Hood removal

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the easiest way to remove the hood without worrying about messing with the adjustment? Where do I need to mark to ensure the alignment isn't off? I searched, but didn't find any write ups. I'm gonna have to take it off to do my heads and cam upgrade.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Four bolts to remove off the support bars right above the air box. No marking needed, it goes right back to the same location when you rebolt it. You can plainly see where it was anyway with the dirt and debris vs the clean spot when you remove it.

Just make sure you have at least one other person when you remove it.

:usa:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Four bolts to remove off the support bars right above the air box. No marking needed, it goes right back to the same location when you rebolt it. You can plainly see where it was anyway with the dirt and debris vs the clean spot when you remove it.

Just make sure you have at least one other person when you remove it.

:usa:
Agree. As long as you don't move the bottom of the hinges where they conenct to the body, you will not have any alignment issues.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did that last week, just straight up bolting, most easiest way is 3 persons for sure!! We bolted it back on with 2 and it was exciting...but it came back on good. Bolts can't be adjusted, so don't worry!

OP
OP
S

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!!

Chad, I'll call you if we need help!! It probably won't be for a month or so since Greg is still working on my heads and cam!!

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put towels or a blanket on your fascia, taped in place so it doesn't slide off. Just in case one of your helpers yells ooops!!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those will be four nuts, not bolts. No adjustment, one of the best things about a Viper !!
When reinstalling, once the studs are through the holes just by holding the back of the hood up it won't go anywhere......quickly hand tighten the front two nuts and you can let go of the hood.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21