Home-made smooth tubes...?

JeremyBlackwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the home-made smooth tube write-up in the 'Illustrated Upgrades' and noticed that the tubes used there were large diameter coolant hoses purchased at a tractor-trailer supply store, but i don't think we have one in the area. Does anyone know of a tried-and-true smooth tube that is sold at Lowes/HomeDepot/etc that will work? if not i'll just rummage around the store until i find something that works (i enjoy doing that anyway
smile.gif
)
Don't mean to sound lazy, but i'm doing a LOT of stuff to my Viper tomorrow (trans fluid,diff fluid,pcv,filters,exhaust,fuel filter,washing/detailing,coolant burp,etc etc...) and don't really have a lot of time to waste away from the car lol
thanks a million guys!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a 3 foot length or Gates Vulco hose at the local (non-chain type) auto parts house. I think it is also used for fuel filler hose.

OP
OP
J

JeremyBlackwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
found some at NAPA...fits well, but it isn't TOO heavy duty. i will keep looking for something that is more firm (to keep from collapsing) and thick (to keep out heat). thanks guys!

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score
talk to Nancy at woodhouse ,they have a generic brand smoothtube that cost about a third of the price of the name brand .Put a pair on my 99 and never had a problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc