Houston VCA

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any activity in the Houston VCA? Would like to get the newsletter or any event announcements.

Jim

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Jim,

The Houston Region is something we want to address this year. I made that announcement at our National Meeting today in Detroit.

We are looking at an event sometime in March.

Please send me a pm with some info and I will get in touch with you when I get back home next week.

Thankx,

george farris
VCA National VP

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be great to have an active Houston Club again. JB, where are you in Houston? I'm in Clear Lake.

Andy

OP
OP
J

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George - PM sent. Thanks for your response to this thread.

Andy - I'm in Kingwood. I saw your car at a Viper gathering in 04 at Dave and Buster's, but don't know if I met you. Do you know any other Viper owners in your area? Maybe we can get together soon for a Viper session.....******'s is always good...Since this is car talk, here is a pic of my carriage.

You must be registered for see images attach

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am located in Cypress. I had inquired about the Houston VCA and was told there had not been any activity for awhile.

Todd

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone please notify me if anything eventful happens. I'm in for a get together/cruise. Just have to notify the wife, also. :D

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George - PM sent. Thanks for your response to this thread.

Andy - I'm in Kingwood. I saw your car at a Viper gathering in 04 at Dave and Buster's, but don't know if I met you. Do you know any other Viper owners in your area? Maybe we can get together soon for a Viper session.....******'s is always good...Since this is car talk, here is a pic of my carriage.

You must be registered for see images attach

There are a couple vipers down south. Dave & busters was a good time, its hard to believe that a city this size we just can't seem to get it together. We had a cruise about a year ago that was pretty fun although it really turned into a road race.

I like the stripes on that SRT, really stands out great. I noticed the Donzi in your pic, nice boat. Do you take it to Conroe? I have a Baja, the other money pit!

I am open for a get together, we have enough nice winter days here in Houston that are pleanty warm enough to cruise.

Next nice weekend we should plan a get together.

Andy

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am located in Cypress. I had inquired about the Houston VCA and was told there had not been any activity for awhile.

Todd

Where is Cypress? Isn't that out 290?

Your right, our last president Prashant, had some things planned when I first got mine but that has dwindled down in the past couple yrs.

We should favorite thread toggle this & that way we can rejuvinate the thread when a nice weekend comes up.

Todd lets see a pic of that viper!

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone please notify me if anything eventful happens. I'm in for a get together/cruise. Just have to notify the wife, also. :D

We have enough vipers on this thread to get together & do something.

Murci how about a pic of yours! :needpics:

OP
OP
J

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like VCA wants to get Houston going again with maybe a meet in March - that's good news. That's more than a month away, so let's meet before then at first sight of a good weather weekend.
So far we have:

AJT Clear Lake (SE)
TBarrow Cypress (NW)
Murci ?
JB/SRT Kingwood (NE)

We have Houston pretty much surrounded - guessing somewhere near downtown would be good at this point. If others join in, we can skew the location toward the greatest number of drivers. Murci, what's your location?

Who else is game for a little Viper meet?

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Andy, Thanks for the email. Add me to the group.
Doug Pearland

No problem, it would be nice to get together again.

Who else is down here? The guy that had the blue white gen I & sold it for the black GenIII. I forgot his name...Paul??
Getting old *****, memory isn't what it used to be.

Andy

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need to get some pictures. My wife delivered the Viper to me as a suprise back in September.

Yes Cypress is out 290 in NW Houston.

Todd

Doug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug Pearland

Who else is down here? The guy that had the blue white gen I & sold it for the black GenIII. I forgot his name...Paul??

Andy

You might be talking about Troy. He also has the yellow gen 2 rt/10
I'll give him a call.There also a guy in texas city, Paul

Doug

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yes, the VCA wants to get the Houston Region rolling again - in a big way. We are looking to host an event in the area, most likely at a local tuner's shop. We'll even buy the food. Expect something very soon!

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the Sugar Land area. I do have pics, but haven't figured out how to post, yet. Mine is just stock red/vert. Would love to hear some aftermarket exhaust!

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug Pearland

Andy

You might be talking about Troy. He also has the yellow gen 2 rt/10
I'll give him a call.There also a guy in texas city, Paul

Doug

Paul has the blue viper with white stripes. The other guy had a white viper Gen I with blue stripes. Now he has that Gen III black car.

I'll remember about 3 in the morning when I'm not thinking about it.

Andy

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the Sugar Land area. I do have pics, but haven't figured out how to post, yet. Mine is just stock red/vert. Would love to hear some aftermarket exhaust!

Upload your pics to your gallery here on the site first.
In your post hit image & paste the properties link. Get them loaded & PM me.

I have corsa, no cats. Sounds like a Jet!

Andy

OP
OP
J

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, we have large corner table full of drivers already! Great start!

AJT Clear Lake (SE)
TBarrow Cypress (NW)
Murci Sugarland (SW)
JB/SRT Kingwood (NE)
Doug Pearland (S)

I like the stripes on that SRT, really stands out great. I noticed the Donzi in your pic, nice boat. Do you take it to Conroe? I have a Baja, the other money pit!

Andy - thanks re the stipes. They do make it pop. The Donzi is a 32 ZF, a center console fishing boat. Never taken it to Conoe, just offshore. And yes, it is a money pit!!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Houston folks...let me know how I can help. Jim can attest to my activeness in the car scene in Central Texas and the outying areas...

Maybe a combined meeting somewhere in the middle?

I'll be in Houston during the seonc weekend in Feb...maybe we can all hook up then? Hell...maybe I'll even bring the snake?

OP
OP
J

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To bump the thread, here is the latest tally:

AJT Clear Lake (SE)
TBarrow Cypress (NW)
Big Medicine Cypress (NW)
Murci Sugarland (SW)
JB/SRT Kingwood (NE)
Doug Pearland (S)

Hey Ryan, thanks for pitching in the offer. Ryan (Got One) would be a good resource for ideas on getting folks out to events. He and his buddies put together http://www.hillcountrydrives.com/ and they usually have a very good turnout for their drives.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kevin M. checking in (Pasadena). We tried to meet a couple of months ago at D&B on Richmond but didn't get have a good turnout (too close to the holidays I suppose). We plan to try again in late Feb or March once the weather gets a little better.

viperlaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually got Houston Viper Club re-registered with the Secretary of State but our current president seems to have lost interest. We can elect new officers if there is interest in getting the club going again. Peter Blach spent the better part of a year planning events for the Vipers with little success from an attendance standpoint but maybe we just need to start slower with meetings on a regular basis at D&B's or somewhere else.

I have a 2002 RT/10 (graphite metallic w/ cognac interior) that I take to the track fairly regularly (and even trailered out to Las Vegas for VOI9). I would like to see some activity and I know both RSI and [*****] are interested in supporting the club as is Northwest Dodge and probably some others.

I would be happy to serve as the collection point for those who might be interested if you would all email me at [email protected].

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yes, the VCA wants to get the Houston Region rolling again - in a big way. We are looking to host an event in the area, most likely at a local tuner's shop. We'll even buy the food. Expect something very soon!
Please dont say its at RSI!!!! Try Woodlands Performance and Suspension as they are awesome with detail and customer service. It has been at least 2 years since the Houston club has done anything substantial. Just hope it gets back like it used to be. A Dallas/ft. worth club imitator would be great.

OP
OP
J

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting our club active again will probably be easier if we can avoid obvious personal prejudices and allow this fresh attempt to unfold naturally. Seems like it would help to get Houston going again if any suggestions were positive and constructive.

Logic suggests the shop chosen would be a financial supporter of VCA; however, I'm sure whatever shop is chosen will do a great job and it will be a welcomed event for those in Houston that own Vipers.

I'm thankful of any efforts to get VCA Houston back on track.

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have had some houstonites join our club to stay active. If anyone would like to be on my email list, let me know and I'll put you on it. The central Texas club isn't the most active, but its a heckovalot better than Houston's.

[email protected]
pres texas south central

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang