How can I get MY Viper in the VIPER MAGAZINE?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering how it would be possible to get my Viper in the Viper magazine. Is it a lost cause because it's a 99' ? I'd love to frame a Viper magaine with my Viper in it or on the cover.
Any ideas, i've spent a lot in upgrades, and I personally think it's worthy of being in the magazine, but lately all I see are new ones. I have some pretty sweet pictures I took all around St.louis that I think have the potential.

Just wondeirng if this is possible?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you write a good article to go with the pics and submit it, there's a good chance you can get INTO the mag. As for being on the cover... probably be a lot harder. Of course... you can always mock up a mag cover and get posters printed of it.

Heck, if you send me some high rez pics, I'd be happy to throw something together for you.

btw- new hood is AWESOME! :2tu:

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they can dedicate an entire Viper Quarterly Magazine to your car and then you can be on the cover.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you write a good article to go with the pics and submit it, there's a good chance you can get INTO the mag. As for being on the cover... probably be a lot harder. Of course... you can always mock up a mag cover and get posters printed of it.

Heck, if you send me some high rez pics, I'd be happy to throw something together for you.

btw- new hood is AWESOME! :2tu:
Thats a great idea,I would really appreciate it if you could throw something together for me.:2tu: I'm in the process of decorating my garage and a room in my house so I need some cool stuff to hang on the walls! I'll send you a PM for your e-mail address to send the high res pics.

I also plan on taking your advice and writing up an article also, i mean all they can say is no right? I'd also like to enter a few car shows so I can have some trophies for my garage also, but i've never entered a show before:dunno:.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just read your message and thought, well yeah it would be cool to be on the cover and all.

If you submit an article to Viper Magazine I would imagine they would print it. On page 5 of Viper Magazine it tells you how to submit pictures and letters to the Editor. I also notice the more VCA events you attend the better your chances of getting a pic of your car in from one of the events. I always see pics of the Club events in the Magazine.

I always like to see pics and writeups about RT-10's (Gen I or Gen II) as they are my personal favorites, well maybe not over the Gen III Coupes.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just read your message and thought, well yeah it would be cool to be on the cover and all.

If you submit an article to Viper Magazine I would imagine they would print it. On page 5 of Viper Magazine it tells you how to submit pictures and letters to the Editor. I also notice the more VCA events you attend the better your chances of getting a pic of your car in from one of the events. I always see pics of the Club events in the Magazine.

I always like to see pics and writeups about RT-10's (Gen I or Gen II) as they are my personal favorites, well maybe not over the Gen III Coupes.
Cool thanks, i'll check out Pg: 5 in the mag and see what it says. I agree i'd like to see more write ups and pics of the Gen I & II Vipers also. They are definately my favorite! I know it's probably a long shot to be on the cover, but even being in the magazine would be really cool.
I'm in the process of building my 91' Mustang GT back up and completely re-doing everything including a 540 Cubic inch motor. When i'm done (it will be a long time) I plan on submitting it to 5.0 Magazine & Muscle mustangs and fast Ford magazine. I also want to get my Dodge Ram into the 4-wheeling magazine once I jack it up even higher :2tu: and do some more work. But these are all goals that I don;t see happening soon but down the road for sure. Thanks for the tip on where to find the submission section.:headbang:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are always looking for good articles. Mark Gianatta is the editor. His email is [email protected] EMail him your idea for a story, send some high res pics so he will know you can contribute those as well. I suggest your story should weave a thread of your life since you got the Viper. Particularly your Marine military service. I always found your postings from afar interesting and your plans for modding the Viper each time you were home on leave. You accomplished all that and now have a pretty interersting and nice looking Snake, it might make a nice story. Call it "Semper Fi Snake"
Tell Mark I told you to email him.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are always looking for good articles. Mark Gianatta is the editor. His email is [email protected] EMail him your idea for a story, send some high res pics so he will know you can contribute those as well. I suggest your story should weave a thread of your life since you got the Viper. Particularly your Marine military service. I always found your postings from afar interesting and your plans for modding the Viper each time you were home on leave. You accomplished all that and now have a pretty interersting and nice looking Snake, it might make a nice story. Call it "Semper Fi Snake"
Tell Mark I told you to email him.
Thanks I appreciate the info! "Semper Fi Snake" sounds good, I e-mailed someone a while back (1 yr) about Vipers in the Military but never got a response back! I'll e-mail Mark and let him know you directed me his way! Thanks !:2tu:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how about doing a pic with your car and you in your dress blues? find a sword to hold. take a bunch of pics with some US flags around as a back drop. tell them about your car and your military service. do you have a welcome home banner you can display/hold? tell them about how good it is to be back home and your plans for the future, blah, blah blah. do something unique along these lines and i'll bet it may work. maybe park your car next to an old oak tree with a yellow ribbon around it! hahaha

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
your best bet is to tell him you dont know me or even like me. its gotta help..lol

actually mark is a very kool guy, talk to him.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey.... how about a November Veteran's day issue covering Viper owners who have recently served overseas? That would make a good cover, no? :)

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Build the motor, TT the car with some 78mm turbo's and be the first to run an 8 with an RT, that along with a good write up should be money. ;)
(I've seen some of your vids and you seem to have plenty of driving skills.)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Send pics and description of your car to Domestic Driver - A bi-monthly online magazine featuring Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and GM Cars from 1980+ magazine. Write an article and maybe get it published. I did. He has "readers rides" pages as well. He also sells Posters of the article/readers ride pages cheap. I had a couple printed onto vinyl and pasted to an aluminium sign board for display at car shows.

I used my first magazine article and the first place trophy from the car show to get the insured value of my 98 GTS up about $10,000. Local Car Clubs are usually happy to get all kinds of articles (cars, technical, etc.) as well. I write for 2 clubs newsletters.

Or ... you could attend a VCA event and maybe get your pic in that way.

Ted

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send pics and description of your car to Domestic Driver - A bi-monthly online magazine featuring Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and GM Cars from 1980+ magazine. Write an article and maybe get it published. I did. He has "readers rides" pages as well. He also sells Posters of the article/readers ride pages cheap. I had a couple printed onto vinyl and pasted to an aluminium sign board for display at car shows.

I used my first magazine article and the first place trophy from the car show to get the insured value of my 98 GTS up about $10,000. Local Car Clubs are usually happy to get all kinds of articles (cars, technical, etc.) as well. I write for 2 clubs newsletters.

Or ... you could attend a VCA event and maybe get your pic in that way.

Ted
Hey thanks, I was already the on the Cover of that magazine and had a 3-4 page spread with a full write up I did. It looked great, BUT it would ultimately be ideal to have mine in the actual Viper magazine. I had a poster made of the Domestic driver magazine article/Cover and it's hanging on the wall now, I should bring it when i go to car shows! Great advice! The only think i dislike about that mag is it's only an online magazine, nothing actually printed. But I had to get my start some where. What month were you in it?

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Build the motor, TT the car with some 78mm turbo's and be the first to run an 8 with an RT, that along with a good write up should be money. ;)
(I've seen some of your vids and you seem to have plenty of driving skills.)
If I only had the money, i'd definately do that! I've been into drag racing since I was 16 (10 yrs now) and one day i'd love to hold the record in a category like that. Maybe one day....:2tu: My Mustang will definately run 8's but thats because it's cheap to go fast in a Mustang. The Viper..eh that will take some time to be able to afford an 8 second set-up. I do however plan on adding a Roe SC one day when i can swing the money. Coming fresh off active duty 7 months ago and buying a new house has halted all my projects, but one day, one day!:drive: