How much horsepower do you lose when you leave AC on? Dyno ???

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my car dyno'd today. It was a hot day, car was running hot from the drive, etc. It dyno's at 434 RWHP which they even said was low. They thought it should be at 450 RWHP with the mods. When I drove the car, I noticed the AC was still on like it was when I brought it in.

If by chance they forgot and left it on, would that make a big difference?

Mike

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes no difference, Viper AC turns off under full throttle.

Your numbers are very consistent with the other creampuffs I have seen with similar mods.

GTSPOWERED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not know that the A/C turned off while under full throttle. Is that why I get a blast of hot air out of the system when I dump the throttle?

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure about that?

I was under the impression that at WOT the engine creates too much of a vacuum, which causes the air from the AC to quit blowing. If you replace the defective valve with a one way valve, the air will continuing blowing at WOT. Either way, I was told the AC is still working, drawing power, just not blowing at WOT.

Mike

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an 01 GTS that I dyno'd at 445 RWHP & 482 LBFT. I believe I may have had a little more left if I had made another run, but I ran out of time. The only additional mod I have is Jesel roller rockers. Hope this helps.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The A/C fan continues to run but the compressor stops during WOT, thus no real hp loss at WOT. The vacuum comment only affects which ducts the air goes out, not the temperature of the air.

Renan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
every modern computer controlled vehicle turns off the a/c at wide open throttle. Vacume pressure is not affecting the system and I dont believe you have defective valve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang