How much weight? How much money?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the better traction part (non run-flat Bridgestones) but not the 355 gears. I plan on doing this soon, but it seems like someone should have already switched the gears (no other mods in between) and seen a .XX improvement at the strip (1/8 mile and 1/4 mile)

I tried 100lbs of dog food in the trunk (before the tire change) and that didn't seem to help or hurt. So, my guess is that only 100lbs taken out of the exhaust and tires won't make much of a difference either.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple physics says the higher the gear ratio the more revolutions turned for point (A) around the farris wheel. Excuse me, but isn't the point to keep the motor in it's RPM band. You simply can't do it with the stock gear as it will drop to much between shifts.

Don't think so. You are forgetting the period of time the lower numerical gear ratio vehicle remains in a lower gear after the higher nemrical ratio car had to shift. Over several gears the difference will disappear. In the 1/4 I would expect a stock car with 3.55 to lose as it needs the extra 3-4 shift (worth about .15 sec).