I had a peek at the service manual today

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess he doesn't know what he's talking about. Scary since he's a Viper tech.

Does he just say he is a viper tech or did he actually do the four days of viper training. We spent 1/2 a day taking the back end apart to set dynamic toe during the course. I don't see how you could miss it.

OP
OP
M

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes he did do the training and did put his hand up a lot. I was in picking up a part and we started talking about how similar gen III/IV parts were. Is there a part # on the Knuckel.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do some R&D :)
Be interesting if the Gen4 rear could be easily upgraded...

I thought the same thing...but seeing the feedback from the driver at Laguna Seca, not sure I'd invest the money yet until I see a little more proof. The quote that the Viper "oversteers more and understeers more" than the ZR1 does not instill confidence to me. I thought that was what the new rear end design was supposed to reduce. It will be interesting to see more future results.

Cheers,
George

viperfan84

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in the 4 day class in Dallas and the car we had did have last gens knuckles reversed. Unless they have changed it since then that's what it has.

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow so the Gen 5 is very similar car to the Gen3/4.

Looks Like I was wrong. Keeping in mind everything we have looked at is pre-production. You would need to cut the inner tie rod mounts off the frame and mount them in front of the rear wheel and I don't think you will be able to take advantage of the cooling effect for the rear caliper unless you cut holes in the roof and ran the brake cooling ducts. So similar but hard to duplicate.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for the Viper techs: Do you guys know if these lowering spring caps will fit on the Gen V? Love this solution, if it fits. It may let me keep my GTS 2-mode dampers and stock springs, and drop the car about 0.7".

Also wondering if the reduced ride height will make me bounce off the bump-stops too often, or if this is an elegant solution that works well.

http://www.viperpartsrack.com/lowering-spring-caps

Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala