I have been VIOLATED!!!!

Shakin Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One Rare Viper, With all the respect you are due. You missed the whole point. I don't think you understood my post.

Let me lay it on you this way.

If you drink, don't drive. If you drive, don't drink. Automobiles (especially Vipers) should be driven by sober individuals. Sober means straight, no drugs or alcohol. I''m not talking above the legal limit. Don't drink and drive doesn't mean don't get drunk and drive. It means don't drink and drive. Most people have lost what is really being said. What do you think would happen if Nascar drivers drank while they raced. What would happen is they would underperform and basically ****. Why do you think your any different?

Most people have rationalized their drinking and driving in that everyone does it so it must be ok to do. We have been conditioned to believe this. It's not ok nor the appropriate and correct thing to do when operating a vechicle.

I know I'm swimming upstream with the Viper board. With the amount of deaths caused each year by alcohol related accidents I really don't care if I'm popular. My focus is on alcohol impairment. Or as you have read so many times, "Alcohol was a contributing factor". This means impairment. Doesn't mean drunk.

Drive Sober.

Shake

Shakin Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2tall:
&lt;-- sniped so as to not add more fuel to the fire --&gt;

Suffice it to say that I've done much worse in front of a cop (on purpose) and he didn't think I was bad enough off to even breathalize me. I'm quite aware of my limits.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
----------------------------------------------

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shakin,

To hijack 2talls Viper woes with your rant/crusade against drinking and driving, while certainly noble, is ill placed considering the topic at hand.

post your thoughts on DUIs and drinking and driving in general in another (ie, your own) topic and I'd be glad to respond in that thread.

You obviously have strong feelings towards the subject, since 20% of posts since you became a member are on this thread alone. Maybe this will pull you out of hiding, and try a few posts about your Viper, love to hear them........

(that's is as nice as I can possibly be and it's hurting!
:LOL
smile.gif

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by 2tall on 05-22-2002 at 01:05 AM</font>

OP
OP

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shakin Snake:
"Alcohol was a contributing factor". This means impairment. Doesn't mean drunk.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

"Alcohol was a contributing factor"
means (scientifically) that one or more persons involved had greater than .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 BAC. The media can and does influence people to think that it means the driver was skunked, but it doesn't.

"This means impairment"
No, impairment (quite clearly stated in the law books) is over .08 BAC.

"Doesn't mean drunk."
drunk isn't defined in this context as such. One could take that to mean .1 (intoxicated in the law books).

So, you're wrong on all counts.

If you're going to evangelize, please read up on the subject matter first.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
motor602 said:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>anyway how does a wheel shop fix curb rash?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They usually build it back up and then reshape.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shakin Snake,

I here what your saying, and respect your opinion. I just think your analogies are a little off. To drive a race car takes insane amount of focus and concentration to be successful. You couldn't drive a race car and talk to your kids, or change a radio station, or insert a CD, or God forbid talk on the phone (bad example). But you can do all these things in a passenger car on public roads. See my point? Your comparing advanced quantum physics to basic algebra. I feel totally comfortable and safe driving at safe speeds after a small amount of alcohol. I think you are barking up the wrong tree, is all. Your plight is noble. We need to go after the repeated offenders that have no regard for the law, themselves, or anyone else. These people drive drunk all the time, and endanger everyone. And there are PLENTY of them, agreed. My brother is actually a police officer in Pittsburgh, and he said on a Friday or Saturday nights, at 2:00 AM (bar closing time), he could pull over 80% of the people driving due to crossing center lines, swerving, etc... He just tries to pick the worst, as he can't pull over everyone at once. We also need to continue to educate the young on the dangers, which I think the US has actually done a pretty good job doing.

Seriously, do you really feel that it is realistic to expect people to go to dinner, and not have a glass of wine? A beer or two? For friends to get together after a long week of work and not have a cocktail? Someone has to drive to the bar/restaurant/club... I just feel it is unrealistic, and unnecessary, IMHO, to expect drivers to have absolutely no alcohol. Some may consider it radical.

Alcohol is a major part of our culture. Remember prohibition? As long as this is true, we need to accept the fact that people will drink alcohol and drive. It can be done responsible, IMO. We need to enforce the current laws we have, and put a end to the abuse.

My rant at 3:30 AM. I need a beer to put me to sleep. Just kidding...
tongue.gif

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come'on Vipermad.

I'm just trying to figure out this guys logic.

rolleyes.gif

And I inserted such pretty charts.

laugh.gif

Your right.... It should be it's own post...

dead.gif

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onerareviper:
Come'on Vipermad.

