Holy cow - a 2-for-1 deal on VCA SRT's! (pics)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy cow - a 2-for-1 deal on VCA SRT\'s! (pics)

WOW!! Little did I know that that when I placed my order for my VCA SRT-10 that I would get a special gift from Dodge! I waited excitedly as the Reliable truck made the final turn towards my house:

You must be registered for see images

Oh boy, check out all of those Vipers on the truck. Six of them! Four yellow VCA SRT's, one red SRT, and a silver/blue GTS. Sweet! And I can see a couple of the yellow ones peeking out already:

Looks even cooler from the inside:

Well, time to unload, so here comes my SRT-10! Wait... nope! That is somebody else's...

Okay, NOW it comes time for my car...

Ah, she's just as beautiful as she was in Dallas. A fine looking pair as a matter of fact:

What? I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that... Seriously? HOLY COW, I GET TO KEEP THEM BOTH! And with some SERIOUS backroom bargaining, these happen to be two pretty historical cars: #001 of 050 and #050 of 050. The first and last, both sitting in my driveway while I fill out the paperwork for Reliable.

They need to go in the garage first, and backwards of course.

Ahhhh, looks good!

Okay, time to tuck them in for the night. Sleep well my pretties!

To be continued...

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Holy cow - a 2-for-1 deal on VCA SRT\'s! (pics)

Am I reading this right? You got 2 Vipers for the price of 1? One for free?

Tell you what.... I'll give you 50 grand more than you paid for the cheaper one.... It would only be right to sell that car to a Steeler's fanatic.

Can't hurt to ask :cool:

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

*bites in keyboard*

PICTURES DO NOT LOAD... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you get rid of 1 car, say a Ferrari/Lambo etc, and get 2 VCA Edition Vipers to replace it??

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris how gah..... better make you sig 2 05's!

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chris,
I'll be over today with cash for the one you don't want.

I'll bet the boys are loving this!!

DN

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tsk tsk, some doubted part of this story! ;) Here are the number plates of these two cars.

Sorry for the name through them, but I am learning quickly that some folks have few morals and want to make a buck anyway that they can. Don't want to see either of these two beauties on eBay from some schmuck that is pretending to own them... :rolleyes:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No way :eek: ... you really got to keep them BOTH :eek: ?!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I frankly don't believe that you got one free, and I figure that you are just having some fun with us. Did you actually buy two of these (his and hers?) or are you holding one for a VCA friend?

One of those yellow beasts is already enough to draw a crowd, but two together would cause traffic accidents with people turning to stare. :2tu:

Thanks for the pics. They are quite a sight! :cool:

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanks for signing for my car Chris I'll be around later tonight to collect it, although I'm struggling to find that yellow brick road on any map

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm eagerly awaiting the story on this ... but congrats!! They're beauts!

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DANG IT CHRIS! Spill the beans already. How did you get those two cool cars?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OKAY, okay. I was counting on a few folks catching the "wink" icon for the post itself. While I wish both were mine, alas, only the 050 belongs to me. The gentleman who owns 001 lives all of two miles away and was out of town when it was delivered. He asked if I could take delivery and keep it for him for a couple days. How could I refuse? :2tu:

Watch for my next post, as I tranformed my VCA SRT and lit up the Kansas Speedway today for a charity fundraiser that our club helped sponsor. Put it this way, my car is now ONE OF ONE! ;)

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Niiiiiice. The 1 of 50 is very cool, however if I had the choice of any number I would take 50 of 50. You have the best one.

mrviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was wondering where #1 of 50 went. My customer was supposed to get the #1 of 50 dash plate car but a couple of weeks before VOI 8 he found out he wasn't getting it. He did however get #0037 which is the first yellow 2005 VCA Editon Viper built. He is an avid collector of Vipers and canceled his trip to VOI8 because of the mixup. The real 1st yellow VCA Edition built is for sale now. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Eric Lee
latham Dodge
208-736-7080

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eric said....
"I was wondering where #1 of 50 went. My customer was supposed to get the #1 of 50 dash plate car but a couple of weeks before VOI 8 he found out he wasn't getting it. He did however get #0037 which is the first yellow 2005 VCA Editon Viper built. He is an avid collector of Vipers and canceled his trip to VOI8 because of the mixup. The real 1st yellow VCA Edition built is for sale now. Let me know if anyone is interested."
Thanks
Eric Lee

And the award for commercial hijacking goes to..............mrviper. :mad:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He did however get #0037 which is the first yellow 2005 VCA Editon Viper built. He is an avid collector of Vipers and canceled his trip to VOI8 because of the mixup. The real 1st yellow VCA Edition built is for sale now.

