I have a Delima....06 SRTC or Ford GT

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can only do one right now... do the GT. I have the GT and the SRT coupe is on the way. I would hate to choose one of them.

You must be registered for see images

Nice house in the back :eek: :eek: (And thats why you can afford both lol ;) ) :headbang:

Ricky :2tu:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can only do one right now... do the GT. I have the GT and the SRT coupe is on the way. I would hate to choose one of them.

Nice house in the back :eek: :eek: (And thats why you can afford both lol ;) ) :headbang:

Yeah. It kind of reminds me of the reform school.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah. It kind of reminds me of the reform school. :D :eek:

gthomas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey
After going to Conner and Saleen(Ford GT)assembly plants, then factor in Viper bias. The GT looks great as does the Viper SRTC. If you are 6" or more GT fit might be an issue after the adrenaline of new ownership is gone. The Viper assembly and finish seems tops and for big guys the fit more comfortable. I really like the GT's over all performance but question its ability to be driven like a Viper and the service is to yet be determined?

Buy both?

So noone that buys one will be able to fit in it properly? :rolleyes:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grey Matter.....
I think that grey GT in Autoweek is the best looking color combo I've seen yet. But I could be a little bias :)

OP
OP
FrankBarba

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thank you to all that have replied. Yes i spelled Dilemma wrong. I am one of those viper owners that never went to college and barely graduated from high school. So i had to work alot harder and sell myself a bit more than the educated person. (it works for me) This is a very tough choice for me. Ford GT or Viper SRTC First Edition. I am very Loyal to Dodge & the Viper program.

To those that i know i value your judgement. "Real Ford Gt-40's" are way out of my league, just like the "Real Shelby Cobra", the only car i want to drive with easily removable body panels is my CC.

The TSB issue has been worked out. Most of the TSB's were the early build cars. (hey my vipers have had TSB's also) I don't have to worry about not fitting in the car i'm short. (maybe wished they had adjustable pedals).

The Ford GT site that has been linked here i read on a regular basis. And yes i would be paying invoice. (not invoice after the price increase in july), so i think i got a fair shake.

I did call the dealer that i placed my order with. I was very lucky. As they did not expect to recieve a First Edition. I told the dealership that i would purchase this vehicle. The reason that i am keeping this car is not because it is a first edition, (It Helps) but because of Brand Loyalty that i feel towards Dodge & the VCA.

So next summer when i open my garage i will see two Blue & White Coupes, to go with the CC, RHD Neon, and the GT. I have decided to take Jerry's advice and to purchase both cars if i can swing some quick deals.

My motto will be FTKC.

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i personally would have to take a TT-srt coupe... you you would still have leftovers for wheels and other mods too. thats just me tho

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRTC
Paxton Supercharger
720HP++ :headbang:

FORD GT ? what ford GT :smirk:

or as some said buy both :2tu:

OP
OP
FrankBarba

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dilema is over. Picked up the GT this afternoon. What an incredible car. FE is on its way....

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GT is a bit pricy, compared to the Viper, considering they are both very expensive cars to build.

Ford has actually decided to make a proffit on this car.

The problems I have with the GT, are weight, and price.

Why didn't they lighten up this car. For the price they are charging, I would have expected a lighter car, and possibly a larger cubic inch engine to work with.

The up side to this car is the styling is great, weight distribution is going to really help in traction, and so much has been done with the Lightning engine. The mods are already on the market.

The car is a bit high, but I think I'd like to drive one. Who knows it may really be a great car. Ford did put some heart and soul into this one. Give credit when due.

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a yellow and black one here in CT yesterday. The car looks great! When I saw it I had the same feeling as when I saw a Viper on the road for thr first time. I think you made a great decision with the GT. Sounds awesome too. I hope this guy I saw was past the break-in because he was running it through its paces!

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good choice on the Ford GT Frank since you already have a Competition Coupe and a GTS. I look foward to hear your opinions after some more seat time in it. If you don't get the Viper Coupe now then waiting will reward you with more horsepower that is expected not too far from now. Enjoy the good life!!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes, its a 5.4, but the differences between it and the Lightning's 5.4 are enormous. Starting with the block, its got a tougher alloy, and the changes just start there and go on and on.

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/engine/113_0311_gt/index.html

In other news, Whipple is making a larger blower together with Ford, that will be offered through Ford, along with a PCM reflash, that will add 100HP. Supposed to cost about $8000. That will be great, especially if Ford warrantees the mod. That will bring the power to weight ratio down to about 5.38 pounds per horsepower. The mid-engine provides better traction and weight transfer than a front engine car, so the extra horsies aren't just a waste of tire smoke.

Makes my GTS look kinda sluggish, at 7.61 pounds per horsepower. :eek: