How many of you guys make less than $ 50,000.00 a year ?

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How many of you guys make less than $ 50,000.00 a year ?

Ananconda:Nice story,good to see your fortunate enough to help your family in a time of need!

Well, look at it this way...what would make you sleep better at night? Having not one, but TWO Vipers, or knowing that you helped out your mother and sister? To me, that is a no-brainer. When I told my sister that I was giving her my car, that was more of a thrill to me than anything associated with owning a Viper. I just felt good, you know?
attaboy anaconda, way to go! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: I should send this post to my bro in JAX. He's single, makes 6 digits and feels that he can't buy a Viper.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was just mentioning in another post that it's great to know that so many Viper owners are everyday guys that still work for their money instead of their money working for them.

Drive your Vipers as much as you can! From wanting a Viper, I worked my @$$ off to get a house first (need a garage for it). Now, I'll need to work my @$$ off more to get a 3-car garaged house... so I can get another Viper or two. :D

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I made $72k last year. In Rochester, NY on the shores of Lake Ontario, property is not through the roof. 1800 sq ft in a good location for $130k and taxes $5k/yr. I used my Viper obsession constructively and paid off my house in 8 years at age 32. We have no car payments. Today I only owe $23k on my Viper after 1 yr but pay no interest since we transferred the balance to 0% credit cards. Being debt free is the best thing anybody can do for themselves at any income level. p.s. I'm with you YouWish Go Raiders!!! :headbang:

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well this thread has definatly inspired me. Shows me you dont have to be "rich" to get one. I had no idea you could manage to get one making that little a year.

One question for the military guys though is how does the salary thing work for that? Do you guys get payed pretty well?

It all depends on your rank. I've been in 15 years and make around $3,700 a month before taxes. I could have done a lot better but only recently found the motivation to get promoted. I don't serve because of the paycheck, I serve because I live to protect the freedom of this great nation, and will gladly lay down my life to preserve it. :usa:

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well this thread has definatly inspired me. Shows me you don't have to be "rich" to get one. I had no idea you could manage to get one making that little a year.

One question for the military guys though is how does the salary thing work for that? Do you guys get payed pretty well?

It all depends on your rank. I've been in 15 years and make around $3,700 a month before taxes. I could have done a lot better but only recently found the motivation to get promoted. I don't serve because of the paycheck, I serve because I live to protect the freedom of this great nation, and will gladly lay down my life to preserve it. :usa:

I would definatly be serving because i want to serve not for the money. Im one of the proudest Americans i know, and im all about fighting for it, i was just curious :usa:

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Way to go guys. I'm so proud to have fellow Americans like you that serve for honor and protect us & our families. We all owe much to you! thank you,

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I make well under 50k and live a nice life... I did buy my GTS when I was only 19.. It is how smart you can be with your money that will depend if you purchase your car now or a few years from now.

shelbynut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does she have an equally successful sister? :rolleyes:

I've never made more that $50K (US) per year, but have wanted a Viper since the day I saw the prototype at the auto show around 1990. I opened up a seperate bank account and had $25/week automatically transferred from my regular account to the Viper account.

It was always a dream but I never touched the account (shuffled it around into Mutual Funds) or stopped the flow. Last year I decided I might be able to pull it off as a birthday present to myself for my 40th, so started looking.

This spring I found the right car for the right price in the right location, and had over 1/2 the cost of the car already just from the $25/week.

Leaned on the house a bit for the rest (lots of equity in it) and wala! Viper in the garage! :2tu:

Jay

TomH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I make about 40K, bought a 97' GTS a couple of years ago. My secret is simple, saved half my income in mutual funds for 14 1/2 years, one day I sat down and added up my assets, realized I was worth a mil. and decided to reward myself. I sold my old car, which I drove for 14 years, for a 1000 bucks and bought the viper.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Being debt-free is probably the most liberating experience."

Well said.

Any of you young guys, you should be saving, buying some kind of house and not ever paying a cent in credit card interest.

Also, put off having children as long as possible. If you really don't want kids, don't let anyone talk you into having any.
Not having kids will save you a fortune.

I never wanted any kids, and never had any.

Anyway,
a Viper is cool, but don't let one give you a slow start in your financial life.
Put it off.

And the question,
$50k?
Now that I'm retired, I'm making about that much.

The wife still works, for another two years, then she will retire.

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well said.

Any of you young guys, you should be saving, buying some kind of house and not ever paying a cent in credit card interest.

Also, put off having children as long as possible. If you really don't want kids, don't let anyone talk you into having any.

