Horsepower Challenge Viper vs. Corvette, Sept. 18, 2010

markus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
had an awesome time meeting all you guys and got a nice sun burn in the process!
great turnout on our part too, from what i counted 19 vipers. thanks for having me!

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me too. What a great turn out. BTW, you do know that we kicked the vettes a$$ in the horsepower challenge right? :)

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was an awesome time, the cars and coffee and the HP challenge. Markus I don't think I met you though I did see your car there. I'll upload photos tomorrow after I recover.

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys had a blast! I'm sorry that I couldn't make it. I had to go into work this morning :crazy2:.

I'd like to see some pics!

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was too lazy to get my camera out for long, but this is what I got.

You must be registered for see images attach

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 week old final Final Edition. Until the next Final Edition.

I liked the race car. It is what Viper should be. Plus I was happy that someone has more swirl in their black paint that I do.

And the (losers) Vettes.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damnit damnit damnit....I'm sooooooo bummed I missed this event. I so wanted to be part of the first Viper victory. Nice job guys!

My car is probably somewhere in New Jersey or New York right now. :(

markus

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was an awesome time, the cars and coffee and the HP challenge. Markus I don't think I met you though I did see your car there. I'll upload photos tomorrow after I recover.

no worries brother, i plan on attending many more events. i'll be down in your neck of the woods tomorrow for the air show in fact.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard/Mike--great job once again. Howard has done a wonderful job with this event and deserves a "W" this year. What a turnout!

It was great of you guys to come from out of town for such a worthy cause. Lots of interstate miles were covered yesterday to make this happen. And, thanks to the Vette guys , who are great to work with --win or lose.

Howard--what were the final numbers and awards?

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys just a heads up for next year that we are gonna need everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, to show up to beat the vettes next year. Reason being, I or "we" (Viper Club) gave the corvette club a parting shot, or gift (depending on how you look at it :D) before leaving. We were standing there as the auction began and Jack (BlackSnake99) leans over to me and says, "we should buy that Teddy Bear in a Tea Cup for the vette guys. What a great idea!!! So I win the girls stuffed animal and then get on the mic, "From behalf of the Viper Club of America we feel bad that the vettes lost the horepower challenge, so we are offering you this stuffed animal as a gesture of good will so you don't leave for home empty handed" to thunderous applause. :D lol. The gentleman that accepted the "gift" said he was gonna give it straight to his club Presiden. Needless to say, I'm sure they're gonna be out for blood next year. :) Nothing like whipping up the competitive spirits between to great car clubs, all to benefit a great cause. :D Let the games begin. :lmao:

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, had it not been for BlackSnake99, and us shamelessly guilting him into coming, (ie. so what you're saying Jack is that you hate sick kids?, or say hi to lucifer in hell...stuff like that :D) we would not have won. It was that close.

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score

We won!!!
:D A big thanks for your participation this year.

This was a real close win. The Corvette Club of Richmond had 24 Corvettes with a total of 9,576 horsepower. We had 19 Vipers with a total of 9,956 horsepower. We won by only 380 horsepower. We won by just a little over one C-5 Corvette. Every Viper was needed for the win. If we had even one less Viper we would not have won this year.

Mike Menke took home "King of the Hill" with his 2006 SRT-10 with 839 HP at the crank. Joe Brenner took first place Viper with his beautiful 2006 SRT-10 in the judged portion of the show. (Joe had to leave early so I've got to get his trophy to him.) Several others won top 25 awards in the 1980 and above category.

We went out to eat at Big Al's after the event and I believe we just about talked Mike into adding a 300 hot of nitro just for a single dyno pull so he will have some even more impressive number next year.

$6,580 was raised for the Children's Miracle Network. This will go a long way to help some of the children at the two children's hospitals in Richmond. The amount we raised was great considering the economy.

Again thanks for supporting this event.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike has won King of the Hill 2 years in a row, it is time for someone to knock him off his throne. A little photo shop and I will be over 2k whp lol.

Tough to decide the best looking Viper, definitely a toss up between Joe's and the final edition that was there. Joe has a massive amount of work done to his but that final edition color is just outstanding.

Here is the link to the photos.

HP Challenge Sep 18 2010 pictures by pollup - Photobucket

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike has won King of the Hill 2 years in a row, it is time for someone to knock him off his throne. A little photo shop and I will be over 2k whp lol.

Tough to decide the best looking Viper, definitely a toss up between Joe's and the final edition that was there. Joe has a massive amount of work done to his but that final edition color is just outstanding.

Here is the link to the photos.

HP Challenge Sep 18 2010 pictures by pollup - Photobucket

Wow, I'm surprised and happy to win. However, I do agree with you about that final edition, that color was just beautiful.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised and happy to win. However, I do agree with you about that final edition, that color was just beautiful.

Congrats on the win. And, thanks, guys for the kind comments. When I ordered it many months ago I almost cancelled the order when I saw pics. Like a lot of Vipers, it tends to look better in person. It seemed to get as much or more attention than the GT.

There were many gorgeous Vipers there of all Gens.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
80mph never felt so slow. Second video still processing.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF1wKQ1BCOk[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW4wMwF8Ptw[/media]

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job Howard on a successful event! I really wish I could have made it and I apologize for having to no-show at the last minute.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just glad we didn't loose by 600 horsepower. I would have felt really bad about being late. So late, I never showed up. At least I made the lunch/dinner afterwards....:D

Also want to thank Mike (Alpine) for letting me keep my car at his house overnight while I we made the trek to see my ill Aunt in VA Beach.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just glad we didn't loose by 600 horsepower. I would have felt really bad about being late. So late, I never showed up. At least I made the lunch/dinner afterwards....:D

Also want to thank Mike (Alpine) for letting me keep my car at his house overnight while I we made the trek to see my ill Aunt in VA Beach.

Ditto. My car is just south of Syracuse,NY right now.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't make it. I would have felt terrible if you guys had lost. My Red Eye flight didn't get in until 11:30am Saturday morning and then i went home and crashed.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't make it. I would have felt terrible if you guys had lost. My Red Eye flight didn't get in until 11:30am Saturday morning and then i went home and crashed.

Next year, schedule a better flight! You would have taken a nice King of the Hill trophy...as you had almost double his power!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62