Hurricane Frances - realtime

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Myself, Chris, Steve, Vern, Chad, Ward and Gary will venture out into the night while the eye of Frances is upon us and scream, "Is That All You Got, *****?"

I'm joking now, but this is going to be a very nasty storm for us since the sustained winds are projected to be in the 70's to 80's as she slowly rolls over us.

C U all on the other side!

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry, Could you put my car on a lift way up in the air and surround it with cement trucks? I'd appreciate it. :2tu: :usa:

Did you dyno it yet?

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The worst part for ya'll down there is that the track is forecast to cut right across the state, before entering GA and AL. You FL guys will really have a long time of it. Hope that you and your families all come out safe and sound. Zero property damage would be great also! And to think I used to fly into these monsters! You think the Viper is a wicked ride... :eek: :rolleyes:

Be safe all...

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

Cool site, thanks for posting the link. The size of that hurricane is unbelieveable. It looks bigger then the state of FL. Seems as though its not moving very fast. So what's worst? A fast moving Category 4 or a slow moving Category 2?

Good luck to all those in its path.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well I'm gonna say there in between.A fast moving cat 4 has winds of 150+mph and wrecks alot.However I belive a slow moving cat 2 can do as much damage cause it's going to be hanging for a while plus it's 90-100mph winds.The hurricane is only moving at 5 mph.Hope everyone makes it out ok!

Ron

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Myself, Chris, Steve, Vern, Chad, Ward and Gary will venture out into the night while the eye of Frances is upon us and scream, "Is That All You Got, *****?"

I'm joking now, but this is going to be a very nasty storm for us since the sustained winds are projected to be in the 70's to 80's as she slowly rolls over us.

C U all on the other side!

I heard thru the grape vine you have a generator big enough to power all of Orlando and your gas cans are 55 gallon drums.... good luck you and your family and Fuelman's family...

I am heading off ahead of the Hurricane and see what is ahead of it. Gary and his wife said the last hurricane was too much they are watching it from Georgia. :D Vern is waiting for it to pass then he is ready.

See ya there Buddy...

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
V

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

Cool site, thanks for posting the link. The size of that hurricane is unbelieveable. It looks bigger then the state of FL. Seems as though its not moving very fast. So what's worst? A fast moving Category 4 or a slow moving Category 2?

Good luck to all those in its path.

Dave and Ron...as to the size of this hurricane. last night I saw the state of Texas superimposed over it...and it fit! As to fast cat 4 or slow cat 2, very different types of damage. In this case, I believe this is going to be the nastier of the two. Winds are still strong enough for widespread damage, but the key is the excessive amounts of heavy rainfall...that will dump over a prolonged period of time. That can easily do the most damage. In any case, we can only keep all those folks in our prayers and hopefully next week will be good for all. :2tu: :usa:

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have had gusts over 100 mph today with no power and many large trees down in my neighborhood. We are riding out the strongest winds right now near the eyewall.
The Viper is tucked away safely in the garage with a cover over it.
Here is a pic of today's action.

4780Pict0006-med.jpg

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats also so bad is today they said there is another hurricane after this one that could be right on line with Florida again. Lived here all my life and never seen anything like it. I can't believe we dodged one here in Tampa just weeks ago only to get what might be one much worse with the slow movement. They said could be 12 hours of constant rain and wind. My house is surrounded by pine trees I hope none hit the house. I was outside today watching spurts of wind gust and I saw a tall dead pine tree snap in half and the storm isn't even here in Tampa yet. They show the eye taking a direct line toward my house as it goes across the state. HELP!!!!

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is indeed a hard time here in Florida. The WAITING is the worse part. At least this time on the West coast the 20 foot surge into Tampa Bay is not a threat. I feel for the folks on the east, as I have two relatives over there. One in Boca Raton and one in Cocoa....they are evacuated, but their homes are a big question mark? ?

Be safe and good luck Florida brothers and sisters

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The graphs in the link below are not very **** but they show a lot of information and the "cumulative wind distribution" graph shows where the damage will be. Hope you're not there.

Tropical Prediction Center

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well here's some new info on the storm.It's supposed to head north.Metorologists were hoping it were to go into the gulf however the storm is so slow it would have takin 15-20 hours! The good news it's a catagory 1 with winds 95 mph and lower.I drew some lines to show how close the storm is to tampa.I just took this about 5 minutes ago.

1828frances-med.jpg

Reaction score
Survived through the night without power. Albeit, a generator has been our saving grace! Heavy wind gusts and rain throughout the county. Tree's downed, branches and power lines cover some streets; FPL working to restore one of the largest power outages throughout the state. Storm has been pelting us relentlessly for the last 37 hours :p

Stay safe and hang in there,
Doug

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that one DLM Supercharged Viper can power several blocks that are short on power... with all those cars in the shop, I'd imagine, Doug, that you could sell power to FP&L!

JD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery