How to remove side sills

ASKYOURWIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took my 99 rt10 to my local muffler man today to get rid of the cats when he said he wouldnt do it cas he dosent want to touch the side sills...

Is it just simply unbolting the bottom or is it pretty complicated..Any pictures or walk throughs to help me out here????

i really wanna have this done to compliment my smooth tubes that will be here in a few days so i can feel that WHOPPING 10 rwhp differance ( Ok just joking) but i do want it done...

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In addition to the screws on the underside, there are also some screws on the top side.
The best place to learn how to take them off is to go to the "How To" section and check out the Side Sill Modification thread. It describes in detail how to remove the sills. Once you've done it, it is really quite easy.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Askyourwife, Be careful. I will guarantee you that you will strip the holes when reinstalling the screws unless you've read previous posts on this. It takes absolutely no effort to strip the screws.

Once removed, buy new screws if they have rust on them or spray them. The holes will be elongated so flatten them with needle nose pliers, screwdrivers, etc. Touch the holes with POR15 or some form of rust treatment and a q-tip.

When reinstalling screws, use loctite. Hightemp low strength if you can find it but usually you need to order it. Use two fingers just until the screw seats tight. Anything more than a few pounds of pressure will strip it. The loctite will hold it in place. If you do strip one go buy a bigger screw or read posts on the nut rivit thing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96