How fast is a Venom 500?

Travis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple weekends ago I raced a Venom 500 from a 40mph roll, I pulled on him pretty hard, I was just wondering what that car is supposed to run in the 1/4?

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From your sig. you seem to have more power. Try to run him from a stop like a real race not a NAS car run. You will be the one one wondering what happened. Everytime I race a Supra guy they want a 60+ punch. What is the use you shut down in less than 12 sec. We all know Supras are turds from a low roll or stop(had one). I have seen Numerous Supras that dyno near 600hp run mid 12's. How fast should a Supra be in the quarter with 500+ HP???
redface.gif

OP
OP
T

Travis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BlackACR..why is a stop a real race? I dont care which car can launch better, I care which car is making more power. Besides that, to do a proper race from a stop, we would of had to have a flagman and done a burnout also, not something i want to do in the middle of town...

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Travis:
BlackACR..why is a stop a real race? I dont care which car can launch better, I care which car is making more power. Besides that, to do a proper race from a stop, we would of had to have a flagman and done a burnout also, not something i want to do in the middle of town...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of you Supra guys are sooo transparent...

Travis, Travis...You knew full well you had more power than that V500...Everyone knows the Venom packages tell you what flywheel hp the car is putting out....You knew you would beat him with your posted power level, so why even ask...And like BlackACR said try it from a dead dig to give the guy a chance next time. You might be surprised to see what it would do to you in a 1/4 mile.... Or if you only want to go from a roll with your car try a Venom 650R or even a stock Viper with a 200 shot of NOS and tell us what happened
biggrin.gif
BTW like Anthony said that is a mild Viper with your single. That was a guaranteed victory for you since he was giving away close to 165rwhp to you..

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Travis:
from a 40mph roll,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"From a roll" - just like John For...uh, just like Big Daddy Don...hmmm, just like Joe Amat.., no...who was it that races from a roll???

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I asked is what a Venom 500 runs in the 1/4 mile. I havent gotten a anwser yet.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Why??...You said earlier in your second post above that you "dont care which car can launch better" only "which has the most power"...So why do you care to know its 1/4 mile time?? I answered you and told you you had the "most power"....To ease your pain, its in the elevens at over 120mph....Hey that could be a stocker too
laugh.gif

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
Aw come on, Chuck. ALL the big names, like Sekimachi, Junichi Tanaka, and who could forget a name like Matsubara Sayamagahara?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They are all the star races in Japan!!! Why would a supra not race from a stop?? Oh yeah that's right, no torque untill the boost hits it's a PITA to launch then that's way too much for the tires to handle. Hey if they aren't 98% that they're gonna win they probably won't race. I've never heard a supra kill story that was from a stop when they were racing anything with decent power. Go to supra forums, look for topics such as... "yo my DAWG ***** a civic with a turbo and naws last night"

Then all the little groupies come in to fuel the supra owners ego further. BOOORING

Craig

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had my 94 BPU supra I would not dear race a Vette from a light. I would be humiliated. Craig you hit it on the head. I have never seen a supra kill video from a stop, most are from 90 punchs
laugh.gif

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to be the odd one out here but ALL my races in my Supra are from a dig.I roll on Nitto 555r's and cut 1.80 60ft times at the track with that.The Supra is a tricky car to launch but only the clutch pays the price.I launch at 6800 and slip the hell out of it.I can do the same on the street.I believe most Supra guys race from a roll because the car pulls the hardest there.Naturally you want to run your best when racing.Take a mustang for instance.They can launch great but fall on their face by 3rd gear.From a dig they can make a race interesting.

Joe

OP
OP
T

Travis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posted by SnakeBitten: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Why??...You said earlier in your second post above that you "dont care which car can launch better" only "which has the most power"...So why do you care to know its 1/4 mile time?? I answered you and told you you had the "most power"....To ease your pain, its in the elevens at over 120mph....Hey that could be a stocker too<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I really just wanted to know its trap speed, but i figured i would entertain myself with its ET also. I am not flaming here, I know that there are plenty of Vipers out there that can give me a run and a few that can beat me....

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Travis, Don't you know your not allowed to outrun a Viper ????
Just kidding, I just got my 1996 GTS Venom 500. I made two passes at the local 1/8 mile, the best was a 7.72 @ 94.9 with a 1.89 60'. With more practice it should get better. I think bobsviper was close with the figures he quoted for the 1/4. What does your car go 1/8 and 1/4 and mph ? Try not to stir up so much trouble
smile.gif
Tony

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Travis,

Go race John Hennesey with his 800 rwhp snake, on a roll....let it go , you don't stand a chance in here with your coffee can tail pipe

OP
OP
T

Travis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2BADD 4U: If i ever saw John Hennesey the last thing i would be worried about is racing him..i would be worried about his trying to steal my car and sell its parts
smile.gif
1TONY1: I havent brought my car to the track yet..but I did beat a GSXR 1000 that went 10.8@132(yes it was from a roll guys
smile.gif
)

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to disagree Anthony
Following are the mods for Venom 500 - I have receipts
K& N
Smooth tubes
65mm Throttle bodies
1.7 roller rockers with hardened pushrods
Stainless headers into 4" dumps
Straight through 1/2 cats
3" cat backs into 4" tailpipe
B&M shortshifter
3.54 "whisper quiet" rear gear - (Ha - its a real wiiinnner)

Don't have a quarter mile time for the Supra guy
I run a few open track events
Ran with a very quick stock 2001 Viper at Laguna Seca - he had lap times of 1:46 and was pulling 119 mph down the front straightaway. Stock tires.(This guy could get through the corners)
I ran 1:50 and pulled 130mph on the same straightaway - also on stock tires.
Now I've not yet run into any Supras at this track that pull away from me on the straights.
Have played with a supercharged vette running slicks - he could outbrake me but even on the short straights I pulled away from him. I don't run hard in the corners - too much concrete that could spoil my fun!!!!!!!
Now the quick guys - BMW racing cars, Porsches tricked out, a few older mustangs and such - these guys run full tilt and are quick - Supra eaters for sure.

So Supra guy - bring your car to Laguna Seca and lets see how it stacks up in a 30 minute session - I'll email you the dates - or
Thunderhill April 13 & 14 with the Nor Cal Shelby club.

I think you will find there is a lot more to going quick, than just horsepower.

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
travis, go to www.google.com, type "venom 500 1/4 times" and you will get your answer somewhere there...

you have a fast car. from 5000 to 7000 rpms. great. more power to you. i had a 500+ rwhp supra back when most of you guys didnt even know that anything more than bpu even existed (95) and while it was fun, the jekyl&hyde nature of the boost did not really make for fun driving experience (mine was a twin and even that setup sucked- i can only imagine what a big single feels like without some wake-up gas sprayed down low to get you going).

besides, you _know_ that although your stock bottom end can handle 700+ rwhp, you are sitting on a ticking bomb.

nice car, nice kill- but as mentioned in a previous post, you knew what would happen. i personally post kill stories when i race something that should be equal or faster than me. the rest is statistics..

race a 650+ rwhp viper (close to your output), beat it from a roll, from a stop or going in reverse and then come here and ask what it runs in the 1/4
biggrin.gif

good kill
smile.gif

alex
02 gts
few other cars

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Travis - 40-150 I take that to mean 40mph to 150mph on the street
Your the kinda guy we read about either killing themselves or an innocent bystander
Take it to a track man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
T

Travis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posted by AJ: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>you have a fast car<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeah, you didnt have to remind me. Posted by AJ: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>from 5000 to 7000 rpms<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Actually, it pulls great from 3500-7600 rpm. Not much less of a powerband than most Vipers. Posted by AJ: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>besides, you _know_ that although your stock bottom end can handle 700+ rwhp<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Its more like 900RWHP on stock bottom end. Posted by AJ: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>race a 650+ rwhp viper (close to your output), beat it from a roll, from a stop or going in reverse and then come here and ask what it runs in the 1/4 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I would love to race one..but I dont think there is one in AZ. Posted by AJ: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>i personally post kill stories when i race something that should be equal or faster than me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I hear ya..but the look on Viper owners faces when they get beat by a Toyota is priceless
smile.gif

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gavin,

I think you will find a large variance in Hennessey Venom 500 packages. I know I own a Venom 500 No. 32. You car defiantly had more done than mine.

Mine had the stock '98 headers, stock throttle bodies, stock rockers and 3.07 gear. All that is now changed.

Anthony

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I look at the above torque vs. horsepower chart, I notice that at 5252 rpm the torque number is not the same as the horsepower number. If horsepower is derived by, foot pounds of torque times rpm/5252 the numbers should always be the same at 5252 rpm.
Why is the chart not showing this?

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a big fan of supras, and i feel that they are good cars. but for you to just come here and brag about beating a viper which you know you were faster, is nothing special. You say u like to see the look on viper owners faces when a toyota passes them, but dont foget were driving dodges here. You can go love your cheap hp, and brag about how you beat a viper with a car that cost half the price, but thats not changing my mind on what i drive.

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hope he is not stupid enough to jump on the "my car costs half as yours and beat you from a 40 roll" argument... because for the 35k (what his car with mods is worth right now) i can and i have build a 9 sec. street car.

and if that is not enough, i have my 150+ trap speed stroked "big bore" kit 2000 zx-12r right here.. for the total sum of 18k ...
biggrin.gif
keep in mind that even walser's 800+ supra (a guy from tx who has some win/lose runs against busas) could not reel in a slightly modded busa.. and my zx-12r is much faster than that..

there is always somebody faster who has done it with less money... just imo
smile.gif

alex
02 gts
few other cars

dbvettez06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good one....Yes keep an eye on your car especially the hood , tires and wheels

2BADD 4U: If i ever saw John Hennesey the last thing i would be worried about is racing him..i would be worried about his trying to steal my car and sell its parts
smile.gif
1TONY1: I havent brought my car to the track yet..but I did beat a GSXR 1000 that went 10.8@132(yes it was from a roll guys
smile.gif
)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang