I had an accident and JonB really helped

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks,

I try to refrain from "me too" posts but I had to take some time to mention what Jon B at Parts Rack did for me. Back in mid December, a pick up truck backed into my hood in a parking lot. He hit above the wheel and put a significant series of scratches in the hood.

Initially I tried to get the insurance company to buy a new hood. Had they gone for it, Jon B was more than willing to sell a pristine take off hood for about 1/3rd of what Dodge would have charged($6000 versus $17000). When the insurance company refused to pay for a new hood(the repair came out really well thankfully) Jon B wrote me a compelling diminished value letter which netted me a nice chunk of change that I was not expecting. My local dealer would not write such a letter as a matter of policy.

My side sills were brown from the heat of the exhaust. I had them painted under warranty. Random Tech did not send the 3 inch to 2.5 inch reducers with the order which impacted my installation date. Jon B got me on the phone with Random Tech and got them to overnight the reducers so everything would arrive in time for me to take it to the installation shop. Finally, he was completely accurate on the sound of the regular ceramic cats versus metal substrate which I was more than happy to buy but probably would not have been as happy with.

If you have an accident, he may not be the first person you think of calling but there is a lot he can do to help.

Amit

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Cool! So how do you like your cats now? Good sound?

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB has gone out of his way to help me also, with something very small but important to me, but this example (dimished value letter) is a cut above :2tu:

Tomer

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Im glad to have helped out, and I really appreciate the kind words.

PS. Those 3" cats cats are very mellow sounding, not very much louder, since you added them to a STOCK exhaust. Thye wake up more in a 3".....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc