Horsepower Challenge: Viper vs. Corvette

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Date: September 24, 2005 -- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (rain or shine)
Event: “Christmas in September” - benefit for the Children’s Hospital
Entry fee: a toy for a child or donation made to: Children’s Miracle Network

Who will win? Viper or Corvette?

Come see which of the Viper and Corvette clubs have the most horsepower. The losing club will make a donation to the Children’s Miracle Network. If you have a modified Viper or Corvette bring your dyno slip to get credit for your extra horsepower.

Sponsored by:
The Oldies But Goodies Classic Cruizers, Inc.
http://www.obgcc.com
This event netted almost $10,000 last year for the children.

For more information call: Howard Burnette, (804) 745-3255 or email: [email protected]

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's the big HP guy around here anyway? I seriously doubt my 439 RWHP will win against anything other than stock. But I plan to come out anyway.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To elaborate a bit on the challenge, it will be the total horsepower of all the Vipers at the show vs the total horsepower of all the Corvettes at the show. The thought here is that the Vipers will have more HP per car, but the Vettes will have more cars. Of course, we'll need a good Viper turnout for this show if we're going to stand a chance.

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We’re going to have special parking for the Corvettes and Vipers at the Horsepower Challenge. Please let me know if you are coming so I can plan the parking. You can email me at [email protected]

Ron Hickey ([email protected]) will lead a cruise from the Northern VA area to the Children’s Hospital in Richmond. Please coordinate directly with Ron if you would like to cruise with him.

A trophy will be awarded to the winning club and the losing club will make a $100 donation to the Children’s Miracle Network.

We’re bound to win after all if we get 10 SRT-10’s to the event we will have 5,000 HP. If the Corvette club gets 10 C6’s to the event they will have only 4,000 HP. If we can get a couple of twin turbo Vipers it will not even be close. It looks like a slam dunk for the Vipers. However, we’ll need to all to show up!

See you on Sept. 24th.

Howard Burnette

Mach500

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Howard,

How are things down in Richmond?
I'll definitely try to make it to this event. In all probability, I'll be cruising down with our fearless leader. If for some reason I do not make it down, I'll send $100 to cover our loss (or our win depending on how you look at it).

Soo.

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chassis dynos put more stress on a car than any pass down a track ever will. So, why not just set up a race? I think it'd be more fun to race and have the losing side donate to charity.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there. Going down from Fredericksburg. My measly 439RWHP isn't super impressive but every bit counts. Anyone coming from my area is welcome to join in. I will probably hook up with Ron and that Caravan as they pass by.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might try to make this!

My vette has more hp than the viper (right now anyway haha), but I will drive the viper:)