I have been VIOLATED!!!!

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That didn't take long...

I went out to the bar for the 3rd time ever (in the Viper, that is). Tried valet parking so I'd be out front instead of parking it on my own in the back.

Didn't notice much of anything last night
smile.gif
, but this morning I take a look and low and behold:

The front fascia right corner is ground away in a patch 1.5" by .5", and the front right rim is gouged all along the edge. The ENTIRE front lip is scraped too (not the part that hangs down that I occasionally scrape, but the cruves right below the crosshair).

That's my fault, I should have known better than to trust ghetto trash to drive my car and have some fu*king respect. Never again, a very expensive lesson.

However, as I walked around to the other side, I noticed that the two hub cap/screw cover things were popped out, along with really nice chips and scratches all along the perimeter where the a$$hole thief applied his screwdriver to it.

Back on the right side, I notice where said a$$hole attempted but failed to remove the right caps (but, lucky me, I still have the chips and scrathes where the screw driver was applied).

No crying over spilled milk, so assuming that there is no legal recourse (is there? I went to two bars so, so I think that other than lying, I'm kind of screwed), I need to ask:

What types of repairs should I do (paint fascia, replace fascia?), and what, if anything can so that it doesn't happen again (locking hub caps, fascia protectors like the Snake Oyl one...).

I sure as he!! didn't buy this car to NOT drive it to the bar on the weekends... sheesh.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brett, I just e-mailed you. Also after you leave the premise there is no legal recourse according to the valet slip. As for the front scrapes, get used to it. It is inevitable in the Viper. The SOB's probably parker too close to the curb and scraped the rim. Take my advice on valeting the car. I have had no problems since I park it myself right out front. Get a fascia protection kit from Sean Roe for $25. And it should minimize fascia damage. No since in getting it repainted becasue you just have to live with it with a Viper or else never drive it and have no damage.

Oh, and I parked at the same club you did last night and guess what present someone left me? A nice *** of spit on my rear glass and hood even though I parked it right out front. I am getting DNA samples and when I find the white trash that did it, I will cut off his teensy ****** with a blow torch.

Sorry about your Ferris Bueller's day Off experience though.

Shakin Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2tall.

So what your saying is you went out drinking & DRIVING in your Viper last night. You are dragging innocent people through your garbage.

Viper's are to be enjoyed sober.

Get some education and help.

Shake

emo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shakin Snake,
Just because people go out to a club/bar doesn't mean they
have to drink.In 2tall's post he didn't say he was drinking.
No flame intended.Sorry to hear about your mishap 2tall.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shakin Snake:
2tall.

So what your saying is you went out drinking & DRIVING in your Viper last night. You are dragging innocent people through your garbage.

Shake

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Holy smokes, I go out to the bars with my Viper all the time. Sometimes I don't drink at all and always know when I should not have anymore. I never drive "drunk" or anywhere close to it. Lighten up on the guy. Don't assume, it makes an a$$ out of you and me. Maybe where you come from people only go to bars to get drunk.

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shakin Snake:
2tall.

Shake

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My girlfriend drove me home. Thanks for the support.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the upside, First time I brought mine to a non-protected place someone played tic-tac toe on the drivers door with their keys. Now that makes you sick. I have a great paint person and it was taken off the next day. Let it go you will find many jealous people that can't find any other way to desplay their failure in life. Karma will be at thier door someday.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2tall:

Firstly, ignore the shakin comment. Indicative of HIS drinking lifestyle, NOT yours.

Really bothered me to read of your misfortune. I hate that crap! Would you consider a re-visit and then slipping around to the lot and watching the valet? I would want to, but probably would not be able to control myself if this sob did it again. Anyway, you have my sympathy ! (for what that's worth)

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch, that blows.....

Both of you guys head out for a night on the town and both cars suffer in the process, I would think Royal Oak would be above the spit factor'o'jealousy, but the driving your car while your not there is horrible, did you check the miles?, think the rim rub and fascia damage was from the move over to the different spot or something else, ie road trip?

put 200 miles on mine today, and still have a hard time leaving it out of sight, luckily gorgeous woman seem to make me forget about my Viper being open to passerbyes saliva deposits!

As for shakin snake, how nice to jump to conclusions knowing nothing about the situation on someone's post about damage to his Viper, that's lacking a little class, don't ya think?

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had the same self-argument many times. "Do I want to bring the Viper to the bar/clubs and risk damage, or leave it home and drive the '89 Buick". That's a tough one.

The upside is you feel like a rock star in such an awesome car. Let's face it, we all like to show off our cars a little bit, come'on, be honest. And pulling up to the bar/club in a Viper doesn't hurt your chances with the opposite sex either, now does it. Again, come'on, let's be honest.

The downside is drunk/jealous people. Remember, it only takes one out of a crowd of thousands.

As much as it pains me, I always drive the Buick. No one, and I mean no one, is jealous of that car.
laugh.gif

I have cruised it (Viper) many times latenight, but never park the car. I KNOW IT *****, BUT ALCOHOL AND JEALOUSY IS A BAD COMBINATION. I wish things were different....

P.S. - Sorry to hear about your dilema.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, 2tall, that really *****. I had a valet scrape up my wife's car at one of the finest hotels in Santa Barbara. My insurance company tried to get some recourse but we were pretty much SOL. I did, however, give management an ear full. Described this person to a tee. Made me feel better but that's about it. My revenge was knowing that this person's career was parking cars.

Paint it if anything else to make you feel better and have the wheel repaired. Sanding out these scrapes is relatively easy. Just know that it won't be the last time that someone will try to ruin your day.

Landspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jkracer9:
Look at the upside, First time I brought mine to a non-protected place someone played tic-tac toe on the drivers door with their keys. Now that makes you sick. I have a great paint person and it was taken off the next day. Let it go you will find many jealous people that can't find any other way to desplay their failure in life. Karma will be at thier door someday.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tic Tac Toe? Oh my, that is sick. I hope somehow you find who did that. I really dont know what I would do if I caught someone doing that to my car.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
2tall...you went out drinking & DRIVING in your viper<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear lord man! Do you have any idea how hard it is to get beer stains out of that carpet? I would think you've learned that being here as long as you have.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shakin Snake,
Why don't you stay off the board with that judgmental crap. You don't know anything about the guy or what he drinks. You sound like one of those jerks that want to tell everyone else how to live. What if the guy did go out and have even three or four drinks in two or three hours? Do you think that makes him unable to drive? That many drinks over that time would probably not even make him over the legal limit. Don't try to lump him in with a drunk driver. A few drinks at a club isn't a drunk driver. Keep your stupid crusade to yourself. I'm more afraid of people like you than I am of him.

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2tall, sorry to hear about it. The rims can be fixed, and a little elbow grease and touch up paint will soothe the scrapes. However I wouldn't worry about fixing the car unless it bothers you that much, more scrapes are inevitable especially since you are driving your car every day. Even happens to us guys who do their chores all weekend instead of going for a cruise.

PS I never let Valet drive my car, never. I'll usually pull up, tip the guy $10 to $20 (depending on the establishment) and tell him to point out a spot in front where I can leave it. I park it myself and keep the keys.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would'nt you just love to catch the guilty party in the act? Has anyone ever done this? I would love to hear about the immediate justice that was administered.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VERY sorry to hear about that 2tall!! THats just horrible...

Sadly, many years ago when I had a black RX-7, I was valeting
it at a nice restaurant, and when the guy opened the pass door for my girlfriend, out of my ear shot, he said, "I can't believe your husband is using valet for this nice car"...

Now, aside from the car being an RX-7, I was stunned to have a Valet guy trash the valet system sooo openly. I was hoping the Valets actually were careful. This scared the *&#$ out of me, and never again would I ever Valet...Even a minivan (which I do not own by the way :)

The curb rash on the wheels can be fixed by a good wheel shop, and I would try to get the fascia painted unless the scuffs are really down low and not visible, and more like the kind that are largely unavoidable for street driving.

Tomer

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brett, never let the valet park your car...sually had them a $10 and park it myself, they usually have me put it up front anyway.

Also, what club was it (Royal Oak?). Just want to know for future reference. Drop me an email if you prefer. Thanks

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the grammer... Distracted with the Wings dropping one in OT
pissed.gif

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2tall.

Shake

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's called socializing. It doesn't mean drinking to excess ..... it means being responsible and living life. I use my car for dating and routinely have a few over the course of the evening, but never exceed the common sense limit. Get a life!

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shifter:
..... I never let Valet drive my car, never. I'll usually pull up, tip the guy $10 to $20 (depending on the establishment) and tell him to point out a spot in front where I can leave it. I park it myself and keep the keys.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My strategy exactly except I sometimes enlist (hire) the attendant and pay an hourly rate as well as a gratuity. What's $50 compared to the damage one a$$hole can cause in a matter of seconds. Low-life, ****-bag, degenerate, pus-nutted, $hit-for-brains, little gutter-bugs the whole lot of em'!

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richard K:
Brett, never let the valet park your car...sually had them a $10 and park it myself, they usually have me put it up front anyway.

Also, what club was it (Royal Oak?). Just want to know for future reference. Drop me an email if you prefer. Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Richard, it was 5th Avenue in Royal Oak.

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Sean, I've been absent for a little bit on here, all done via email it seems.
smile.gif

The Royal Oak bar was 5th ave (though I was actually at Woodys across the street). Before that I was at the Post on Woodward in Ferndale, which is slightly more suspect as the culprit (since you can't park out front).

Shakin Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joe117:
Shakin Snake,
Why don't you stay off the board with that judgmental crap. You don't know anything about the guy or what he drinks. You sound like one of those jerks that want to tell everyone else how to live. What if the guy did go out and have even three or four drinks in two or three hours? Do you think that makes him unable to drive? That many drinks over that time would probably not even make him over the legal limit. Don't try to lump him in with a drunk driver. A few drinks at a club isn't a drunk driver. Keep your stupid crusade to yourself. I'm more afraid of people like you than I am of him.
-----------------------------------------------

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shakin Snake,

Sorry guy, you are WAY, WAY, WAY off on a few things. If a 200 pound man drinks a few drinks (3), regular strength, in 2-3 hours, he is WAY under the legal limit. THIS IS A MEDICAL FACT, PERIOD. Look it up. Your insulting someone's intelligence, when it is you that have the facts wrong. And if I told a policeman I had 3 drinks (I am 225 lbs.) in a couple hours, and the officer had no reason not to believe me, he would let me go. Now of course, people say 3 drinks, and really mean 9-10 drinks. Therefore, an officer is unlikely to believe this story, and the guy would not be pulled over in the first place if he was driving responsible. I do not condone drinking excessively and driving, as my uncle died in a fatal DUI accident. But going to an establishment and drinking responsible, is perfectly fine. I agree, there are many, many, many people who can not do this. And it is obviously a huge problem in our great country. But don't assume everyone that goes out and has a 'few' drinks is driving irresponsible. I go out every weekend, and normally drink. If I am driving, I stay well under the legal Blood Alcohol content. If someone else is driving, I really have no concern about my alcohol consumption. Or better yet, everyone pitches in for a cab and we drink till were silly. Silly...

I am searching the internet right now to find a chart that will establish the facts on drinking/driving legal limits. Hopefully, I will find something that will educate all of us.

Later

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperholics,

Here ya go. Some states may vary. Be cafeful, and drink responsible. You can also click on this link to get an estimated blood alcohol content based on drinks, weight, time, etc...

http://www.duimike.com/bac.html#bac

Bldalc.gif

Later

P.S. - If I drink 3 beers in 3 hours, my blood alcohol would be 0.009%. Way, way, way under the legal limit. This probably would not even register on a machine. I could drink 6 12 ounce beers in 3 hours, and be at .063%. Still under the legal limit. The most I could drink in Pennsylvania, where the legal limit is .10, is 8 12 ounce beers in 3 hours. These are normal strength beers at 4.5% alcohol. My blood alcohol would be 0.09899999999999999%. Remember, this is based on weight. I am 225 lbs. All muscle, so no fat jokes pipsqueeks. You lighter guys/girls would be over .10%. Keep in mind, I think some states have a limit of .08%. Now I never probably exceed .05% when I am drinking/driving, as I would rather be safe than sorry. My personal opinion is anything under .05 and you are being very responsible, and should not be lectured. Hopefully, these charts/information will enable you too see if you are being responsible, ************, or driving drunk endangering all our lifes. If the later is true, start using a cab you bonehead!!!!

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't want to respond but man, you really piss me off.

For starters, I'm about 265lbs. with a fairly high metabolism. I had my first drink at 10pm. I had 2 double gin and tonics, 2 beers, and a half-drank *** and coke.

Let's do some math, shall we?

Gin an tonic is a 80 proof or so beverage, for the sake of arguement well call it 100. We'll also pretend that metabolism doesn't affect anything (it does). That means I had 6.5 drinks in 4 hours. I'll even round that up to 7 for you. The handy, dandy chart doesn't have my weight but we can extrapolate 265 with 7 drinks is probably between .1 and .85, minus .6 because of 4 hours. That makes it .25-.4 (actually much lower given all the concessions above and rounding error). Easily within legal and safe limits BUT I STILL had my girlfriend drive because because she was the DD that night. We take turns. I'm a good boy.

You on the other hand need to get another passion, life is too short to evangelize and crucify when you aren't aware of the facts.

To quote some 80's hair band: "Don't go away mad, just go a way."

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&lt;-- sniped so as to not add more fuel to the fire --&gt;

Suffice it to say that I've done much worse in front of a cop (on purpose) and he didn't think I was bad enough off to even breathalize me. I'm quite aware of my limits.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
That makes it .25-.4 (actually much lower given all the concessions above and rounding error).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey 2Tall,

Don't shoot yourself in the foot. You were .025 - .040, not .25 - .4. You would be boardering death at those levels. Just bust'in your balls, as you don't want to further that stereotype of big guys.

laugh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te