How many of you would???

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pet Snake, TC is a four letter word with these guys.

I think what concerns them is if it's an option, their cars would be less valuable without it.

It is great to feel the full power of the Viper and learn to tame it but, I agree on the bases to make the company more money and, make a fully loaded Viper costs about $150k. IMO

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can have T/C installed by any Viper tech for about $4K. The leather dash goes for about $1,300. The upgrade to a "perfect" stereo is about $2,500. With that being said, that's conservatively $8K. I am very happy with the stereo in my car, as I listen to the car rather than the "perfect" music. The sweet sounds of the Belangers, and the high flow cats, along with the Magna Flow mufflers is better than any stereo. I have learned over the last 9 years of being a Viper owner, that the best traction control is your own wisdom and a correct right foot pressure! I'm a much better driver for it. My wife's car has the leather dash, I could care less. This car is NOT supposed to be "like a Ferrari!" I don't have a desire for a Ferrari. Nice cars, but being retired, kind of limits me from shelling out $10K + for just a "tune up!" The Viper is a legend in it's own time! Every time I drive it, it's taking me back (just a little), to a time when I had my 66 Comet Cyclone GT with a 427 side oiler. Very exclusive, very mean sounding, and at the time very fast! Now, I have the modern, very exclusive, very mean sounding, and very, very fast car that most people would give their right arm to own! (I have the Paxton, etc., etc.,) This, in your face, modern muscle car just isn't like the cars with all the "bells and whistles!" that's why I always wanted a Viper. It's a hand full! It needs a paying attention to while driving it!! It would not be the same if it had all the "stuff" that the electronics minded owner NEEDS to help them be a better driver. Did I think that any answer on this thread was sounding as if the person was, as you previously said, MAD? Not at all. I believe that it's just truth about a car that needs a real driver. The Viper......truly one of a kind.........and I for one like it that way.

OP
OP
P

PET SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kenneth,sounds like you love the viper also,do you ever push the car or drive it like a REAL DRIVER?? Oh and why upgrade to quaife,paxton,headers,exhaust etc, isn't this car that anyone would give their RIGHT ARM to own built good enough for you already??? why change so much???(OPTIONS)kenneth!!!!
So let get this straight...horse power ,sound, OH AND BETTER TRACTION HOOK UP GOOD!!! ELECTRONICS BAD!!!!
I do understand you just thought, maybe give choice's so car markets to bigger market to keep it around for a long time to come.
Or you want to say I REMEMBER WHEN THEY MADE VIPER'S ...YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE THEM, SO YOU CAN ORDER YOUR NEW ONE THE WAY YOUUUU LIKE ,AND ONCE AGAIN BE A "REAL DRIVER"!!!!!

DONT GET YOUR FEATHER'S RUFFLED IT'S ONLY A SWITCH OR SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR ALL YOUR OTHER ADDED (OPTIONS) THAT YOU THOUGHT WERE OK!!

BUT ALL N ALL I DO SEE WHAT YOUR SAYING...PET SNAKE..........

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOLY PHOTOSHOP BATMAN!

You must be registered for see images

I recognize that center console (it belongs to the lovely Venomiss & Yours Truly), but it absolutely does NOT have that button (or any of the other attachments that go with it). A good Photoshop to be sure, but you can see the different angle and the color difference from the other chrome. Still funny stuff!

Now to figure out where the picture itself came from - either I am forgetful or we have our own personal stalker... :D

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenneth,sounds like you love the viper also,do you ever push the car or drive it like a REAL DRIVER?? Oh and why upgrade to quaife,paxton,headers,exhaust etc, isn't this car that anyone would give their RIGHT ARM to own built good enough for you already??? why change so much???(OPTIONS)kenneth!!!!
So let get this straight...horse power ,sound, OH AND BETTER TRACTION HOOK UP GOOD!!! ELECTRONICS BAD!!!!
I do understand you just thought, maybe give choice's so car markets to bigger market to keep it around for a long time to come.
Or you want to say I REMEMBER WHEN THEY MADE VIPER'S ...YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE THEM, SO YOU CAN ORDER YOUR NEW ONE THE WAY YOUUUU LIKE ,AND ONCE AGAIN BE A "REAL DRIVER"!!!!!