I'm just trying to figure out this guys logic.

rolleyes.gif

And I inserted such pretty charts.

laugh.gif

Your right.... It should be it's own post...

dead.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh Onerareviper, you did do a fine job with your pretty little charts
smile.gif
but poor Brett is taking a verbal beating on something that wasn't even the issue in this post. Can someone tell me just where's the problem? He had his girlfriend drive home because he knew he shouldn't. Shakin mentions that he may not always have his girlfriend to do the driving, well Brett seems intelligent enough to me that he would surely not get himself in the position that he would need someone else to drive, if there is no one to do that. Brett, sorry to hear about your Valet experience
frown.gif

Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onerareviper:
Viperholics,

Here ya go. Some states may vary. Be cafeful, and drink responsible. You can also click on this link to get an estimated blood alcohol content based on drinks, weight, time, etc...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shakin Snake, I don't know how this thread went from 2Tall explaining getting screwed by valet parking his Viper, to someone pretty much saying 2Tall deserved it because he was thought to be drinking and driving. None of the damage to 2Tall's Viper had anything to do with whether he drank at all that night or how much he drank. As I said I take my Viper out to the bars with me all the time and park it right out in front of the establishment myself, then just pay the valet. Sure I usually have a few drinks and sometimes I don't drink any alcohol at all. On a typical night out I may have 3 drinks in a 4 hour period. I always quit about an hour before I plan on going home. So from the chart for my roughly 180 lb body and 3 drinks, plus being 4 hours from the first drink when I drive home that calculates out to .063% - .06%= .003% blood alcohol level when I drive home in the Viper. Heck, someone taking cold medication would have more alcohol in their system than that. I do not condone drunk driving or impaired driving at all, but gheez can't you see from me having only 3 drinks in 4 hours that I virtually have no alcohol left in my blood at all? Sure some people don't know their limitations and drink way more than 3 drinks, but those days are long gone for me. Lighten up Shakin Snake, we aren't all drunk drivers because we have a few drinks in a 4-5 hour period.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he's all up tight about the guy being slightly impaired even if not over the limit, perhaps we should decide if the impaired driver still might be more skillful than his non drinking girlfriend.
I would like to point out that elderly folks with poor reaction time and even less than perfect eyesight are driving legally every day. I don't think the average young guy is going to be "impaired" in a practical sense by a BAC that is under the legal limit.
You don't have to be perfect to drive your car, you just have to be good enough to be responsible and legal. The media and the police have hyped the drunk driving situation beyond the real level of danger to the public.
Look at the "aggressive driver" nonsense we are being blasted with now. We've always had laws covering reckless driving. Why do we need this stupid campaign against aggressive drivers? Why, because the police and lawyers make a living from it.
Why do we now need to stop people at roadblocks to test them for BAC when there is no probable cause to believe that they are drinking at all?
The government, in this case the police, will hype any "problem" that comes along and use it to justify their budget and importance. In this case, alcohol, they are aided by the non drinkers who would like to control other peoples lives.
Think about these issues, gun control, second hand smoke, global warming. Anyone can see that there are two legitimate sides to these arguments but one side wants to use the issue to control everyone else. Think Talliban.

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brett--thanks for posting your bad experience. I'm cryin with ya, baby. That truly is horrible. There are people in the world with absolutely no morals or scruples--and they are all around us...like the matrix.
dead.gif

It's also very sad to see some people who think they know everyone else's heart (from a chat forum, no less!) lay down judgement. I've always found that those are the types who have
20/20 vision into the faults of others (they think), yet are completely blind to their own faults.

Sigh...both types of people make me sad.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
REgarding that drinking chat.. I guess I"m a cheap date. I cannot handle alchohol. It says I can have 6 beers in one hour???? I'm 240 lbs and 1 beer (Amberbock) will kick my a$$ in 25 minutes!!! 6 of them? I'd be so intoxicated I'd try and pick Chuck up....
devil.gif

Gerald

Shakin Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are reading too much into my posts. I am just simply stating, "Don't Drink and Drive". I think you have heard this BEFORE. Right?

Let me take it just a slighty further. Now, yea a drink or two during dinner is very responsible and I have no problem with that. It's the people who are not true to themselves and others on the actual amount they claim to consume. Typically heavier drinkers live in denial and look to surround themselves with others who drink unmanageably and create drinking opportunities. Normally these are the people that get very defensive when the discussion turns to alcoholism. I'm not claiming this against any one on this board. I'm trying to get people to be real, discuss and realize there is a huge problem in America with drinking a driving. We are driving an intense and radical car that in the wrong hands and with the wrong mix in the bloodstream can be very dangerous. Be real and honest with yourself on your drinking and don't take it for granite that your in control after a few cocktails. Bottom line is driving should be done sober.

Shake

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96