I Did It: Stripes On My GTS

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after some thought and a few opinions, I had the vinyl stripes applied on my 1997 GTS. Today, the Gateway VCA got together for our annual Missouri Wine Country Tour, and everyone loved them! Here are a few pictures that I took today, but I'm going to take a few more pictures and take some more time on them. What do you all think?

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
S

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Vinyl is a ok option?

Yeah, looks and works pretty darn good and didn't cost me much at all. Plus, if I didn't like it, it's off in minutes. I would suggest vinyl to anyone who wants to make their Viper different and add some more (like they really need more) personality.

OP
OP
S

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, the "red" isn't Viper red, it's a "tomato" red (the actual color of the side & rear logos on red Vipers).

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't like stripes.I prefer a clean look.To me stripes make the car look too narrow for its length and less sophisticated.Everyone sees things a little differently.Do like the base color!If it were me I would go with the chrome emblems on the sides. Bruce

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good, are they orange or red? The last pic they appear to be red, the others look orange. Where did you get them?

94 RT/10,
K&N's, smooth tubes, Kinesis K27's,MOPAR wing, MGW stuff.

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,
I thought I was the only nut-case that liked red stripes. You realize that you can't cruise around in the city... we will look like the bobsy twins. Anyway, it looks nice.
Later,
Joe

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice job, they look painted on.

whats the difference in price?? i know having them painted on is around 2K...

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Your car looks gorgeous!

I'm contemplating adding white stripes to mine, but I've only had it a couple months, so I'll enjoy the solid red for now.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean: At first I didn't like the color of the stripes now it is growing on me :) What a beautiful color on your Viper!!!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't like it.Good thing they are easy to remove. Bruce

To each their own. I guess that's why it's MY VIPER, not yours.

Uh....... I think he ASKED..... what do YOU think!
If someone thinks they **** and say so......you ASKED for opinions, don't get all defensive.
:)

Did you install them or get a "striper" to do it?

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy Cow! There are 12 Vipers in that driveway! ;) The pictures do not do it justice Sean. It looks much better in person. I'm glad you did it, and if you get bored of it, just pull them off. I know I took a picture of your car, but it was not with the digital. Check your mail. MK

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two questions. How much for the striping work which by the way looks like they did a super job? Second, any concern that the paint would not match under the stripes if you decided to remove them later? I'm thinking of white stripes on my red Hemi Ram. :usa:

OP
OP
S

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two questions. How much for the striping work which by the way looks like they did a super job? Second, any concern that the paint would not match under the stripes if you decided to remove them later? I'm thinking of white stripes on my red Hemi Ram. :usa:

Yeah, the guy who did it charged me $250 installed, which I think is a steal (since it took him 4-5 hours). He said as long as I keep it in the garage, the paint should be okay.

IT'S NOT ORANGE (ALTHOUGH IT LOOKS THAT WAY IN THE PICS), IT'S "TOMATO" RED! The pics make it look more orange then red.

Thanks for all the comments guys (good or bad).

OP
OP
S

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't like it.Good thing they are easy to remove. Bruce

To each their own. I guess that's why it's MY VIPER, not yours.

Uh....... I think he ASKED..... what do YOU think!
If someone thinks they **** and say so......you ASKED for opinions, don't get all defensive.
:)

Did you install them or get a "striper" to do it?

Yeah, I had a "striper" do it. She did a great job (and her being totally naked was a plus too)! :D

For real, the guy that did it kicked a$$, I'm totally pleased. I've let the stripes grow on me, and everyone around here love them! I'm definetly going to keep them for a while (until I change my mind again, which happens all the time!).

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote Yeah, I had a "striper" do it. She did a great job (and her being totally naked was a plus too)! :D

For real, the guy that did it kicked a$$, I'm totally pleased. I've let the stripes grow on me, and everyone around here love them! I'm definetly going to keep them for a while (until I change my mind again, which happens all the time!).

[/QUOTE]

Stripper - one that takes off their clothes

Striper - one that applies stripes

Did the striper give you a choice of material "grade" (or thickness)?
I have read posts that have spoken of thin and thick material (usually equates in more or less $ for the material). Is guy that did yours pretty well known in your area for doing regular ole pinstripes and such?
Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth