HURRICANE JEANNE is now moving into Florida

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

It is currently (12:30am)just north of West Palm Beach. If you are in front of the hurricane or if it has just passed, check in and let everyone know you are OK. It is one hell of a way to spend Saturday night.

Hopefully all is well ....

PLEASE let us know.

A concerned Floridian....

Cudaman :usa:

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that looks serious. Hope you make it safely through the storm. Glad I don't live in Florida right now.

-Lou

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Checking in here in West Palm and all is ok. Just minor damage at my house, but with the way the winds were blowing last night I am sure other people didn't fair as well. We had gusts of about 115 mph.
I sure hope all of you on the west coast of Florida boarded up as it looks like it is affecting the Tampa area right now. This storm never took the north turn as the forcasters predicted.
Good luck on the left coast!

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The eye is just northeast of us about 40 miles ....still have power and cable.....good luck ...Chuck,Gerald, Mike, Tommy.

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The eye is suppose to go right over Pasco and Hillsborough county line right where I live. So far so good, strong gusts every few minutes. Its getting closer and closer. Eye is a few hours away. Just when you think your lucky and missed the worse part of the first three, makes you a little nervous with the fourth.

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Orlando is fine. Not too bad. We live northeast of Orlando and never lost power (so far). We had winds of 64mph. Downtown Orlando had winds of about 70-75mph. Compared to Charley and Frances, this is okay. We were lucky that Jeanne stayed its Westerly course, as we would have had winds of about 75-80mph then. Tampa is next on her visit. Good luck Gerald and Ward.

Bindy

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sitting in a motel between Tampa and Gainesville just waiting this mess out. I dropped off TommyK's car last night just north of Tampa and I'm waiting to get to Atlanta. It's just starting to hit here now, but doesn't seem too bad.

The funny thing is that I transport cars all over the country and some how I've managed to get tangled up in two of these Florida hurricanes in the last month.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck everyone. I'm looking out watching my dock break apart. We are safe and that's what is important. Hope everyone else is as well.

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got ahold of Lee and Joe( Lee's father) Saunders of Lakeland, they were trying to get back into the state from Virgina from a businees trip. They were about the Fl./Ga. line, they had contacted his brother and he went to check on Lee's mother. She had no phone lines nor did she have power. Also all the Nextel service in Lakeland was down. To make matter worse Lee had some big trees down around or on his house. Joe also had numerous trees down at his house. Lee's brother Richard got by to check on his mother, she is ok. But the Outback were we have some our of VCA meeting might have suffered extreme damage...Lee has trying to check into that.

Vern Hill has lost power to his home.

Fuelman...John Canal has lost power as well.

Larry Macedo has lost power to his home.

My house has some trees down and other trees damaged, PVC fence blown down and some roof damage with some leakage. But we still have power and cable.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been Scary here for about 12 hours with winds near 100mph.. House is 100% intact. The "eye" has been over us for about 2-3 hours now so it's calm.... We are going to be getting the tailend of the storm soon.. :usa:
G

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Checking in, and all is ok for now. Gary just beat the storm in last nite, so the car is here safe and sound. Thank you Gary. Haven't lost power or cable so it hasn't been that bad. Let me know if I can help anyone down here.

Tom
Tampa

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess that's why Larry has not answered my email! Hope the power outage is all that he suffered and it is restored soon!

Cudaman check your PM

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so glad to be past this crap. Every weekend something else to stress out my family. Now we get to watch our homeower ins. go up :(

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so glad to be past this crap. Every weekend something else to stress out my family. Now we get to watch our homeower ins. go up :(

What is the deal:

1) Why are they on the weekend? Spend the majority of the time getting ready for them, sitting thru it, and then cleaning up from it. Then back to work..... great weekend stuff.

2) Never knew what was meant by "hunkering down"....now I know all too well. Our weekends are spent hunkering down.

3) How many more of these do we have to go thru????

VIPERCANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cost of living in "paradise" as I have been told. Yep, 6 weekends just living on the edge. Now, time to get the boards down, cleanup the debris, and head for Pensacola Beach to view my destroyed condo......courtesy of Ivan.
At least the coast is clear for a good bit.......no more of these bastages sitting and waiting out there.

Bindy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas