how often does oil need to be changed in paxton 06

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought in nov of last yr, had mobil1 synthetic used by ringgold dodge. Like most of us Idont get todrive as often as id like. How often does the oil need to be changed? Didn't know if the paxton changed anything.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once a year, no matter what. The Paxton uses the engine oil, so there is nothing else to change. There is a filter in the oil line coming into the Paxton that needs to be cleaned every few oil changes.

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does Paxton use a Novi for the Viper? That's a beautiful car, btw, but I may be a bit biased, having owned two VOI's now :) Was this car on the Dupont Registry lately? I seem to remember looking at a Paxton SC'ed VOI9.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does Paxton use a Novi for the Viper? That's a beautiful car, btw, but I may be a bit biased, having owned two VOI's now :) Was this car on the Dupont Registry lately? I seem to remember looking at a Paxton SC'ed VOI9.

Yep that's the one. Does have the novi. I love the color, and Aero kit and mods made it appealing as I always throw money at these cars so that was nice..

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It it had not been sold already I would most likely be driving it now :) Luckily a TT VOI9 became available.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It it had not been sold already I would most likely be driving it now :) Luckily a TT VOI9 became available.

i actually wasnt looking for a VOI 9 coupe, i had a deal worked on an 08 acr and the seller backed out the day befor i was to fly out to get it. i spotted mine on autotrader and bought it from a dealer who had it on consignment from the original owner.
This car looks so good in person photos dont do these justice.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good rule of thumb for supercharged cars is to change the oil twice as often as you regularly would.

Paxton taps into the regular oil source, so it's extra heat load is transferred to crank case.

Lots of extra stess there. Might also consider changing out differential oil more often due to increased torque loading.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Once a year, no matter what. The Paxton uses the engine oil, so there is nothing else to change. There is a filter in the oil line coming into the Paxton that needs to be cleaned every few oil changes.
This filter going into the Paxton only needs cleaned and not replaced? What do you clean it with and is it easy to find? Thanks.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
This filter going into the Paxton only needs cleaned and not replaced? What do you clean it with and is it easy to find? Thanks.

The "filter" is more like an in line metal screen, so just remove the oil line from the Paxton unit, remove the small in line filter, clean it with some solvent (carb cleaner, etc.), and re-assemble.

Dan