1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love this car

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by T26, May 18, 2012.

1. T26

T26 Viper Owner

I'm a couple of months into ownership with my first Viper and have lunch with my buddy. He is a Corvette driver for years and is very proud of his car. After lunch, I show him my Viper in the parking lot and he is floored. After a ride in the Viper, the only thing he says is, "I feel like such a p---y in my car now." I have been a long time fan of the Vette and still think that it is a great car, but my answer was simply, "You should." I love this car.

2. Mutts02GTS

Mutts02GTS Viper Owner

Lol, I was coming from my daughters softball game tonight and a guy pulls up beside us at the stoplight and SCREAMS " I love your car! That is my favorite dream car!" scared the crap out of my daughter, she was wondering why this guy was yelling at us. I said " Thanks" the light turned green and we drove off to dinner. I love owning this car..... :)

3. TonyCool

TonyCool Viper Owner

I love that car as well and it's not even mine. :2tu: I love mine even more. :headbang:

4. sssammm

sssammm Viper Owner

The Viper must be the only car where EVERY owner of one loves their car...

5. AbsolutHank

AbsolutHank Viper Owner

I know the feeling...I'm a car enthusiast first, so occasionally late at night, my mind starts to wander. Every time I drive the Viper though, I'm reminded of what I'd be missing if it was gone. I think I really need to ADD another car, not replace this one! lol

6. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

I am a new owner too! 5 weeks this past Thursday. Have owned a number of classic, replica, race and new cars over the last 25 years (no Vette wasn't ever a fan). I'm enjoying the experience far more than I expected. Wife and daughter both enjoy it too.

I love the car and this forum! Lot's of great owners.

7. purplesnake

purplesnake Viper Owner

View attachment 20319 This is a pic from last weekend at our Viper Club event at the opening day of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. 39 Vipers in a parade to the track. People were yelling and screaming and waving as we all went by. I've had a few cars, (1 vette), and it still never ceases to amaze me the reaction these cars get!:headbang:

8. ssjcreeper

ssjcreeper Viper Owner

There's so many reasons as to why the Viper is a special car. None of them get old. The attention it draws seems to make each drive special.

9. FLATOUT

FLATOUT Viper Owner

I usually get bored with a car after about 2 years or so but I'm with you guys I still love it.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  10. Allan

Allan Viper Owner

...........never gets old..........:drive:

11. 2005 SRT-10

2005 SRT-10 Enthusiast

New owner here as well. Just a few months into the nice weather here and although I love the attention the car gets, it is sometimes hard to NOT sound like a A-hole when receiving compliments. There are simply some things that people say in pure excitement and admiration where I dont know how to respond!! great feeling but humbling at the same time.

12. wikkid

wikkid Viper Owner

Just sold my ZO6, which was a fantastic car. Now im just going to have to live the Viper, which is great as well. Never thought i would like a vert, but the more i drive this car, i love having the roof off. And i have a CArbon roof on order, for the best of both worlds

13. purplesnake

purplesnake Viper Owner

477670.jpg

here is the pic that I incorrectly posted.:dunno:

14. HyperViper

HyperViper Viper Owner

Ya think. I had my C6 for 2 years and it was gone. Had my Viper for 2 1/2 years already and it's not going anywhere. :headbang:

15. beerly

beerly Enthusiast

Bought my Viper first. Have since bought a C6 for the wife (mostly to keep her out of the Viper). Don't get me wrong, the vette is awesome and does draw attention (I think the Velocity Yellow has a lot to do with that), but the Viper draws such a different reaction. Driving the vette is fun but when I'm in the Viper, even if I'm not going ape sh*t in it, I feel the raw power that is just a twitch of my foot away. Awesome...can't ever see replacing it... adding to the collection, yes, replacing, no.

16. ZDigital1

ZDigital1 Viper Owner

Ditto that!!

17. VYPR BYT 94

VYPR BYT 94 Viper Owner

Ha Ha, Great story! btw, that's a beautiful car you got there! :D

If I get caught off guard I usually just smile and give the ol'e thumbs up... that always does the trick! :2tu:

18. 3whitevipers

3whitevipers Enthusiast

Purplesnake--
    Great picture--Bring it down next time you're in Fla.---Dave

19. georgethedog

georgethedog Viper Owner

No, I like it quite a bit, but love is too strong a word.

20. purplesnake

purplesnake Viper Owner

Thanks Dave. The picture was taken by webby at the event. Anyone interested in seeing a full rainbow of 39 Vipers should check out the pictures at the IN/KY regional forum. There are a ton of all kinds of cars in the pictures, not just the "snakes in the grass", at the IMS infield!:)

21. SNIPERDOG

SNIPERDOG Viper Owner

Sorry to bring back from the dead.,. but I totally get it. Went to lunch today and I can't not get comments and thumbs up from everyone that sees me :)

22. PeterMJ

PeterMJ Enthusiast

oh come on, it is still only a car.:omg: I have both, 09 Vette and Viper, they are both fun to drive, what others think should really not matter a bit.

23. SNIPERDOG

SNIPERDOG Viper Owner

When someone gives you an atta boy,.,. it feels good, that'a all I'm sayin,., if you don't get that.,. I am sorry that you take things so serious :dunno:

To the masses, it is more than a car

P.s. it's "only a car" when your poverty level allows you to have two of them

24. wikkid

wikkid Viper Owner

I had both my dream cars. C6 ZO6 and my 04 SRT/10. Even though my vette was amazing, i sold it in May of this year. I truly miss that car, it was far from stock and a animal on the track. But when push came to shove, i keep the Viper for pure rarity. Dont see many around, and as little as i drive it, im grateful to own one....

25. herbbone

herbbone Viper Owner

Way too much fun. Today a younger driver (20 something) had a new mustang and wanted to go a bit. I'm saying the car was fast but the driver wasn't. Alot of fun. At the end of it he pulled up and said that I was driving his dream car, I said so am I.

26. SNIPERDOG

SNIPERDOG Viper Owner

Thats how I feel, I'm driving a car I dreamed of owning since highschool except this one is much better and faster :)

27. PeterMJ

PeterMJ Enthusiast

Far from being serious but apparently more mature, life is too short to spend it waiting for thumbs up from others. And no, it is still only a car, a mechanical object, you should be exactly the same person in and out of it.

28. PeterMJ

PeterMJ Enthusiast

I had Z06 before the Viper, fun car indeed.

29. SNIPERDOG

SNIPERDOG Viper Owner

Then I am sorry for you, being so mature that when you get attention, you don't like it (it's beneath you),., you being so mature and all.,., get over yourself..,.,.,.,,, oh, I forgot, you have two supercars.,.:blah: I probably should be in awe of you, but I am not.,. I am the same person in and out of the car.,,. but my humility is in check, unlike yours.,,. :hmmm:

Your holier than thou approach fits you well :2tu:

30. PeterMJ

PeterMJ Enthusiast

yeah, whatever. You just keep stroking yourself with your Viper when others do not do it for ya.