I heard 2008 will be the last year they make the Viper?????

BAKNBLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard this through the grape vine. Can any body confirm that 2008 will be the last year they will make the Viper? I heard they are going to go with a V-8 Hemi powered car. Any truth to these rumors???

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is assumed that if the Firepower! gets the go ahead, it will use Viper components and frame fitted with Hemi V8. This would cost average out some of the Viper R&D and allow the Viper to move even higher up the performance envelope.
Firepower would become the Grand Tourer while Viper re-establishes itself as the King of the Hill.
Example...Firepower gets cruise control while Viper gets dry sump.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
anybody have a picture of the firepower concept. should this thing see the light of day, i want to be in the know.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although considered to be outdated the 08 Viper will utilize the technology of an upgraded flux capacitor. I heard this from a very reliable source that used to live in Detroit and now serves wings.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrong everybody! DC is never going to let the Viper die. It's focusing on the big picture and keeping the American auto industry alive. How? By producing more lame duck versions of the Viper, it's keeping the Corvette, and hence GM, afloat. Go DC! :curse:

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although considered to be outdated the 08 Viper will utilize the technology of an upgraded flux capacitor. I heard this from a very reliable source that used to live in Detroit and now serves wings.

Yeah but how are they going to get the plutonium to supply the flux capacitors. Maybe they should just "make like a tree" and shut the whole thing down.............................. :2tu: :headbang:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct, nuclear powered to provide the necessary gigawattage to power the optional flux capacitor.

/Rich

Krazy PSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard all 08 Vipers come with a NO CHARGE "windbaffle" option.

06 Mercedes SLR
05 Mercedes CL65
05 Murcielago
05 Bentley GT
05 Carrera GT

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard all 08 Vipers come with a NO CHARGE "windbaffle" option.

06 Mercedes SLR
05 Mercedes CL65
05 Murcielago
05 Bentley GT
05 Carrera GT

In that case sign me up :D :smirk:

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I'd heard that they were going to replace the existing V10 with a J58 ramjet."

Yep, Here is the spy picture....
You must be registered for see images

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually it was a Hydrogen fuel cell in 08, not a hybrid.

I thought solar powered for '08............

You heard wrong. Its going to run off of puppy breath. Just passing on the information I heard from one of the head guys at DC. Actually, it wasnt a guy from DC. It was a friends cousin, who heard from a friend at school, who heard from the cashier at the convenien store, who heard from a drug dealer, who heard from some soccer mom, who heard from her 5 year old son. But, I mean... Its pretty much the same, right??

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no its actually gonna have a electric motor that you charge every night to save gas money.

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't know where you guys are getting this information, but from what I was told the 2008 is an automatic with a cupholder and shares its plateform with some asian company. I think that I have a spy photo.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I heard this through the grape vine. Can any body confirm that 2008 will be the last year they will make the Viper? I heard they are going to go with a V-8 Hemi powered car. Any truth to these rumors???

to the above

I Heard that they were going to ad 1 or 2 power adders

vd..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21