I almost wrote off the viper

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking at the viper for a long time now and the itch was getting stronger. Then i started to get cold feet and started making excuses, maintaining the car was going to be expensive and could not use it for 6 months out of the year.(Not a big deal weekend driver) So I looked into the camaro. Rented it this weekend and man was i disappointed.No wow factor and no smile on my face.Drove it 3-4 hours a day and nothing. Bought the camaro to my fathers house,he looked at it and i said what do you think camaro or the viper,he walked away from me and said no comment. All my neighbors were in front of my house looking at the camaro and when i mentioned camaro or viper one of them punched me in my chest and said how dare i compare the two, way different leauges. I have the viper in my screen saver on phone so when i showed them the pic and had the camaro physically in front of us they said i would be a knucklehead to not pick the viper and have fun with it. Plus i went on the camaro5 forums and did not like it compared to this place. When i drove the car also all i could think about was i wish it was a viper. Well after i sell my bike and weekend car i am gonna definitely buy the viper.I am so glad i rented this car and not have bought it i would have been miserable. I will **** it up and not worry about the expenses cause i know i will be a lot happier with the viper in my garage.:)

Matt162

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ive been in, and driven a couple of the average man " sport cars" ie: mustangs, cameros, trans ams, GTOs... and not a single one of them can wow you like the viper, the viper is an exotic, its built to perform and thats what it does, those other cars arent really " fast" cars if you ask me, all have 4 seats, all have creature comforts, its an everyday mans car, not an exotic monster!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have been looking at the viper for a long time now and the itch was getting stronger. Then i started to get cold feet and started making excuses, maintaining the car was going to be expensive and could not use it for 6 months out of the year.(Not a big deal weekend driver) So I looked into the camaro. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,all i could think about was i wish it was a viper. Well after i sell my bike and weekend car i am gonna definitely buy the viper. I am so glad i rented this car and not have bought it i would have been miserable. I will **** it up and not worry about the expenses cause i know i will be a lot happier with the viper in my garage.......

I have helped hundreds of wannabees become INFORMED owners. They all love their cars, and many have gone on to later Vipers, or multiples. No Regrets.

But make no mistake: If you have to give up a safe daily driver in a bad climate to obtain your Viper, perhaps it is too soon. If it can become your weekend car, GO FOR IT.... the grin is bo-tox proof, and lasts for years....for the price, nothing can compare. Good Luck

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Viper is a "weekend only" car, by virtue of the fact that I can't drive it to work (too many nosy questions). Except for the record snowfall last winter,our winters here in Philly have only normal amounts of snow and cold. Therefore, I will *attempt* to drive it carefully (read: slowly - watch those PS2s when it's cold) even during winter weekends, as long as the roads are CLEAR and DRY. It is not good for a car to sit, and where I garage it, I don't have access to put a battery tender on it. I do the same thing with my SRT8 Superbee, and it works out very well. The rest of the time, the Ram CTD 3500 Cummins does the job!

Even though my SRT8 is a pretty fast car by any standard, it ain't NO Viper!! I went through some of the same misgivings as you, but I got over it. Good luck, and go for it!:2tu:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you deserved to be punched in the chest for compareing a camaro to a viper...

Whats next. Who's hotter...Megan Fox or your kids kinda cute first grade teacher

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been looking at the viper for a long time now and the itch was getting stronger. Then i started to get cold feet and started making excuses, maintaining the car was going to be expensive and could not use it for 6 months out of the year.(Not a big deal weekend driver) So I looked into the camaro. Rented it this weekend and man was i disappointed.No wow factor and no smile on my face.Drove it 3-4 hours a day and nothing. Bought the camaro to my fathers house,he looked at it and i said what do you think camaro or the viper,he walked away from me and said no comment. All my neighbors were in front of my house looking at the camaro and when i mentioned camaro or viper one of them punched me in my chest and said how dare i compare the two, way different leauges. I have the viper in my screen saver on phone so when i showed them the pic and had the camaro physically in front of us they said i would be a knucklehead to not pick the viper and have fun with it. Plus i went on the camaro5 forums and did not like it compared to this place. When i drove the car also all i could think about was i wish it was a viper. Well after i sell my bike and weekend car i am gonna definitely buy the viper.I am so glad i rented this car and not have bought it i would have been miserable. I will **** it up and not worry about the expenses cause i know i will be a lot happier with the viper in my garage.:)

Well,at least you finally came to your senses! :omg:

OP
OP
R

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have helped hundreds of wannabees become INFORMED owners. They all love their cars, and many have gone on to later Vipers, or multiples. No Regrets.

But make no mistake: If you have to give up a safe daily driver in a bad climate to obtain your Viper, perhaps it is too soon. If it can become your weekend car, GO FOR IT.... the grin is bo-tox proof, and lasts for years....for the price, nothing can compare. Good Luck

Thank you and yes it will be a weekend car

OP
OP
R

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper is a "weekend only" car, by virtue of the fact that I can't drive it to work (too many nosy questions). Except for the record snowfall last winter,our winters here in Philly have only normal amounts of snow and cold. Therefore, I will *attempt* to drive it carefully (read: slowly - watch those PS2s when it's cold) even during winter weekends, as long as the roads are CLEAR and DRY. It is not good for a car to sit, and where I garage it, I don't have access to put a battery tender on it. I do the same thing with my SRT8 Superbee, and it works out very well. The rest of the time, the Ram CTD 3500 Cummins does the job!

Even though my SRT8 is a pretty fast car by any standard, it ain't NO Viper!! I went through some of the same misgivings as you, but I got over it. Good luck, and go for it!:2tu:
Thank you i think i am... i was depressed when i thought i was not gonna shop for the viper

OP
OP
R

rede2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you deserved to be punched in the chest for compareing a camaro to a viper...

Whats next. Who's hotter...Megan Fox or your kids kinda cute first grade teacher

Yea i did deserve the punch i guess if i was a viper owner i would not want someone to compare my car to a camaro lol

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can always pick-up a ZO6. Its not a Viper, but its very fast. At least the one in my garage is :) Probably get some ribbing on this, but really both cars are plenty for the street. One has all the nannies and one has none. Cant go wrong with either. Now a Camaro, doesn't do diddly for me

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wikkid deserves a punch in the chest as well..Completely differant owners experiance between the Z06 and viper

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I was wanting a Pontiac G8, Camaro or Challenger when they were coming out. Then I searched Vipers and... hmmm... GTS is about the same (even cheaper) than these brand new cars that WILL be dime a dozen. I pulled the trigger and haven't been happier. Not really a Daily Driver but I drive it frequently that's for sure.

Also the weight of the other 3 were too high, I want to take this around some turns and add some power. The main reason I got this car? For the luxury interior and soft ride...