Hmmmmmm

viperbuck93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was at a car show Saturday in Nevada, there were aproximately 100 cars from muscle to new sports. There were probably 25 corvettes, new and old, and about the same with the Mustangs. I was surprised and let down that there was not a single Viper? I know there are Vipers in the area cause I live an hour away and there are three in my community including mine. I know Vipers are more exclusive and more rare, but my question is how do you guys feel about putting your Viper in a car show, is there a comfort level issue with all the Vette's, Mustangs, and others? Do the others in the car show make you feel less welcome because you are a Viper owner, or is it just the rareity of the car. :dunno:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of vipers in town. I daily drive mine...but beside vca meetings I don't see any on the street ever...

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes folks don't show them because it means an all-day commitment....get there early, register, hang around all day until voting is done and cars can exit. I live right by Year One and often go to their monthly shows, but I park the GTS in the spectator lot so I can leave whenever I need to.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was at a car show Saturday in Nevada, there were aproximately 100 cars from muscle to new sports. There were probably 25 corvettes, new and old, and about the same with the Mustangs. I was surprised and let down that there was not a single Viper? I know there are Vipers in the area cause I live an hour away and there are three in my community including mine. I know Vipers are more exclusive and more rare, but my question is how do you guys feel about putting your Viper in a car show, is there a comfort level issue with all the Vette's, Mustangs, and others? Do the others in the car show make you feel less welcome because you are a Viper owner, or is it just the rareity of the car. :dunno:

There is a Viper Car show in UTAH this week....estimated 300 cars! ALL VIPER

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's like showing up at a dog show with a Wolf...

You must be registered for see images

Yes less welcome unless there are some other exotics... Newer Mustangs and Vettes ride into the classic shows on the coat tails of the older Mustangs and Vettes.

The whole car show thing grows old with a Viper pretty quick. Keep your expectations low and they will be met consistently...

OP
OP
V

viperbuck93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of vipers in town. I daily drive mine...but beside vca meetings I don't see any on the street ever...

Exaclty, you don't see them, would that not mean you would be getting a ton of attention? After all isn't that not what car shows are for?
We have a small local car show here where I live (about 30 cars) and I have contimplated entering but did not know how I would be received, I know there are Viper haters, just did not know how the car show people are?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is your Viper in excellent/show condition - or is it "just a Viper"? Car Shows are usually for concours and modified vehicles.

Vipers do show well as compared to stock vettes and mustangs - Vipers are definitely the most popular of the aforementioned cars.
car
I show my Vipers often. First thing I do with a new Viper is get a car show trophy and a feature magazine article for it. Car Show trophy and magazine display indicate top or perfect condition. If you get your Viper stolen or wrecked these items will net you the top value for your car.

Modified and hp adders will give you the best chance at winning a trophy.

Ted

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
doesnt matter if your car is in mint condition or a daily driver with rock damage on the front end like mine.They show very well at all the shows and they turn heads.No matter what show i go to i know that there are always alot of people who will have my car in there camera when they get home.And the comments from the kids are cute/funny.Specialy the little girls.So far in the four years of having the car the two best times where the first yuear when a little girl in pig tails and all pink told her grampy that the vipers was the fastest car in the world and this past summer when an out of town girls soccer team all gathered around the car for many pictures.A smile makes you feel better so try it the show and see what happens.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
doesnt matter if your car is in mint condition or a daily driver with rock damage on the front end like mine.They show very well at all the shows and they turn heads.No matter what show i go to i know that there are always alot of people who will have my car in there camera when they get home.And the comments from the kids are cute/funny.Specialy the little girls.So far in the four years of having the car the two best times where the first yuear when a little girl in pig tails and all pink told her grampy that the vipers was the fastest car in the world and this past summer when an out of town girls soccer team all gathered around the car for many pictures.A smile makes you feel better so try it the show and see what happens.

Shane does a lot of shows in his areas and usually takes a few other Vipers along with him. :headbang:

Ted

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take my Vipers to our local cruises all the time. I too have noticed a lack of Vipers at our local weekly cruise night. In fact, mine is usually the only one. Funny part is...one night there was one Viper...mine....and 6 Ford GTs!

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been to a few car shows with my Viper. I think parking as spectator and having the crowd gravitate to your car off the lot is way more exciting! haha

I don't go often as my car would appear less rare if it was at every show in town.

One thing I hate are brand new stock vehicles at car shows... lame.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yea! I live about 5 miles from Millers track, I plan on taking the kids down to see more Vipers than they may ever see again!! :headbang::headbang:

Come see us in the Pace car pit... We will have some Viper Hot Wheels for the kids.....we have an Orange ACR with lights on top, and NASCAR Pace Car logos. Also have the red NARRA Challenger R/T with full lights and graphics.

