I admit it.... I was worng

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just did some further research and found out that a GEN II Viper's weight distributin is 48/52 f/r. I thought it was nose heavy, but have learned otherwise.

Cya

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Notice, he didn't say he was wrong, but that he was WORNG.
It's not the same, fellows. That's like telling your wife that you didn't have an effair. You didn't, because there is no such thing.

b3rndtt0ast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to bad the viper is MID engined and not front eh? engine is behind the front wheels.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those of us that put our Vipers on track experience the almost 50/50 weight distribution. The car is very quick to turn in, does not push and with that big rubber on the back accelerates very quickly off the corner.
If you get it into a slide, it is quite stable and a little right foot will power it straight. A nose heavy car just won't do this - it will go around.

Another way to look at it - if a car is nose heavy then it should be tail happy - or easy to get loose in turns. Not so with the Viper unless you get carried away with the right foot - there are a lot of horses under that bonnet.

Fabulous car to drive at the track!! The car responds incredibly to a smooth driver.