I love fixing small things that bother me...

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 94 RT has been missing the little "hand pumps" for the bladders in the seats for some time. The rubber cracked and they came off a few years ago (my car will be 10 in Oct). Anyway, I installed a 1" seat lowering kit this weekend (very cool to look more through the windshield than the window frame!) and decided to do something about the pumps. I called medical supply stores until I found one that sold accesories for blood pressure cuffs. They had a couple of the pumps in stock. I went and bought 2 of them ($9 each) and installed them in the parking lot in 2 minutes. Nice to be able to pump the seats back up! Obviously it doesn't take much to make me happy these days. :) Also fixed a couple things on my Z that were bothering me, and still had time to workout, do yardwork, and play with the family. Just need to figure out a way to retire.... or at least get 3 day weekends!

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mark,

How tall are you? I'm 6'5 and sounds like the seat lowering kit would help me out quite a bit. Also my car is missing the passenger side pump- I just may try out your fix!

Thanks,
Matt

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Magic, they also have the same style pumps on some the kind you use to inflate sports balls (footballs, basketballs, soccer balls). I can't tell you how much they go for in stores, or if they'll fit, just another alternative.

XS, being easily "amused" is one of the things that helps me get through some days. For example, just dusting off some of the car models in my room, or organizing magazines with Viper articles.

OP
OP
X

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Magicboy2,
I am only 6', but long in the torso. The lowering kit is available in 2" also, but you cannot move the seat forward/backward after installing. I understand they are very helpful for taller guys, especially for track time when you need to wear a helmet. 1" and 2" kits made by Northwind Engineering. http://www.viperclub.org/Northwind/
Viperzilla - I am easily amused, but that cleaning/organizing sounds too much like work! ;-)

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If no one else drives your car, do the 2" lowering kit...It rocks! But you must use something to shim the front up about 2.5"-3", for maximum comfort...washers just don't cut it for shims...but a 3/4" x 2 1/2" plumbing fitting did the trick for me!

Mark...Smooth move on the pumps...I am missing one of the little screw thingys that open and close the valve...course it's on the passenger side, so who cares, right? I will have to find a medical supply! Thanks for sharing the tip!!!

OP
OP
X

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,
I wish I had known you needed one of the "screw thingys". The new bulbs came complete w/ them, and I threw the old ones away. For $9 or so, it's worth it. If you can't find the bulbs, I may be able to get one here. Let me know.
M

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
"Re: I love fixing small things that bother me..."

So I was wonderin if you got your johnson fixed? :D

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry, just trying too hard to be funny! No offense intended, only hoping to induce laughter.

If this wasn't the internet, the joke would come off very well, with my incredible charisma, eternal good looks, and considerable personal charm!
:rolleyes: :D :D :D

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Ahem, uh, thats "T-O-O" funny.

Your welcome..

signed, net nanny

yellow94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,
Thanks for the info. I, too, have a 94 with a 1 inch lower driver seat and cracked pumps. If I can't find any locally, can I email you? Thanks.

OP
OP
X

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,
Feel free to contact me if you can't find them. You should be able to by calling around to medical supply stores and asking for blood pressure cuff pumps.
Vic - I think I'm 20 or 30 years away from needed a pump for my johnson.... :)
M

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking it the way it was intended! I was hoping to get a laugh out of you!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187