DONT GET YOUR FEATHER'S RUFFLED IT'S ONLY A SWITCH OR SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR ALL YOUR OTHER ADDED (OPTIONS) THAT YOU THOUGHT WERE OK!!

BUT ALL N ALL I DO SEE WHAT YOUR SAYING...PET SNAKE..........

A few questions:

Why would you want more Vipers on the road? Values would plunge like Bear Stearns stock and all the exclusivity would be gone.

What's wrong with customizing a car? No two Harley-Davidson's are alike. Why can't people customize their Vipers as well? What's wrong with someone wanting more power or to have their car look slightly different from others?

If you wanted better traction you could buy stickier tires. This would cost less than traction control, or at least even out over the lifetime of the car.

You say that you have owned 4 Vipers. It seems like that would be enough of them to understand the passion that most owners feel for the vehicles. For some it's not just a car, it's a lifestyle. For every "rich guy" that buys a Viper, there is some guy out there riding his bike to work to save up enough to buy the car of his dreams. Or perhaps there is a 12 year old that is saving up his lawn-mowing money with the dream of someday owning a Viper. I'm sure there are many more stories like this as well.

If you want choices, options, etc. there are plenty of cars out there that offer these things (BMW, Mercedes, Maybach, etc.). Why does the Viper have to be just like every other commuting appliance out there?

Some people look for different things in cars. I wouldn't buy a new Mustang because of the traction control. I wouldn't buy a Charger because I can't get a manual transmission. I wouldn't buy a minivan or SUV because I don't have a soccer team to haul around. There are a lot of vehicular choices out there. Some fit perfectly for some people, others don't.

The best way to sum this up is to say: To each his own.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As much as I think TC can help, it is afterall a crutch. people get used to TC and rely on it and still end up curbing there wheel,just like the ones that cant drive without TC. There are many on this board and others with alot more hp then stock. Even my car with 200+ more rwhp then stock is still very usable on the street,track or hills. I just hit the hills a couple weeknds back with a few vette buddies. Left the Z06 with TC far behind.

You just got to learn to drive and respect the power. I love the feeling of the rear breaking loose out of a turn and using your foot to control the spin.

PetSnake, you should use some of your cash and go take some driving schoools, it will help you alot. If you truly owned 4 vipers you would have learned this rather then curbing your wifes wheels. And seems you would have posted her many years ago, rather then just joining this site. Maybe a troll?? Anyways, seriously, go take some track lessons. Good Luck.

OP
OP
P

PET SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Exactly My Point !!!what Is Wrong With Different Options From Factory...to Each His Own..........oh And By The Way I Was That Little Boy,,,not The Guy On The Bike.....could'nt Afford One Then...........factory Options Or After Market Options.....their Options!!!!!!

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You say you don't want to argue or start anything other than a discussion, yet you sarcastically attack others for their point of view. :confused:

Are you for real?? :nono:

If you are going to keep your arguement up, at least make more points after you have used a search button. You will find as others have said that this has been beate to death. Do you just like to stir things up, and then point at others like they are to blame for the digression of this post?

Exactly My Point !!!what Is Wrong With Different Options From Factory...to Each His Own..........oh And By The Way I Was That Little Boy,,,not The Guy On The Bike.....could'nt Afford One Then...........factory Options Or After Market Options.....their Options!!!!!!

