How did you choose the color?

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new viper and have been doing alot of research on here... You guys really are a great group... anyways.. i've owned 4 sports cars in my short lifetime thus far and i'm moving onto my 5th the viper. I've always wanted one but now that i'm actually about to get one I just don't know what color to get??? How did you decide the right color for your viper?? I know it sounds nuts but any input would be great... On a side note when did SRT's start getting Bi-Xenon headlights?? I thought all of them had this but I just saw a pic of a new coupe that had a blueish tint with the lights on in the dark as opposed to a SRT vert... Thanks in advance.

moldowan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
silver- the best color for south texas as its ALWAYS dusty here and my black cts-V needs washing every two days to keep clean. Plus minoe swirls etc.. are almost invisable to the eye!!!
Plus silver adds a bit of elegance to the car IMHO. Red is hot rodish, copper is unique, black is BAD, white is royal, blue is stunning, yellow belongs on a corvette <G>.
-Moldy

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of the SRT-10's have had the HID lights since introduction - no exceptions. They were introduced with the model in 2003.

As for colors, many are driven by more "limited" production colors and color combinations when they can find them. That was what helped us decide to switch from black to yellow. Of course then they made yellow a regular production color, so it was largely moot. Somebody has since posted that yellow is officially done, so if you are in the market for a Coupe, that might be a good color to target for rarity. And definitely looks far better than on a Vette. :2tu:

Otherwise, go with what you like. Red and yellow tend to draw the eye more - especially with cops. Black, silver, and white tend to "blend in" just a bit more, although with a Viper you will never blend in. Blue is in the middle, as I suspect Copper is.

It's all personal preference, with some folks making the deciding factor the rarity of the color. Good luck!

OP
OP
Y

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's suuuchh a tough decision... I just want the car to look good and turn heads which i'm sure won't be a problem.. When I had my yellow z06 I wasn't to thrilled about the car at first, just bought it cause I got a good price and it was a z06... I did fall in love with the color though.. This may happen with me when choosing a color for the viper... I don't think I want black since I had two black camaros when I was younger and just don't have the time to keep it clean....

What reaction do people get with the copper?

Y2K5SRT - Thanks for clearing up the headlight issue... I wonder why the lights were tinted a blue in the pic I saw of the coupe... It was side by side with a vert. in the dark... hm..

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What reaction do people get with the copper?
Here you go:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB21&Number=658084

As far as the lights go, the chances are that when that picture was taken of the two cars side by side that the Coupe had just turned on its lights: When the SRT first lights up the headlights are very blue and then gradually go to a bright white. Mind you, it does so pretty quickly, but that would be my guess. Either that or the angle, as I think some can look a little different color depending on how directly you are looking at them.

Oh yeah, and yellow would be a FINE choice! :2tu:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always like silver / steel gray. For me it's a classic color for an automobile. I think it just looks right with the alloys and metals used to build a piece of machinery. Also, when you open the hood of a silver car all you see is mechanical colors. Every vehical I’ve ever bought was either silver or steel gray. Except for a black Z71 Suburban.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I always like silver / steel gray. For me it's a classic color for an automobile. I think it just looks right with the alloys and metals used to build a piece of machinery. Also, when you open the hood of a silver car all you see is mechanical colors. Every vehical I’ve ever bought was either silver or steel gray. Except for a black Z71 Suburban.

I'd go with red since our Viper bodies are not made of metal alloys. Also, as I recall, when you open the hood you see red valve covers. :D

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its kinda hard to say.

My 1st viper was red, 2nd silver and now 3rd white. I like to change colors when I change cars.

vd..

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After I saw the GTS-R Concept Car on Cover of the 2001 Viper Calender, I loved the Red/Silver color. Dark Blue always was my favorite color though. The new Blue/Silver Coupe is an interesting color combo. :2tu:

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
YoungDoc, black really looks awesome and is freaking sinister. Get comments on this all the time. The SRT-10 is a badasp machine so why not wrap it in a color that not only looks fantastic but conveys that 'don’t screw with me attitude' - hell, it's a damn Viper not a gumball. lol
My .02 cents, but then again you asked. :2tu:

C'mon Y2K5SRT, you know you've never really gotten over your ol' black beauty. ;)

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a black 2000gts and it was a pain in the **** to keep clean, but when it was, look out cuz it looked badasp. since the purchase of my new 06 coupe blue with silver tripe's, black in just in the past.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea i agree I like to get different colors as well. I had a Yellow RT/10 then a Blue White then a VCA Yellow black now I have a VCA Red White coupe. I have loved all of them! i do miss my 1000hp VCA though.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
red

From one doc to another u gotta go with the red... it has the most "poser" quality.. the red is just so deep and robust... it also compliments the "poser" accessories so well ... like the stainless steel emblems(side and rear), stainless
steel license surround....and so on
ALSO if u r a poser here are some other key accessories
ebc partially drilled rotors with ebc dust free pads(gotta keep the rims clean)
3M clear bra = not only on the front but on the side sills behind the front and rear wheels and u never have to worry about rock chips or tar again..
i spent weeks researching exhaust .. the CORSA i repeat the corsa produces phenominal sound on the srt10... not loud at all... one u install the corsa u always take the long way home just to hear that sound.. i wish i would have also installed the high flow cats..

http://www.x5world.com/lounge/12545-im-just-storing-some-pics-here.html#post111853

now once u become the best poser u can be u actually realise that u don't care anymore cos this car is just 2 much fun 2 drive...

04_Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wound up with a white 04 mamba but the Comemorative white with blue stripe, yikes...
THATS awesome.

Head turns yellow or Red stick out like a sore thumb, (as if the Viper doesn't do enuf by itself!)

All said, just look at em all till one talks to ya and says I'm it!

OP
OP
Y

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wallbanger... Not quite a doctor yet.. i'm still in medical schoool... i just figured since i'm going to be around the board for a long time I might as well put it up... don't be mad ;) I know how attendings are when it comes to the whole "you have to earn it"... I'm the same way....

Aside from this, I think your right... I like to do the poser red =) i like the emblems being chromed....

Here is the only thing that I see wrong with black... it shows swirl marks and looks faded over time... I have seen some gen 1 and 2's that are black that this has happened too... Are the gen 3's of a different quality?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine