect cables. Slide amplifier toward the center of the vehicle by depressing the locking tabs on the mounting brackets. Good Luck!

If all else fails - BFH!

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just replaced my head unit because mine kept shutting off for no reason. I bought a new Panasonic head unit and I had to rewire all the speakers direct to the head unit. It wasn't hard, but it took some time. I took the amp out, and free'd up some poundage.

OP
OP
P

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies... I *still* can't slide it out!
I don't see a plastic cover, and I don't know which locking tabs to depress...
If anyone knows specifically how to do it, that would be great!!
thanks again all...
paul.

badrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul my radio troubles was a connector plug at the battery ,one side was the fuel pump other side amps ,battery acid had ate through the amp wire

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is your radio problem excessive noise? because I'm having the same problem with my '94

OP
OP
P

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
snampro: no, my problem is that my door speakers don't work! I'm trying to switch amplifiers to see if it's an amp problem.

badrt10: perhaps the same thing is happening to me! i'm almost ashamed to ask, but how do you access the battery (i've only had my car for 6 months!)

badrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul my radio would lite up but not work ,go buy a battery and replace it thats the first thing i would do, a weak but working battery is nothing but trouble.second buy a repair book ,lots on ebay its saved me many times.When you access the battery there will be a connector and ill bet its needs to be cleaned or replaced.I think the how to illustrated will help

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PaulH....no listed email address....call Joe or John at Barbera Dodge. One should be working today. maybe they could help.

OP
OP
P

PaulH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
badrt10: yeah... i've been looking to buy a repair book on ebay, but i haven't seen any recently for a 94! i'm keeping an eye out, though... i think it'll definitely be useful to have!
I also just took a look at the how-to section... i can't wait to check out the battery compartment as soon as i have time. i hope that's the issue! thanks!

FrankBarba: I just listed my email address; if the battery turns out not to be the issue, i'll definitely give them a call... thanks!