OP
OP
P

PET SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Miker' Ok You Got Me I Lied,,,,didnt Know About Site Before,to Busy Establishing My Business,,now I Have Alot Of Free Time(semi Retired}..i Guess I Could Take My Volk's Wagon Bug...oopp's I Meant Viper To A Driving School ,,, And Be A Real Man {arghhh} Oh Boy,,

Oh And Curbing The Wheel,i Guess You Have A Clean Driving Record?? Another Pro...out There!!at Least I Can Admit A Stupid Mistake....lol.
I Am Human ...maybe Not A (real Driver)yet I'll Try Mike..

So I Guess Out Of All Of This Dont Touch The Viper Dodge!!!if You Change Next Model No One Will Buy It!!

Ps...majority Of You Guy's Are Funny And I Do Respect Your Veiw's ,then The Other One's Lightin Up.....cry Babies...wew Lol "i'll Take My Ball And Go Home!!!!

OP
OP
P

PET SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
F8l Snk I Did Discuss This And Saw Other Veiws,thats What's Great About America!!!!sorry Once Again Im Sure Everything At One Point Has Been Discussed, So It Dont Looks Like You Dont Need To Come Back On!!!!

And For The Record I Never Attacked,unless A Rude Comment To Me....

So To Those Who Understand What I Was Saying ...all In Fun, About Maybe Bettering The Viper Or Give Choices To Both Sides ....any Way I Gotta Get Going To Driving School!!!lol (really Would Think That Would Be Fun}

Ok No More About Changing Viper!!! I Promise!!!!
Now That We Got To Know Each Other......welcome Aboard!!!pet Snake.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
By admitting to your mistakes you learn.

I like the Viper the way it is. "A pure sports car" is exaclty what it is. Anything you want in any car is available - for more money. I prefer to spend my money on what I want, not what the dealer things the original owner would buy. Superhcarger, ehaust, stereo, cup holders, billet wheels, big brakes, 1000hp halfshafts, Eibachs, driveshaft loops, Nitrous, front scoop, etc. The Sirius radio and nav system are portable so that I can use them occaissionally in both my drivers.

I shopped and bought the closest car to MY IDEA of perfection for about 60% of a new stocker, then changed out what it didn't have. Now, it's nearly perfect and didn't cost me $190,000. Since I've been driving 9-11 sec quarter mile cars most of my life, I'm glad my car doesn't have TC (computerized brakes) to slow it down.

Watched an older top gear episode and they said it all, "The Viper's not for beginners. No TC, Stab. control, etc. to do the driving for you. This car is built for expert drivers only."

Stability control is for pickups and SUVs with soft rides to prevent roll overs. Why put it in a Viper? My Stealth R/T TT has AWD and the Computerized Stability/Sport/Tour Control system has been removed in favor of Eibachs. Ther Viper has no slowdown/beginner driving aids - as it should be.

The vette has tons of junk like traction control, etc. but no AWD so buy a Dodge Stealth R/T TT for a DD and winter driving since there's no such thing as Viper ice radials. My Stealth has a few 'pieces' and makes 500hp. Comparable power to a Gen 2, but nowhere near my 720rwhp GTS.

Dodge built it, I perfected it! That's what mods are all about.

Ted

OP
OP
P

PET SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
RTTTed, WELL SAID I SEE YOUR AND OTHER'S POINT'S
I HOPE THE VIPER CAN WITH STAND THE TEST OF TIME,
MAYBE A THIRD VERSION OF THIS BEAUTIFUL CAR TO OPEN MORE OF MARKET,SO DODGE CAN MAKE ENOUGH MONEY ON HER TO KEEP HER AROUND??
BUT STILL NOT MASS PRODUCE??? JUST HATE TO SEE THE VIPER LEAVE ALL TOGETHER............NOW THAT I GOT HOW YOU GUY'S FEEL"I'M A MEAN LEAN DRIVIN MACHINE" STILL WORKIN ON THE REAL MAN PART"!!!LOL Y'ALL

I CAN HEAR THE ROCKY THEME SONG COMING FROM MY GARAGE.....YOU GUY'S ARE A TUFF CROWD......OK,OK,I GOT IT!!!!!!!!PEACE EVERYONE..........

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RTTTed, WELL SAID I SEE YOUR AND OTHER'S POINT'S
I HOPE THE VIPER CAN WITH STAND THE TEST OF TIME,
MAYBE A THIRD VERSION OF THIS BEAUTIFUL CAR TO OPEN MORE OF MARKET,SO DODGE CAN MAKE ENOUGH MONEY ON HER TO KEEP HER AROUND??
BUT STILL NOT MASS PRODUCE??? JUST HATE TO SEE THE VIPER LEAVE ALL TOGETHER............NOW THAT I GOT HOW YOU GUY'S FEEL"I'M A MEAN LEAN DRIVIN MACHINE" STILL WORKIN ON THE REAL MAN PART"!!!LOL Y'ALL

I CAN HEAR THE ROCKY THEME SONG COMING FROM MY GARAGE.....YOU GUY'S ARE A TUFF CROWD......OK,OK,I GOT IT!!!!!!!!PEACE EVERYONE..........

Don't you just love a forum where everybody tells you to keep your opinion to yourself?:lmao:

Rule 1: Never apologies for thinking outside the box.

Rule 2: If you want to make friends here you have to have rip your car apart, throw in an after market Super Charger or TT, re-design the body work, and put on some rims with bling.
If you just want to enjoy the Viper the way Dodge built it, your a pussee. Like me:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

OP
OP
P

PET SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok Here We Go Again Another *****, (sun Diego) Did You Mean The New Zr1???

I Think As Far As Marketing And Making Money!!,,something Im Sure You Know Alot About!!!! The Corvete Kinda Make's A Little Profit,,just A Little,
And Im Sure Theres Many Viper Guy's That Also Own Vette's!!!or Have... Yeah The Corvette Has??? 620hp Training Wheels...

Ok Everyone Im Not Saying The Corvette Is A Better Car!!!!!just You Have A Few *****'s On Here That Just Put People Down To Make Them Self's Feel Better I Guess, You Know "the Real Man Thing"arghhh!!!! The Ultimate Driverrrr!!!!
The Viper And The Corvette Are American!!!!! Yeah I Said American...so I Have To Say Being A Proud American I Like Both ,just Two Different Car's.

Im Not Into Oh Mine's Better Then Your's !!!! And Once Again To The Guy Who's Gonna Tell Me You Need To Be A Real Driver/man To Handle The Viper....give Me A Break You Act Like Your One Of The Elite Space Shuttle Pilots.

To Those Who Once Again Understand Me... Thank You!!!too The Other God's Gift To The Viper World ...give Me A Break....
And Yes I Do Love The Viper,and Many Car's For That Matter...i Dont Get Pissed And Flare My Chest Out......how Dare You Say That!!!

The Viper Is A Great Car,would I Wanna Drive It Across The Country???no...... Oh Boy Here It Comes,ya Ready????.... Ego Hairy Chested Viper Is The Only Car In The World Guy's.....our Other American Sport Car You Could Drive Across The Country And Enjoy It! "now Before All The Bomb Threats"
I Do !!!!!yes I Do!!!!understand They Are To Different Car's!!!!!!

My Point Of View And Maybe A Few Other's On Here ....they Are Both Fun,i Am Capable Of Liking Many Different Car's Imagine That!!!lol Lol

Thanks Again Maybe Im A Little More Open Minded,,sorry...oops I Mean Not Sorry!! (andrew/uspwr) I'll Be Your Pal!!!!!

Thanks Petsnake...peace To All!!!!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe its your attitude, you came on here asked questions, should have tried the search feature first. Then when you didnt hear what you wanted to hear, you start braggin about owning many Vipers, Lambos, etc. You go and add a bunch of cars to your sig. No one cares, most guys dont list or brag of their other cars,theres always another person with more money, better looking, faster car, etc.
If you want to ask a question, ask away, just dont come back and talk smack when people give their opinions. Like you said, its America, its the internet, free speach and many opinions. Maybe you should go over to the Lambo forums......