Anyway,
a Viper is cool, but don't let one give you a slow start in your financial life.
Put it off.

And the question,
$50k?

Yes well when houses in the area are $600,000 for a townhouse, and $450,000 for a condo. There is no way possible to save and even come close to buying a house. So i put my money into a viper and renting a house. It really does depend on your area. Being right out of college and the housing market going through the roof, leaves me little to no hope of ever being able to get a house. I would basically have to save all my money for 10 years just to be able to put a downpayment on a house in Northern VA. So why not have Viper and at least be happy?

danfromohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan,

In 3 years from now who knows where the hell any of us will be and what kind of situations we'll be in. Instead of figuring out ways your going to be able to get a Viper in three years channel all that energy and thinking into figuring out how you can get one now ! Just think you could be crusing around in your own Viper shortly ! Go for it, life's too short !!

Poor slob Bo
I'm pretty sure that right now a bank would not lend me the money it would take to get one. We just bought a very nice house, had our first child in February and we both have fairly new cars with payments. Our combined annual income is barely over $70,000. If I were a bank, I wouldn't lend me the money. But the whole thing about kids is exactly right. I love my little girl and wouldn't trade her for anything (not even a Viper!), but with what we pay for daycare ($600 per month), I could easily have a Viper.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd move out of there as fast as I could. You're working for the government and the bank in that pricing structure, with nothing ever left over for you.

Well said.

Anyway,
Put it off.

And the question,
$50k?

Yes well when houses in the area are $600,000 for a townhouse, and $450,000 for a condo. There is no way possible to save and even come close to buying a house. So i put my money into a viper and renting a house. It really does depend on your area. Being right out of college and the housing market going through the roof, leaves me little to no hope of ever being able to get a house. I would basically have to save all my money for 10 years just to be able to put a downpayment on a house in Northern VA. So why not have Viper and at least be happy?

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Their is no material item in the world worth more than my kids! I also would highly suggest having kids earlier in life than later if you want them. As long as your finacially stable enough.

OP
OP
B

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm afraid I gotta disagree with Joe on this one. Joe said " A Viper is cool, but don't let one give you a slow start in your financial life, put it off. " Jos is retired, and having a Viper when your retired is probably pretty cool, But it dosen't compare to being young or being young and single and owning a Viper. Driving a Viper opens doors for it's owners in many ways. If your single you will be meeting lots of girls who want to go for a ride. I can't tell you how many times pulling up in my Viper has gotten me jobs and made instant friends for me, with people I never would have gotten the chance to meet. The more friends you have in this world the better off you are! As all of you guys who own one already know, these cars are almost magical ! So to all you guys out there thinking about buying one, Pull the trigger !! A whole new life awaits you !! Experience the Viper mystique !!

Bo knows

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is funny. The guy asks how many of us make LESS than 50k a year and some of you yahoo's :D come on here and say "Oh, I make 100k a year." Or "I make 150k a year." It's like some of you are bragging or something. Granted this is an interesting post but in reality, it is nobody's business how much other people make a year. If you want to say how much you make a year, fine, tell us. That is your decision. I surely won't disclose how much I earn a year because it is nobodys business but mine. I agree with some of the people that if you can't afford it, don't be pressured by some of the guys on this board that you don't even know, to buy one.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm afraid I gotta disagree with Joe on this one. Joe said " A Viper is cool, but don't let one give you a slow start in your financial life, put it off. " Jos is retired, and having a Viper when your retired is probably pretty cool, But it dosen't compare to being young or being young and single and owning a Viper. Driving a Viper opens doors for it's owners in many ways. If your single you will be meeting lots of girls who want to go for a ride. I can't tell you how many times pulling up in my Viper has gotten me jobs and made instant friends for me, with people I never would have gotten the chance to meet. The more friends you have in this world the better off you are! As all of you guys who own one already know, these cars are almost magical ! So to all you guys out there thinking about buying one, Pull the trigger !! A whole new life awaits you !! Experience the Viper mystique !!

Bo knows
Well said Bo! Owning a Viper DOES change ones life in a significant manner. Like you said you get instant respect from people that proably would never talk to you.

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe the post is not about bragging, but about how Viper owners of all financial backgrounds can enjoy the Viper community. It just goes to show what a financially diverse group of car enthusiast the Viper community is!

In addition, if someone does not want to disclose their financials or at least discuss what it takes to own a Viper, then there are other post to review and respond to.

Having attended VOI and many Viper events, I have never seen where one's financial status has impeded on enjoying the event or comraderie.

BTW, noting wrong with being proud of your success and voicing it... a little.

My .02