How many miles till empty

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many gallons until empty?

Anyone have an idea about how many gallons are left when the low fuel light comes on, Gen IV in this instance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Careful, that is ******* your fuel pump.

Yea, because of cooling, I don't like to do it. Left work last night and the light came on. I'm about 25 miles from home and don't like filling up anywhere near work or on the drive home all freeway, 1 stoplight right at work.

The light coming made me wonder if I could make it home and fill up right by my house at my usual station. Of course I didn't though, I chickened out and filled up half way home.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My experience is about 15 miles. Have only had the light come on a couple of times in 4 1/2 years, did the other day when I was within site of my favorite station.

DholiRaja209

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have driven 18 miles on the freeway doin 60 with the light on and at 12 miles told my buddy get ready to push lol!

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Wow, the gen 4 and gen 3 must be really different then. At the light on my gen 3 I have around 4 gallons left it seems. If I fill up right at the light I end up putting in around 14 gallons and I'm supposed to have an 18 gallon tank. I can make it around 50 miles probably. My drive is about 25 miles either way to work and I've hit the light halfway or less to work in the morning and manage to drive it home to fill up where I can actually buy premium fuel (only one station in the town I work it has it and it's on the other side of town). Even then the most I've ever put in was maybe 16.5 gallons.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I've gotten an easy 25 miles after light came on with my Gen 4. Drove it like a granny to maximize fuel economy. Seems to be a difference of opinion on how much fuel the Gen 4 will hold vs. the Gen 3?

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 12 miles was a "joke' as I got around 8mpg around town and 22mpg on the freeway with my 06 gen 3

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
There is a slight difference in tank capacity between the gen 3 and 4, but not much. I think it's only like .5-1 gallon change between them because of some emission stuff. I get somewhere between 16-20 on the highway with my current tune, haven't ever put a whole tank through it around town to find out how bad it plummets otherwise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang