How big is too big for a viper?

bogz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys... I've been a lurker here for a bit, and decided to post....

I'm a bigger guy (about 6'2", 285-300, from playing football), and was curious how many 'bigger' people have vipers...

I understand that they are a bit tight for some people, so my question is this...

How big are some of the big people here? Do you find it a very tight fit in the snake?

thanks

bogz.

Ray R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6'4" and 220. I lowered the seat on my GTS 2" and like Y2KViper above, I used Sean Roe's clutch pedal adjustment kit to keep my knee from hitting the dash. I can now fit in the car with a helmet. At 6'2", I don't think you'll have headroom problems in a GTS. Later year Vipers have adjustable pedals, so I think you'd fit ok. RT/10 is "different" from the GTS. I believe the windshield on a RT/10 is shorter; I haven't measured, but I've been told.

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6'1" & 220 on a good day. GTS no problem, but go and try one on for size. On the track you should be able to out perform the little guys via "pound effects" making you pull more lat g's.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Should be no problem. We have customers that are 6'8", 6'7", and 6'6" and all of them found that a 2 inch seat drop was what they needed. You possibly might want a 1" drop, but it is highly likely that you will be fine. Many dealers in the country have done seat drops, so it should not be a problem to have it done if necessary. Take the suggestion and go try one on for size, and make sure they adjust the pedals all the way down. Good Luck
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler,Dodge, Jeep

OP
OP
B

bogz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys, you have all been more than helpful...

I'm not exactly sure how long down the road the viper and i will cross paths, but they will cross.

I hope to be in the market this time next year.

Until then, i will continue my Due Dilligence on the viper
You must be registered for see images

happy motoring
You must be registered for see images

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32