How to tell what build number car you have?

OP
OP

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The last six numbers are random (not in order) also in 1999 they shared vin#'s with the Prowlers. We know the date and time (MDH) of the build but I don't know if or where our build numbers are.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spoke to chuck tator of tators dodge..unfortunately you guys who have vipers after 98 can only estimate build # because of prowler, viper mix up..on your door you can get born on date of build..sorry..

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spoke to chuck tator of tators dodge..unfortunately you guys who have vipers after 98 can only estimate build # because of prowler, viper mix up..on your door you can get born on date of build..sorry..

The year does not matter here..... Nobody can figure their build number based on the VIN. The only run of Viper made in VIN sequence were the GT-2's. All other Vipers are sequenced in groups of six, so they could be shipped together in a single truck to dealers that are close to each other. The VINs are assigned at the time of order, but since groups were built together based on shipping locations, the cars are not built in VIN order.

As an example, last week a fellow asked me how he could be buying a 2002 ACR with a VIN of 825 when the first ACR VIN is listed as 832 on the IVR Build Info page. That's because the VIN on the first ACR that went down the line was 832..... 825 was built later.....

OP
OP

99GTSACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was just wondering if their was another way to verify what I was told about the build number of my ACR. I was told it was Build #1. By looking at the first GTS VIN number it does look like it may be true. My ACR's VIN is XV503442. The first GTS number is XV502442. I wish their was a way to verify this.
Anyway Thanks for all your replies

dblankenbaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is your MMDDHH???

For reference, these are 99's
XV503006 = 031109 (March 11 - black ACR... mine!)
XV503464 = 060907 (June 9 - black ACR)
XV504516 = 091010 (Sept 10 - black GTS)