How should I go about getting a hood shipped to my house?

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just bought a hood from someone and they said that they will make a crate for the hood for $50.00. Now I need to find a way to get the hood to my house. Does anyone know of any shipping companys that would pick up the hood at her house and ship it to mine? Thanks.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Roger a call at US Exotics and see what company he uses. It isn;t going to be cheap thats for sure. I just paid 388 to ship my new Diamondback hood and that was getting a good deal through my buddy. Rogers company is around 495 bucks.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How far from you is the hood ? If it isn't too far, and your car is driveable, you could take your hood off,
drive over and put the new hood on your car, and drive it home..

----------------------------------

2001 ACR/1999 GTS
Chrome ACR Wheels for sale
(24lbs lighter than OE 18")

SVS short shifter for sale/never installed

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How far from you is the hood ? If it isn't too far, and your car is driveable, you could take your hood off,
drive over and put the new hood on your car, and drive it home..

----------------------------------

2001 ACR/1999 GTS
Chrome ACR Wheels for sale
(24lbs lighter than OE 18")

SVS short shifter for sale/never installed

I think it is around 1400 miles from me.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're able to have it picked up from a body shop and delivered to another body shop, you'll end up paying less. I would try UPS, when I was shipping a hood to Massachusetts they were the cheapest at around $400, FedEx wanted $1100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fedex ground worked for me when i shipped a jeep hardtop. best price and the guy got it.

OP
OP
V

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you're able to have it picked up from a body shop and delivered to another body shop, you'll end up paying less. I would try UPS, when I was shipping a hood to Massachusetts they were the cheapest at around $400, FedEx wanted $1100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wow! They wanted $1100 to ship it? I got my car shipped to Pennsylvania from Utah for almost half that price.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I shipped an entire water softener system to someone 1500 miles away after selling it on ebay. I went to the yard of the frieght company, pulled a few skids off the pile, strapped the items onto each skid and let them put it on a truck. For the hood, your seller will simply crate it up, and can either call a frieght company to pick it up (more costly) or the seller can take it to their local freight depot. For me, I had to go to Newark.

If you tell any freight company the size of the crate and the approximate weight and the seller can help get the crate loaded at his end, you'll be fine.

Regards,
Aaron

USexoticsLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where abouts in PA are you??... I'm in Gettysburg and would be happy to help ya out if I can. You also might want to check out www.freightquote.com ... they'll give you a listing of prices from many different companies. As far as the weight goes, that's really gonna depend on the crate. I build all of my crates from 2x4's making it very solid and secure, but it adds alot of weight as well. On the low end your shipped weight will be about 150 lbs, and about 250 lbs. on the high end, all depending on what kind of crate is used... I've seen flimsy paneling used as well as lumber so you never know. Personally, I hope it's lumber... you're gonna pay a little more for the freight but it will be more secure. If you get on freightquote.com, you'll need the origin and destination zips, the weight (I'd put in 250 to be safe), the dimensions (which should be about 7 ft. x 7 ft. x 2 ft.), and the freight class (put in 250 for that). Good luck with everything and if I can help in any way you can call my cell at 717-752-0170. -Roger

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang