How the hell do people get in and out of their RT10 without looking goofy?

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No jokes about me looking goofy all the time, since none of you have seen me. There are no car entry instructions in the manual :D I am amazed at how bad the access is with the hard top on. I am a towering 5'8" and I can barely screw myself into the seat. The hard top wraps down so much it is a yoga exercise to enter the car. With my gangly 30" legs I almost have to roll on the door sill and pretty much kick the carpet on the door every time I exit. One more reason to keep your car clean. :)
Beyond putting the seat all the way back when you get in and out, what do tall people do? Crawl forward onto the seat and twist themselves around while inside the car? Spin around and plant your a$$ in the seat and then pull your legs in like a chick in a mini skirt? I do a one leg half squat and stab my right leg in at the pedals, then twist my head as far left as I can, still clipping the edge of the hard top at least a third of the time, and the left knee makes neat popping noises as I bent and twist with my full weight on it.
So I look cool standing by the car, look cool in the car, and look like an epileptic getting in and out.
Or am I actually the tallest Viper owner and the rest of you guys are 5'3"?
Or all you rich ******** have Viper cranes that sling you in and out?
I can't wait until it is nice enough to put the soft top on.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep practicing. You'll get good at it. I'm great at getting in and out of the driver's side, but whenever I have to ride shotgun I look like I've never gotten out of a Viper before.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Insert right foot into Viper.

2. Reach into Viper and grasp wheel.

3. Bend left leg at knee in order to get head low enough to clear roof.

4. In one decisive motion, swing your body in and place your rear end into the seat.

5. Bring left leg aboard.

Note:
If, during step 4, you hit your head really ******* the edge of the roof, act as if this were your plan. Others will be very impressed and wish they had a Viper too.

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You should have seen my wife's 89 year old grandmother when she decided she had to get in my rt/10 (with the hard top on) one night after she had a couple drinks.

I had the door open for my wife and she just kind of walked up and ploped in. She was very proud of herself but wasn't able to get back out. I thought I was going to have to take the hard top off to get her out. She is a fun lady and did really like the car.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
6'3" here, I just sit down then swing my legs in and love it every time, maybe it's the reward that is coming as soon as i turn the key :2tu:

red98RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, to get out of the RT/10, you first put your left foot on the ground. Then put the back upper part of your right arm on the edge of the windshield (almost like you were elbowing someone out of the way). Lean onto the left leg while pushing yourself out of the car with the right arm. It sounds complicated, but makes for a very natural exit. Really, I'm not kidding! :2tu:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How the hell do people get in and out of their RT10 without looking goo

I just wear my cool sunglasses... Then I look cool doing whatever I do.

JD

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 2 280 i put k y jelly on my *** plop on the seat slids right in .THE CAR IS COOL ENOUGH .most peolple are looking at the car not the driver anyway.......

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score

6'4 here

the best way in and out is the way knight viper says...

put your butt torward the car, back in, and just sit in the seat, so your legs are out the car door and you butt is now in the seat, ducking your head during entry, then swing your legs in together under the stearing wheel.

exit:

just do the reverse, but use the steering wheel(right arm) and the upper arm of the fender (left arm) and pull yourself out...ducking your head mind you...

the owner of the lambo store here in columbus ohio showed me how to get in and out of a diablo once this exact way!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

No matter how much of a dork you are - you will always look COOL getting out of a Viper. Most people won't even notice you as they'll be drooling over your Viper!

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score

That epilectic comment cracked me up! Good one ...

I actually do the mini-skirt style entry. I probably make it harder on myself since I don't like grabbing any part of the car while getting in or out.

Mike M

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HAHAHAHAHAHA This is hysterical...only a Viper owner could appreciate this post! How about adding the fact that the wall of my garage only allows for the drivers door to open about 1/2 way!!!! it is definitely a comical site...hey mabye someone can post a VID? That would be FUNNY! :nana: :nana: :nana:

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well I learned somewhat how to get in and out most of the time. My problem is when the wife drives her and forgets to move the seat back, steering wheel up and re-adjust the pedals.

Then I am very entertaining (I'm 6'3")

B

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Never open the door, just jump out and step off the sport bar, works great. Chicks dig that on a first date.

red98RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wild Bill, I have the same problem....my wife is 5'2" and she never pulls the seat back when she gets out. I get smushed into the wheel trying to get in after her.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am 6'2" and I don't have any issues. I had a lowered ZR1 before the Viper, so I had some practice!!

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Watch Fast and Furious over and over again. Practice the Vin Diesel butt first move and you'll have it.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

My funniest story about getting in and out of my Viper - I was picking up my old boss at the airport in the Viper. Just as I'm saying, "Watch your head as you're getting in" - WHAM. Hit his noggin pretty good on the toupee "Not-So-Soft" top.

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

5'5 245pds and still hard to get out of car but worth it...Adrian

danalt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well i never had much problem getting in or out, as i have owned cars like a XKE and a Opel GT but i always but my butt in first and take it out last. I can understand where you are comming from as i gave a portly friend a ride last summer and watched as he literally rolled out on the ground to get out. LOL

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score

no problem here...just depends on how much i have had to eat before i get in...;0

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Joe117 wtrote
5. Bring left leg aboard.

ex navy?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I suggest you stop asking such a question and exercise 500 times going in and out ...now!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang