How to buy a car from out of state?

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well guys, I tried running a search on the forums, and I tried searching google, and I'm not getting to exactly what I need here.

I'm looking to buy a car in Florida, without taking a trip down there. Owner seems to be legit, I'm happy with the deal etc, car appears to be in good condition, carfax good etc etc etc.

(http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/sho...mp;view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

So, how do I proceed from here? Is there an escrow service people use, or should I just wire money down there to his bank? The bank still has the title on the car.

Also - Anyone know any freight companies to bring the car from FL up to Philadelphia? Do freight companies also bring some misc items (car has extra set of wheels and tires) if I pay extra?

Looking forward to getting back into a Gen II after a 1 and a half year break.

-Chris

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my car from California I used my friend who is an attorney as the "trustee" or the middleman for the transaction. You can also use someone at your bank in the same capacity. If the seller is a private individual he should use a person at his bank or an attorney also....that protects you both. When my car was delivered there was all kinds of extra stuff in the van for other customers, tires, motorcycles, etc. so I am sure they can bring you the extras you are getting.

I don't have to tell you to check it over very closely when it comes. It took me about an hour to completely cover mine. Luckily mine was perfect just as it was advertised.

Mark

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
run the VIN thru your states DMV to make sure there is no leins or salvage history. Even thought the title is clean your state may have issues you will not know about until you got to registar it

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahhh Florida, one of the few states where a salvage title can be washed. Be careful, have the car inspected by a knowledgeable Viper professional. There are a bunch down there depending on where the car is. Heffner, Levin, Macedo