OP
OP
P

PET SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Miker, D0 You Really Have A Copper Head??? And 508 Hp With 522 Rwt??
Wowwww!!! I Noticed Many Post's Of Other Guy's Listing Their Car's.......dont Be A Hater,,,,
And I Started The Thread To Hear Other Opinions...

Mike My Advice To You...get A Better Job!!! Dont Be A Hater!!!lol!!!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, it's a VIPER forum. Vettes are great belongs on the vette forum?

What new ZR1? Are they for sale? Can I find one to race? Far as I know (don't hang out on the vette forum) there is no production ZR1s so who cares on this forum?

Petsnake, I drive my Viper ONLY crosscountry. The nearest city is over 200mi. away so mine's a driver, not a garage queen or poser. Not everyone wants to drive it that far, that's what I do. My Stealth R/T TT has more bells and whistles than a vette and 500hp, but what makes it so special is the AWD and ice radials for winter. Summer I sometimes need the 'kiddie' back seats so I put on the 18" tires and drive that. I think it's nicer than a vette. I prefer to drive my Viper whenever possible. I put 18,000mi. on my two Vipers last summer.

So, I would buy a 300SRT for the options and AWD(?) for when I couldn't drive the Viper because they don't make new Stealths. I would buy a Viper without options and then modify it to my idea of perfect (like I've done). Options I like are more power, better traction, more stopping, similar to a Hennessey Venom.

Ted

OP
OP
P

PET SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh My God U Mentioned Other Car's You Own!!! How Dare You !!
Yeah You'll Race That Vett Where Is It??? Omg Grow Up !!! Lol.lol.lol.your Killin Me On Here!!! Oh And By The Way Your Probably One Of The Very Few That Drive This Thing Across Country,,,,and I Know People Dont Buy Them To Drive Across Country!!!!!

I Know We Talked About This Already.......just Once Again Saying......never Mind.....viper's Arghhhhhh!!!!! Beat The Drum!!!!!

Do You Have A Duster For Sale??? Or A Chevvvvvvy Iroccccc!!!!!!!!! What A Chevy???? What Kind Of Dodge Guy Are You ???

Chevy /corvette .....viper Guy....omg!!! Thats Like The Biggest Sin On This Forum!!! You Mr.... Are In Big Trouble!!!

Ok,bye For Now!! You Iroc Chevy Lover!!!

Pet Snake

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Miker, D0 You Really Have A Copper Head??? And 508 Hp With 522 Rwt??
Wowwww!!! I Noticed Many Post's Of Other Guy's Listing Their Car's.......dont Be A Hater,,,,
And I Started The Thread To Hear Other Opinions...

Mike My Advice To You...get A Better Job!!! Dont Be A Hater!!!lol!!!

I dont have a need to list the other cars in my garage.

You have proved some people just dont have enough money to buy class. :rolleyes:
Enjoy your stay , Im done with my .02, thats all I can afford to give at this time.....

OP
OP
P

PET SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
miker one day you need to show this class you mentioned,
it's not good for you to have so much HATE!!!!

YOU MUST LOVE YOUR FELLOW VIPER OWNER...BY THE WAY YOU VOTING FOR OBAMA???

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh My God U Mentioned Other Car's You Own!!! How Dare You !!
Yeah You'll Race That Vett Where Is It??? Omg Grow Up !!! Lol.lol.lol.your Killin Me On Here!!! Oh And By The Way Your Probably One Of The Very Few That Drive This Thing Across Country,,,,and I Know People Dont Buy Them To Drive Across Country!!!!!

I Know We Talked About This Already.......just Once Again Saying......never Mind.....viper's Arghhhhhh!!!!! Beat The Drum!!!!!

Do You Have A Duster For Sale??? Or A Chevvvvvvy Iroccccc!!!!!!!!! What A Chevy???? What Kind Of Dodge Guy Are You ???

Chevy /corvette .....viper Guy....omg!!! Thats Like The Biggest Sin On This Forum!!! You Mr.... Are In Big Trouble!!!

Ok,bye For Now!! You Iroc Chevy Lover!!!

Pet Snake

Sorry, I thought everybody knew that the V8 Camaro IROC was replaced by the 1992 & 1993 Lotus DOHC 4 cyl Dodge Daytona IROC R/T? 224hp was more than the Chevy V8 put out and 151mph stock was faster. Only 432 Chrysler/Shelby IROC R/Ts (package cars) built. I've only owned 2 GMs in my life, both blew up.

Yep, a 750hp 440 duster. Got about 24 cars in the yard - no Chevs though.

Ted

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Live how you want to live.I think I am similar to most, I bought the Viper because the car speaks to me, driving it, sitting in it, or looking at it in the garage.I sold a 1969 428 SCJ Mach 1 before I bought my GTS,The Viper is an improvement on that car by light years but has more similarities than differences.The car is honest, simple and not for most people. The very things my friends and wife criticize the Viper for are the very things that I love about it.Unfortunately I agree with most in the feeling that the car would loose much of its attraction to me if it were refined from the raw testosterone supercar that it is,I do worry that our passion for this type of car could doom its future as most people do not understand and share our passion for its attitude of no compromise.Hopefully within time it will continue to evolve as it has in the past from the 92 to the 08.While the 08 is a tour de force of horsepower/performance it is a Cadillac compared to the 92 or Gen 1 cars.No AC no windows no apologies.Whether they know it or not my fellow Viper owners are not sports car fans they are muscle car fans it masquerades as a fine sports car but it lies! If you have ever lived around a 60's big block muscle car you will recognize the similarities.The Viper is uniquely American and could ot have been built by anyone else.
The Viper as is the Cobra, will be remembered as milestone in American automobiles.When you stand next to a Viper you stand next to the same passion and greatness that Carroll Shelby gave to the Cobra and Daytona Coupes you stand next to a car that has dominated its competition on the racetrack,street and the minds of car lovers the world over.Much like the Cobra,many Ferrari's,60's Corvettes and the muscle cars(insert your legendary car) it makes you a better person.You are better for driving it, you are fufilled in a way that many people never experience as you wipe the road dirt from its curves and above everything else driving it takes you to a place that is not reachable in a more refined car.You can criticize its lack of amenities,options fit and finish but the car is royalty and demands respect from behind the wheel as well as sitting in the garage.It is a passionate car that speaks to everyone when viewing it.It speaks to only a few when living with it.If you have spent time in a Viper (GTS Coupe sorry guys!) and it has not done this to you no worries,buy what does it for you.You asked for our opinion and many flame you. Its the passion the car creates, the passion like the car is not logical or rational!!!!!! I am a car guy I love the Corvette,Ferrari etc regardless of whats in the garage I and my fellow members are continually drawn to this car,I am ruined as everything comes up short to my GTS (Carroll Shelby please forgive me)

