I know I am biased, but I hope the Gen5 Coupe looks as good as the Gen2 GTS

RTIO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Gen 1 shape is date less it could come from the 1940 or be a car for the 3000 the porfect shape of all time . It's time less

BriansViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Porsche kept the same design for 40 years and nobody called them "dated." Even their latest iteration's differences are subtle.

Porshe is the only car that can pull that off. What if all companys do that? Just keep the same design. I'm just saying it's time to look in the future and try some new modern ideals. Don't take it the wrong way I love the gen 1-2 but why try to copy it? And if they do, the price of a gen 1-2 will drop big time.

terminator02

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Porshe is the only car that can pull that off. What if all companys do that? Just keep the same design. I'm just saying it's time to look in the future and try some new modern ideals. Don't take it the wrong way I love the gen 1-2 but why try to copy it? And if they do, the price of a gen 1-2 will drop big time.

Complete nonsense you are writing. Dodge is using "modern ideas" and has continued to do so. Part of the problem was the modernization actually backfired from an aesthetic perspective. Modern ideas are about squeezing at the margins and therefore you got a 2k hood Vs a 20K hood. You got a more friendly car from the factory. There is no way the new viper will make the Gen 1/2 drop in value; if anything it will further appreciate in value. Porsche isn't the only company that can "get away with that" either, look at the C5/C6/leaked C7...all evolutionary. There is no mistaking a Porsche, Viper, Ferrari, NSX, Corvette. The new Viper will likely fix a lot of the complaints from an aesthetic perspective from the gen III/IV. It will also be powerful and have more "nannies." There will, just like any new car, be people that like the new one more than the old and vice versa. To me, the Gen I/II will be very very hard to top just simply from an aesthetic perspective. It just evokes a lot of passion and was not an economical car at all from day 1...more reason it will be hard to top.

BriansViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can see if a non-viper owner talking trash about the styling of a 3/4. why so many gen 1-2 owners do it? I don't think the old corvette guys talking trash about the new modern ones. I love all vipers i just don't understand why you all think your viper is better then a gen 3/4. We all been hearing this since 2003. My god let it go.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ITs only GTS owners doing it LOL....They were the bees knees and then a new top dog came out. Obviously the desighn was so good it lasted SEVEN years and the 2010 ACR that everyone is raveing about is a 2003 srt with a hard top and a few fins and a big wing.

I have never had anyone do anything other than rave over my gen2 or gen3...just last month a random guy was takin pics of my gen3 in a walmart parking lot as my gallardo buddy was walking up and we both chuckled.

Its a rare 84-92K car that sits at just 47 inches high with a vented hood and side straights along the doors that you can stick your fist under and side exhaust pipes that blow leaves and dust away from both sides of the car when you start her up. Even has a fancy rear difusser from the factory.

My point is..JEEEEEZE...Its a freaken Viper!!!!!!!!!

A GTS is equally just as sickening....So is a RT10.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang