How to remove fuel from tank on 2008 viper

Vip1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Need help in removing fuel from tank on 2008 viper have 1/2 tank need less than 1/4 for car show. Thanks

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No kidding, go drive a lap around Beltway 8 :)

Or, disconnect the fuel line from the fuel rail and put it into a gas can, turn on the key.

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if it applies to the viper or not but I would just pull the fuse to the fuel gauge so it showed empty on my road runner. Alot of the time they never even checked.

OP
OP
V

Vip1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would drive around but already detailed the car and on trailer ready to go i'll try the fuel rail.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never knew that. Also never had a car in a indoor show either.

Tip the car upside down? :D

Great advice above. You could probably also just start the car and let it run? Especially if on a open trailer??

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, last January there was a pretty infamous news story of a Lamborghini Gallardo catching fire outside the Portland Auto Show because of this rule. Somebody decided it would be a good idea to put the car at full throttle in neutral to run the gas down to a quarter tank. There used to be a video of it, but it must have been removed due to lawyers or something because I can't find it anywhere now.

I literally couldn't sleep the first night after I read this story. UNBELIEVABLE.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1072166_exclusive-lamborghini-gallardo-catches-fire-at-portland-auto-show

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62