Hood Silencer Pad

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to buy a new OEM hood silencer pad for my '05. Any site sponsors carry them?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to buy a new OEM hood silencer pad for my '05. Any site sponsors carry them?

QUICKSRT10/SRT8 here on the boards tried to get one for his '06 and it took quite a while. P.M. him and he can tell yo all about it. The are hard to come by....

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a different type of hood pad shoot me a PM. I have pics of it in my album. Take a look and if you like it( not the decals) I will tell you where to get one.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Sly, excuse my ignorance, but what does a hood silencer pad do and how good does it do it? Does it not allow you to hear the engine? If so, I want a hood amplifier pad...

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take mine out of my Vipers. I believe I get alot less engine heat inside the cab when I do. I never thought abought it until I bought the 09 ACR and realized it came with no engine pad and I think my 08 didn't either an my paint on the hood never has been effeted by the heat and I am cooler inside the car...:dunno:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take mine out of my Vipers. I believe I get alot less engine heat inside the cab when I do. I never thought abought it until I bought the 09 ACR and realized it came with no engine pad and I think my 08 didn't either an my paint on the hood never has been effeted by the heat and I am cooler inside the car...:dunno:

If your '08 was nOt an ACR then you had a hood pad. The "********" ACR's did not come with hoodpads as a way to save weight.

Guy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put an '08 hood on my '05 and never got around to buying a pad.. no problems ever..

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a different type of hood pad shoot me a PM
Yes, I talked to you about it via PM a few weeks ago. But I have decided I want to go with the OEM design.

Hey Sly, excuse my ignorance, but what does a hood silencer pad do and how good does it do it? Does it not allow you to hear the engine? If so, I want a hood amplifier pad...
I guess that's the "official" term for the hood pad. I know it has ground wires attached to it as well, not sure why.

You might try Viper Parts of America
Thanks Bill, I'll try there right now.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8 here on the boards tried to get one for his '06 and it took quite a while.
Yeah, I've heard their hard to get an undamaged one. That's why I asked here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950