Last edited:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I cant let it go!!! Drive across country?In a heart beat if I had a choice between my wifes Navigator and my Viper there would be no decision.I havent read the manual that instructs me that my 01 GTS is uncomfortable.It would be uncomfortable to leave the car parked for long periods of time as it draws entirely to much attention.It obviously is not easy to get in/out but otherwise it is very comfortable if you like to DRIVE.My foot gets tired, I typically, never get really cool unless it is winter I couldnt have a drink in the car if I wanted too as there is no place to set it, but I never step out of the car glad that I am leaving it.I know a Mercedes, BMW, Navigator, Corvette would be a very easy way to travel but somehow I would miss something that only a few cars can supply.
There is nothing wrong with cruise control, heads up display, electric seats, climate control, an efficent & functiong AC, but for me it is not required and is only more crap I dont need in this car.These things would detract from the experience and require my attention when I should be minding the car.I like that the Viper requires my attention, much like a motorcycle, the concentration it requires challenges and relaxes me in a way that luxury cannot.
The Navigator is next to heaven to take a trip in but it is only the destination/comfort that is important, the Viper is not a car that is concerned about destinations it is about the DRIVING EXPERIENCE.If they can make it more comfortable great but it is not a requirement for us.That is not to say that the Corvette isnt about DRIVING its just not solely about DRIVING its also about amenities which is fine it sells alot of great cars. But to most of us it clutters up what is attractive.You can add nearly all the accessories that the Corvette has if it trips your trigger, we do not because it means nothing to us.
If you do not understand that is ok do what feels right,those extras are not what we enjoy
We all will think you are a little different (strange,unusual,diseased,)but hey variety is the spice of life.But be careful you might wake up some morning wondering what the hell you need climate control on a Viper for,and then all is lost as you will be ridiculing people who want to add creature comforts.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!
You are a car guy so I automatically like you even if we do not agree!!
But much more talk of the Corvette and other metro ****** fetishes and I will have to belittle and flame you on our forum, this rational behavior is wearing me out.
Sorry about the pink couldnt help myself!!!!:2tu:

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PET SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GOLD CUP, FIRST,OFF THANKYOU !!! finaly someone who really explained himself and the VIPER... It was said PERFECTLY!!!! I get you completely....
and you are even capable of liking other car's ....

THANK'S AGAIN, PET SNAKE

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Live how you want to live.I think I am similar to most, I bought the Viper because the car speaks to me, driving it, sitting in it, or looking at it in the garage.I sold a 1969 428 SCJ Mach 1 before I bought my GTS,The Viper is an improvement on that car by light years but has more similarities than differences.The car is honest, simple and not for most people. The very things my friends and wife criticize the Viper for are the very things that I love about it.Unfortunately I agree with most in the feeling that the car would loose much of its attraction to me if it were refined from the raw testosterone supercar that it is,I do worry that our passion for this type of car could doom its future as most people do not understand and share our passion for its attitude of no compromise.Hopefully within time it will continue to evolve as it has in the past from the 92 to the 08.While the 08 is a tour de force of horsepower/performance it is a Cadillac compared to the 92 or Gen 1 cars.No AC no windows no apologies.Whether they know it or not my fellow Viper owners are not sports car fans they are muscle car fans it masquerades as a fine sports car but it lies! If you have ever lived around a 60's big block muscle car you will recognize the similarities.The Viper is uniquely American and could ot have been built by anyone else.
The Viper as is the Cobra, will be remembered as milestone in American automobiles.When you stand next to a Viper you stand next to the same passion and greatness that Carroll Shelby gave to the Cobra and Daytona Coupes you stand next to a car that has dominated its competition on the racetrack,street and the minds of car lovers the world over.Much like the Cobra,many Ferrari's,60's Corvettes and the muscle cars(insert your legendary car) it makes you a better person.You are better for driving it, you are fufilled in a way that many people never experience as you wipe the road dirt from its curves and above everything else driving it takes you to a place that is not reachable in a more refined car.You can criticize its lack of amenities,options fit and finish but the car is royalty and demands respect from behind the wheel as well as sitting in the garage.It is a passionate car that speaks to everyone when viewing it.It speaks to only a few when living with it.If you have spent time in a Viper (GTS Coupe sorry guys!) and it has not done this to you no worries,buy what does it for you.You asked for our opinion and many flame you. Its the passion the car creates, the passion like the car is not logical or rational!!!!!! I am a car guy I love the Corvette,Ferrari etc regardless of whats in the garage I and my fellow members are continually drawn to this car,I am ruined as everything comes up short to my GTS (Carroll Shelby please forgive me)

Great Post! Well said! Couldn't agree more!!!:2tu: