I got a viper. ...

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About like 2-3 weeks ago I got absolutely hooked for some reason I needing to buy a Viper. I remember I came on here and put a few posts asking for some advice, and just trying to thank everyone that helped out. Bill Pemberton was a good source of information, even though I didn't end up making the purchase through him. I do recommend everyone that is searching, to ask Bill what he has in stock first - he seems like a good guy to do business with (WoodHouse)...www.woodhouseviper.com

On Thursday I bought the Viper. 1999 RT/10 bone stock, with chrome wheels, and hardtop. Its all Silver, no stripes (I think the color is called Steel Gray or something actually).

Has 20k miles, paid about 46000$ plus tax (6% here in PA).

Condition is near showroom. Front spoiler has the underside scratches though of course. One small scratch also near the front Viper emblem, but its nothing compared to most other cars I looked at. I've seen some with 3000-5000 miles in the same condition as this, so I'm real happy.

I didn't come on the forum the day I bought it because I've been busy cleaning up the garage - Finally finished. I ended up keeping my Mustang GT, so now I have a choice of cars in the morning for bad weather. Thanks for the advice on this choice.

One last thing I gotta do is call and see if its under warranty. What do I do, call a dealership and have them run the VIN? Any recommends? I bought this at an dealer exotic auction in my area.

The attention I get with this car is simply amazing. I love it. Everyone of my friends loves it. I drive into the local hangout where all my old highschool enemies hang out and they drool (I was never one of the "popular kids").

Feels so nice to drive this car at 19 - Living the american dream. My business treats me well.

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!

Pics!

A pre-emptive "track it!" for Chuck!

(and Chuck, you'll be proud to know that I'm tracking mine now too finally...tracking the M Coupe this Friday but the Viper gets switched in. :) )

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive into the local hangout where all my old highschool enemies hang out and they drool (I was never one of the "popular kids").

Ahh yes revenge is sweet, but living a good life is the best revenge. :D

You're obviously in the right business for you if it enables you to afford a viper at the ripe ol' age of 19.

OP
OP
C

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok - I want to take it to a track.

Questions:

How dangerous really is this? My dad says Im gunna kill myself, but I seriously feel I wont push it. Im alone on the track just going for time right?

Do I need a roll bar or anything? special harness?

Chris

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A pre-emptive "track it!" for Chuck!

Hmmm. I guess I say that a lot huh?

Well glad to hear you tracking it Nex. Now TRACK IT SOME MORE!!!

Just trying to change my tune.

LOL! I will...I promise!

I keep joking that I'm going to semi-retire for 2 years to do nothing but but become a track bum...and track one special, dedicated car in particular...

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your car is a 1999, then the color is just "Silver" not steel gray, steel gray was only made in 2000.

Anyways, congrats on your purchase.

1999 RT/10 bone stock, with chrome wheels, and hardtop. Its all Silver, no stripes (I think the color is called Steel Gray or something actually).

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One last thing I gotta do is call and see if its under warranty. What do I do, call a dealership and have them run the VIN? Any recommends? I bought this at an dealer exotic auction in my area.

Congrats and Welcome!! Join the VCA if you already haven't!
You can give me a call about Warranties and history on your new Viper.
You now will be on my list for my next years BBQ! :cool:

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Congratulations ! Join the VCA and check out the Pa/W.Va region events.
and the Va/Md, Nj, De etc. events. Welcome.
let the mods begin! What area of business is treating you to the
Viper experience ?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, How old are you? Not to flame, but normally dad doesn't give you that kind of "advise" unless your still young.

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
96 R/T 10- If you read the top post, he says he's 19.

Zoomie- He runs a shop for customized computer components.

Congrats on the purchase. and I'll just reiterate my advice of take it EASY for the first few weeks, and don't try to show it off by going fast... you ain't ready for it in the first few weeks, and all it takes is once for the show to be over.

Enjoy!

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only area you need to take it easy is having it in 2nd, taking a turn at full throttle, and letting of the gas while in the turn. The Viper is nasty at high RPMs in 2nd gear. All that weight goes from the back to the front and its a good way to spin out. I have a feeling thats how alot of vipers get crashed.

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just another tip Chris, if you ever come to ******* to hang out with Kurt (BigRed) and myself, make sure you wear platform shoes! :)

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! Isn't it amazing that the "not most popular" kid in school just bought the most popular street-legal American-made car on the road? You just picked up a couple thousand new friends here. See how easy it is?

Clifton Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Get a warranty!
Call Chuck Tator

Chuck is in the North East if I am not mistaken. Are warranties sold by Chuck transferable to other Dodge dealers?

I am asking as I should probably get an extended one too.

PX3 1995 V/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrian, Michigan United States of America
Congrats to you! I know what you mean about enemys at the local hang out. I gave a few co-workers a ride in my Dad's 1995 R/T 10 and the co-workers that don't like me gave me a real "trash talk" behind my back come to find out. Oh well, its thier loss not mine! MOPOWER to ya!

Clifton Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are warranties sold by Chuck transferable to other Dodge dealers?
Huh?
A Dodge warranty is good at ANY Dodge dealer (wouldn't matter if Chuck was in China)

[/QUOTE]

I was not sure if the only warranties available were Dodge warranties or if Dealers sold their own (non-transferable) variants.

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread but are extended warranty prices negotiable?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How dangerous really is this? My dad says Im gunna kill myself, but I seriously feel I wont push it. Im alone on the track just going for time right?

Do I need a roll bar or anything? special harness?
Chris

Not dangerous at all if you check your ego in the pits. The more I track the safer I feel on the track over public roads. Take it easy the first year.

www.ViperDays.com would be a great place to start. You are placed into 1/2hour run groups with instructors. I suggest switching instructors for every session.

You need to have a hard top for Viper Days events.

No roll bar or 5-point if you run less than three Viper Days events a year. Buy a helmet. www.helmetcity.com discount for Viper Club members.

Call the tracks you want to run and ask them about club events or schools. Most are run very similar to Viper Days.

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
19 and you've got a Viper? You **** man. :D I'm 19 and right now I'm rolling around in a 1993 Ford Probe GT. Hopefully after I graduate tech school and with my new job I'll have one in a few years. Best of luck to you and your new car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang