I have a Delima....06 SRTC or Ford GT

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A dealer has called to let me know that he has a Ford GT at Sticker.
I also have a 06 SRTC FE on order in delivery statis. Now i am toally
confused. I like the styling of the Ford GT. I only decided to get the
new coupe to go with my 96 GTS.

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you can get both! heres a pic next to each other

You must be registered for see images

both are great looking cars. to hard of a descision for me to make

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'd take the FGT just for a change, if nothing else. "Variety is the spice of life"

Plus, I love the looks of that car. It doesn't look as brutal as a Viper, but it definitely looks very modern, low slung, rear engine, all that. Similar to a 360, 430, Pagani Zonda, etc, etc, they are all rear engine and low slung like that.

AJ Almendinger did a 1:52 at Laguna Seca in one, recently.

Reaction score
DUDE! No brainer! FORD GT!!!!!!

Severn, eh? I'll PM you my number and hopefully we can meet up! We just bought a house in Arnold, MD.

Anyway, I wouldn't call it a "no brainer"...but that is just me. Call me silly (I'm sure you will), but if the CFO said I could have a Ford GT, or a red RT/10 to go with my GTS....I'd have to take the RT/10. The GT is absolutely friggin gorgeous....I have NOTHING bad to say about them. But I would be happy with matching Vipers. :)

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bentley Continental GT or Viper

Ford GT styling is 40 years old

LOL.... since we are goin a bit off the choices i would say a Ferrari 360 Spyder hands down (even though both viper and GT may out perform it in some cases but nonetheless...)IMO....

But back on the choices i would say GT....

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd do the GT instead as well...but then if I could pick any car I'd go with Mach10 360 ferrari :D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be the wierd one and say get the SRTC. The GT is nice, but I'd rather have a new coupe. I'm not a huge fan of the SRT, but the coupe version is beautiful. If it was SRT vs. GT, i MAY say GT, but with the coupe being your choice, I say with 100% I'd get the coupe.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you can live with a coupe the Ford GT would be the right choice.

For driving pleasure, the Viper SRT-10 convertible is the only way to go!!

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No question bro, buy the FE SRT Coupe, with the money you saved from not buying the GT, you can purchase a 1 of 53 97 RT/10 B/W and the 04 VCA Edition Dodge Ram SRT/10 B/W, now that is company for your 96 GTS....and you will have plenty of cash left for modding them all...my .02

Rick

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can only do one right now... do the GT. I have the GT and the SRT coupe is on the way. I would hate to choose one of them.

You must be registered for see images

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would take the GT ONLY because of its out of the box performance and price tag. Personally, I dont like the looks of it at all. If it came down to having to pick the car to KEEP, Viper all the way.

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GT is nice, but I would take the coupe
still trying to find delima in my dictionary :eek:

Reaction score
After going to Conner and Saleen(Ford GT)assembly plants, then factor in Viper bias. The GT looks great as does the Viper SRTC. If you are 6" or more GT fit might be an issue after the adrenaline of new ownership is gone. The Viper assembly and finish seems tops and for big guys the fit more comfortable. I really like the GT's over all performance but question its ability to be driven like a Viper and the service is to yet be determined?

Buy both?

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Delima....06 SRTC or Ford GT

The GT would add variety.

Can your dealer get one in the new "Gulf" blue/orange color scheme at sticker?

-J

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
12 TSBs, one control arm recall, are all incorporated into current production. Its not plauged with problems anymore. Except a ZO6 will almost run with it, for around $90,000 less! For $160 large, it should really stomp the ZO6, but it don't. Yes, its faster and quicker, but not in proportion to its lofty price. There's sort of a "law of diminishing returns" at work here, as spending much more money only buys a marginally quicker/faster car.

I'm 6'3.25" w/o shoes, about 6'4" with shoes on. I sat in a FGT to try it on for size, and I had about 1.5" clearance for my head. If I was going to wear a helmet and drive it, I'd want to lower the seat a bit, like I did on my GTS.

The GTS spec is (I think) 35.2" of headroom, identical to the FGT headroom spec of 35.2"

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok that settles it... Frank you have to find a way to buy both! One to carry your suit case in and the other to get there a little faster than the Viper.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ford GT, no doubt about it. But if I was going to get a ferrari, why the 360, why not the f430? Next.. I am pissed at how well the vette just delivers.. the GT should kick the viper and the z06's butt at its price point, but it doesnt. I wouldnt mind spending the 150k, but dang, give me close to twice the performance please !!!

Still Ford GT for me please.. I'll just change the pulley, and add more boooooooooooooooost ;-)

Jon

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Ford GT. They are only going to make 3200 of these and only through next year.

You will always be able to pick up a Viper Coupe as it will probable be out at least 3 - 4 years and will also likely get a boost in performance next year.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m assuming money is not an issue so I would say get the GT and sell it in a year or two for a used SRTC or a new ACR/SRTC :)

I’m not a fan of Fords and most of what I’ve read say it’s a fOrD, but it would be a cool ride till the coolness wears off.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I were in a position where I had to decide between the two.

But if I were in that position I could probably afford to buy both anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant