How come so few bright blue acr's

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering. I think they made about 7 of them. The one's I've seen pics of have looked awesome. Plus, I haven't seen a single one for sale.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering. I think they made about 7 of them. The one's I've seen pics of have looked awesome. Plus, I haven't seen a single one for sale.

Good question - maybe people were afraid to order them because they hadn't ever seen that color in person? Personally, I'm not a giant fan of the bright blue - the GTS blue is a hundred times nicer. But I'm biased :)

In a perfect world they'd offer GTS blue on the final run of ACRs when ordering opens up again. That color, with the red driver's stripe, would be beyond awesome. You can actually 'build' one of them on the Dodge site - is that a hint to things to come, or a hint that Dodge marketing doesn't know what's up? Inquiring minds want to know.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well.... I made my vote and I didn't vote for blue. I just don't think it looks good.

I find the Viper an evil looking car and none more so than the ACR. To my eye the car just doesn't look right in 'candy' colours. The bright blue is an awesome colour but it's just not right to me.

Many folks HATE the black wheels but it would kill me to put chrome on my ACR...... Even silver... :crazy2:

When you make your purchase you chose the colour that you like the most - obviously not many people like the blue - me included.

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this is one of the hottest colors. That blue in the daylight is brilliant.

You must be registered for see images attach

Angela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does look really cool, I agree :2tu:

I am sure it is very difficult to pick a color when you cannot see it in person first. I know it would be for me.

Angela :)

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the white acr with blue stripes as well, but can you imagine cleaning a white car after a day at the track?!? :crazy2:

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have been to the track with 3 of them, blue with solid black center and a blue with double black stripes and blue with double white srtipes. they are very nice in person and very fast (driver has something to do with it). there a like or love color not a hate it. my 2 cents

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There was one for sale a month or so ago on flea-bay, Bright Blue/Blk.Stripes with 250 miles..He also had 6pt belts,corsa exhaust,eng and tranny poly mts.I think it came from Woodhouse.? He posted it a couple of times with a BIN of 110K,nice guy, from Texas. I e-mailed him a couple of days ago and hes decided to keep it...Kevin

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I place my vote on the Blue/Black.
Bought mine in Nov 08. Only 4 in the ACR designed black hood.
I am changing the rims to Forgeline SP3P Black Diamond cut.
Only other ACR I would have bought would have been A Yellow/Black.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was not a big fan of bright blue till I saw one in a parking lot with about 30 other vipers yesterday. WOW. Really stands out, in a classy way.

Have now become a bright blue believer.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is DEFINITELY a color you cant judge by pics. I saw a VBB/Silver SRTC in person and was stunned at how good it looked.

Was not a big fan of bright blue till I saw one in a parking lot with about 30 other vipers yesterday. WOW. Really stands out, in a classy way.

Have now become a bright blue believer.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That "Carolina Blue" Viper is absolutely gorgeous.....hands down. Definitely in a class all by itself.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That blue ACR on the track has a blue wing. I thought all ACR's had unpainted wings (except for the stripe). Maybe I'm not paying attention.

I'll go look at some photo's.

Greg

OP
OP
W

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That blue ACR on the track has a blue wing. I thought all ACR's had unpainted wings (except for the stripe). Maybe I'm not paying attention.

I'll go look at some photo's.

Greg

Actually, I believe that only the red and black, and the black cars were supposed to have the exposed cf, all the rest were required to be painted.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cars with stripes wings get painted,all others get no paint i think

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
XTREMDRM - I own one of the four sisters. It'd be nice to find where the other two are. It's a great, classic color but cameras don't seem to do it justice.

IMG_2720_1_.JPG

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
XTREMDRM - I own one of the four sisters. It'd be nice to find where the other two are. It's a great, classic color but cameras don't seem to do it justice.

IMG_2720_1_.JPG

That looks like a black wing to me........

It seems a little bit hit or miss - some have a painted wing, some don't.

Greg

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That looks like a black wing to me........

It seems a little bit hit or miss - some have a painted wing, some don't.

Greg

I asked the same question at the VOI10 Prefix tour. The answer was that striped cars get a painted wing (and I think the CF underneath is somehow slightly different), where as non-striped ACRs like mine get the painted end plates and naked :D CF.