Doug Pearland (S)
Flexx91 Pasadena (SE)
Viperlaw
Viper GTSR 91 (NW)
Rpm9000 (SE)

viperlaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Obviously this thread struck a responsive chord. We have now assembled a list of about 35 interested Viper owners in the Houston area. Since we are planning to use email as our form of communication as we get re-organized, I would appreciate everyone spreading the word and sending their email address. We are shooting for a mid-February initial meeting with some of the national officers coming down for a mid-March meeting to officially elect new officers. We need volunteers!

slither

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in, like to meet some fellow Houstonian Viper owners. I'm on the NW side of town.

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, as Ivan mentioned, I did my best last year to revive the club. We had cruise's, lunch's, car shows, etc...but the attendance was lackluster at best. If anything, I was able to get more "other cars" to come to our events over Vipers. I will help in any way I can, good luck all!

As for an event in March, many local Viper guys are coming out to TX2K Nationals event I host in March. It's a 4 day event that has:

March 15 - Road Racing at MSR Houston (all Vipers welcomed to sign up for this, Ivan is joining us for the 4th year in a row as are many other Vipers)

March 16 - dyno day at RSI - all Vipers welcome

March 17 - 60-130 mph acceleration competition using GPS based device at a drag strip (controlled environment) - all Vipers welcome

March 18 - drag racing all day long at a private track rental (all Vipers welcome)

If you all are interested in more information, please post here, I'd be happy to give you all more details...

Peter Blach

SnakeInTheGulf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have had some houstonites join our club to stay active. If anyone would like to be on my email list, let me know and I'll put you on it. The central Texas club isn't the most active, but its a heckovalot better than Houston's.

[email protected]
pres texas south central

opnwide
Can you put me on your list! It looks like I'll be all alone down here in Corpus Christi

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Count me in, I am in Sugar Land. I usually only watch the Gen 1 forum, so let me know where to watch for any developements.

beckertb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Please add me to the list. I was able to make it in '04 to Dave an Busters. I'm in Beaumont, so I guess that would be South east-east Houston.

TIA

Ben

OP
OP
J

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send you emails to Ivan so he can include you on the February meeting announcement coming soon.

I would be happy to serve as the collection point for those who might be interested if you would all email me at [email protected]

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK who has the blue with Silver Stripe coupe in NW Houston. I saw you on Huffmeister getting onto 290 at 10:08 am today you exited I-10. I was in the Blue BMW 760Li with the V-12. first 3 digits on your Texas plate was 305. Looked Great!!! I wish I would have had mine out as it was great weather here today.

Todd

viperlaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am posting the announcement in the Events section but the first meeting will be on Saturday, February 17 at 2:00pm at Dave and Buster's (Richmond and Fountainview). I sent out an email to everyone for whom I had an email address but feel free to spread the word.

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darn it...I won't get off work till at least 3-4pm. How long is the meet? What are the tentative plans? Thx.

Doug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Everybody, Dont forget about the meeting this sat 2/17/07 @ dave and busters 2pm

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wish I could have been there but couldn't miss out on all of the festivities back home (New Orleans). :nana:

Hope that there will be a repeat in March.

OP
OP
J

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE -- Where do I start? Much has happened since this thread was begun.
Houston Viper Club, Inc has been incorporated with the State of Texas, we have had a few meetings, the last of which officers were elected along with board of directors, we have several dealers/tuners willing to support the club, and emails from out of the blue wanting to join. The number of members are not where we will be, but it's a start.

We have created a website of our own, HoustonVca.com, which is under construction but very functional, and what is more important, WE HAVE VERY ENTHUSIASTIC MEMBERS THAT WILL SHARE IN THE OPERATION OF OUR CLUB.

Much of the business work has been done, and NOW IT'S TIME TO PLAY!! Our calendar is shaping up with fun events.

It is great to report our progress. I will periodically keep you up to date.

The next meeting is April 14 at Goode Company Barbeque, 8911 Katy Freeway, Houston, at 2:00 PM. All Viper owners are invited. Come join so we can CRANK IT UP!!

Jim

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, glad to hear everything is going good for you guys down there. It is always good to see things develop for the Vipers and Texas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang