Hogan or single plenum intake on Viper

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm building a new Dragrace engine for my SuperStock Viper. I'm curious about if someone have tried one of the Hogan Viper manifolds? Or if someone have custom built a single plenum manifold and dynoed it? My new engine will spinn high, +7500 and I do need some new intake design to get there. If you have Viper experience in this field please fill me in.

OP
OP
J

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The double plenum that Hogan have looks like it should fit under a hood. Or maybe you mean a single plenum intake?

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I just measured you have about the same space compared to stock.

This was taken from the point where the runner meets the head at the highest point and going straight up with the ruler, looking across to the top cover of the Hogan SP manifold. The Hogan was 3 1/2" and a stock Gen 2 was 3 1/2".

The same measurement point on a SRT-10 was 5".

The runners on the Hogan SP are 3 3/4" long. We haven't dynoed with the Hogan yet, but will let you know when we do. :2tu:

It's a well built, indestructable looking, very cool, intake manifold. :cool:

OP
OP
J

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,
If the runners are only 3 3/4 i might need a custom built intake. According to my calculation do I need a 5-6" runner to get good power in the 6-8000 rpm range. Hogan have a good reputation among Dragracers, they know their business.
Would be nice to now how the intake works for you.

From what I just measured you have about the same space compared to stock.

This was taken from the point where the runner meets the head at the highest point and going straight up with the ruler, looking across to the top cover of the Hogan SP manifold. The Hogan was 3 1/2" and a stock Gen 2 was 3 1/2".

The same measurement point on a SRT-10 was 5".

The runners on the Hogan SP are 3 3/4" long. We haven't dynoed with the Hogan yet, but will let you know when we do. :2tu:

It's a well built, indestructable looking, very cool, intake manifold. :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456