Um, I was up at the plant when the first two VCA SRT's were going down the line. They received the badge when they went to the shipping room - in order. Thus #037 was the 37th car to be completed and sent to shipping. Note that the VIN's have NOTHING to do with the badging and are not in any order at all. There were already a LOT of "regular" 2005's in the shipping room before the first yellow SRT-10's even started down the line. Call it what you like, but that car was the 37th one to be completed and go to shipping. End of story.

And yeah, thanks for the hijack and goofy sales pitch. :rolleyes:

mrviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Y2K5SRT: I was not at the plant to see the cars come down the line as you were. My customer and I researched the VIN#'s for 2005 model year and we understood that there were "36" regular color SRT/10's built and #037 was the 1st yellow one built. If this is not correct please let me know.

mrviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would like the Viper community to know that I have not highjacked the #037 VCA Viper to resell it by choice. When my client ordered the car it was stated by JR Thompson Co that he was drawn to purchase one of these cars. He was also told at that time that he would receive the #1 of 50 cars built. He was very excited as he is an avid collector. When he was told there was a change and he WOULD NOT receive #1 he declined the car and cancelled his reservation to VOI 8. Dodge, JR Thompson Co and the VCA were aware of this and knew the car was going to be shipped to me. I am just helping him place the car. I am being very upfront about this and don't want anyone thinking we are going about it the wrong way.

Sincerely,

Eric Lee
Latham Dodge

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eric - I believe the comment about "hijacking" was not in reference to the car itself, but rather the content of this thread. My lighthearted post about these two cars suddenly became a sales pitch for Latham Motors. That is what we call a hijack and pretty crappy in the eyes of most. Not to mention the insult of indirectly calling me a liar and saying your customer has the real number one car (he doesn't).

As to your #37 being the first one down the line, I am afraid it isn't so. Again, the cars and VIN's are somewhat random. We saw the very first VCA SRT-10 on the line (rolling chassis) and it was #0049. Also, if there were 36 "regular" Vipers built prior to the first yellow one, the #037 badge wouldn't make any sense at all - the "regular" Vipers don't receive any badges and thus the first COMPLETED yellow Viper would be #001 - not 037. Again, the badges were not assigned by VIN or even necessarily the build order, but were assigned based on when they were completed and sent to the shipping room. Your customer's was the 37th VCA SRT-10 to be completed.

Finally, if your customer really wants to bail out and you are being truthful about "reluctantly" selling it, please contact Fiona at JR Thompson at 800-998-1110. I know they have discussed "passing along" the opportunity to purchase one of these to the 51st (and 52nd, etc.) people that were drawn. I believe that they are working with at least one of the eBay sellers to do just that - transfer the car over to one of these eager buyers without any additional profit going to the original designate (or the selling dealer). That would be the right thing to do.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Y2K said
"Eric - I believe the comment about "hijacking" was not in reference to the car itself, but rather the content of this thread."

I made that comment and that is correct. And if he "declined" the car how can you be "helping" him "place" it? Does Latham own the car on open mso or does your
customer?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Eric,

I was there with Chris at the plant and if I remember correctly, vin number 49 was the first one off the initial part of the assembly line. The reason the vin numbers never really mean a thing, is this is a hand built car, and often one is delayed for a part or two, and another gets finished prior to the one that started in line ahead of it. So first on line, seldom means first finished. This has caused confusion from day one, and therefore it is dangerous for us as Dealers to state with any assurance that we got the first car, second car ,etc. The one thing that all of us can say for certain, is that the plaques on these special cars will be remembered long after everything else is forgotten. With four cars leaving the country, that leaves 46 numbered cars , so all are very valuable. I would say that #37 is worth plenty, and probably the only 2 cars that will be worth a bit more many years down the road are #1 or #50 - but that is just my humble opinion.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

probably the only 2 cars that will be worth a bit more many years down the road are #1 or #50 - but that is just my humble opinion.

I don't know, last I heard the guy with #50 was covering it with some sort of decal and (GASP) driving it! What an idiot... ;)

mrviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey guys! Thanks for the clarification on the Vin#'s. The one we have is Vin#*** and badge #047. I'm with you guys, I think all of the VCA 2005 yellow Vipers will hold their value?

Thanks again

Eric

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey guys! Thanks for the clarification on the Vin#'s. The one we have is Vin#037 and badge #047. I'm with you guys, I think all of the VCA 2005 yellow Vipers will hold their value?

Thanks again

Eric

you give used car salesmen a bad name.