OP
OP
V

viperbuck93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Come see us in the Pace car pit... We will have some Viper Hot Wheels for the kids.....we have an Orange ACR with lights on top, and NASCAR Pace Car logos. Also have the red NARRA Challenger R/T with full lights and graphics.

Awsome, we'll do. The kids are (of course) big Viper fans, they would like that. They had their picture taken in Cindy Lux's mopar viper two years ago at the track which was special, I don't think she let anyone else in the car! :2tu:

OP
OP
V

viperbuck93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been to a few car shows with my Viper. I think parking as spectator and having the crowd gravitate to your car off the lot is way more exciting! haha

I don't go often as my car would appear less rare if it was at every show in town.

Agreed, New run of the mill stock cars in a car show ***!

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I do agree with the excitment of the apperence of the viper during the show then befor the show begins.We took three local Vipers to a show about a month ago.Not to enter but to see what was at the show.I believ this was the best entrance we have done in a long time.It was as if there where no other cars in the field.As we drive by all attention is on the three cars.Alot of pictures and on lookers when we park and go walk around the show.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, New run of the mill stock cars in a car show ***!

I went to a benefit show for a local kid with a serious illness a couple of weeks ago. Lots of nice folks there. I parked there with one other Viper and there were a couple of nice looking newer Mustangs there next to us. So one of the guys with a 2007 Blue Mustang has his hood open and it's a 6 cylinder car with nothing but a K&N filter from what I could see. I asked him what else was done to the car and he said really just some detailing. He seemed like a great guy and was just trying to enjoy the car hobby and help out a kid with an illness. I gave him a thumbs up:2tu:

LaViper

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I take my car out every chance I get.Around my area ,"Cruise Nites" are free, just park, enjoy the music & all the other cars there. "car Shows" cost money to enter, & usually awards are given to whatever catagories the organizers want.I enter my car in the annual Corvette "Legends" show & never win anything. But I have fun listening to all the comments from the vet owners & how close they look @ the car.I also try to enter shows that are for a good cause. We have quite a few Vipers around here also but will almost NEVER see two Vipers together. NEVER. I believe some are intiminated by so many Corvettes.My car is Twin Turbo'd, they don't intimidate me. I've been a "Car Guy" all my life & built many, so all cars are Cool to me. :drive:

OP
OP
V

viperbuck93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to a benefit show for a local kid with a serious illness a couple of weeks ago. Lots of nice folks there. I parked there with one other Viper and there were a couple of nice looking newer Mustangs there next to us. So one of the guys with a 2007 Blue Mustang has his hood open and it's a 6 cylinder car with nothing but a K&N filter from what I could see. I asked him what else was done to the car and he said really just some detailing. He seemed like a great guy and was just trying to enjoy the car hobby and help out a kid with an illness. I gave him a thumbs up:2tu:

Agreed great guy for a great cause! :2tu: My point was you see these cars that people have put alot of time and effort into keeping clean, or restoring, then next to them a car that someone just drove off the lot and decided they would put it in a car show just seems strange.:dunno: But on the other hand, maybe to them it is the coolest car there. :)

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at one show where a guy pulled up in one of these...:omg: ...and he did turn some heads...:rolleyes::lmao:

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I show up as dirty as possible to shows.

A ViperACR with brake dust on the wheels at a show > clean & shiny.

Only other car that grabs more attention is a friend's Gallardo.

Nick

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what has been awarded to my 2002 FE this summer so far. :D

and if your wondering...NO..I do not take the tropies to the shows to display.

[/IMG]

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take my car out every chance I get.Around my area ,"Cruise Nites" are free, just park, enjoy the music & all the other cars there. "car Shows" cost money to enter, & usually awards are given to whatever catagories the organizers want.I enter my car in the annual Corvette "Legends" show & never win anything. But I have fun listening to all the comments from the vet owners & how close they look @ the car.I also try to enter shows that are for a good cause. We have quite a few Vipers around here also but will almost NEVER see two Vipers together. NEVER. I believe some are intiminated by so many Corvettes.My car is Twin Turbo'd, they don't intimidate me. I've been a "Car Guy" all my life & built many, so all cars are Cool to me. :drive:

Wishing I could take mine out more often...but today in Phoenix, it is 106 degrees.:hitfan:

I guess that beats a foot of snow.

OP
OP
V

viperbuck93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is what has been awarded to my 2002 FE this summer so far. :D

and if your wondering...NO..I do not take the tropies to the shows to display.

[/IMG]

Gorgous car! Is there anything specific that you would say won so many awards? (Engine, interoir, etc)