I may have pics of your Viper at Prefix (VOI10)

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Below is one beautiful ACR that will belong to a lucky owner soon. The blue/white combination is going to be stunning - congrats to the owner of VIN 201446. I also have some pictures from the Prefix tour at VOI10 of the following VINs. I may only have one or two shots of each, and no accounting for quality, but if you are the owner of any of the following PM me with your email and I'll send you what I've got.

VOI_2008_109.JPG

VOI_2008_108.JPG

OP
OP
V

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You've got mail... :D

You car is unusual - an ACR with twin stripes, and the only one I've seen where the entire wing is painted black with no carbon fiber exposed. Can you give us some more details?

RedFang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing.

Any photo of VIN: 201164 ? (fingers crossed)!!

OP
OP
V

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score

VOI_2008_060.JPG

Interesting that the entire wing is painted black. All of the other ACRs I saw were exposed carbon fiber with the exception of the paint stripes.

Sorry, no pics of 201164 - maybe it's already on the way to you.

QuickChickLeslie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have no idea why our wing is painted and not carbon??

I chose the duel stripes so I could have two-tone red/black interior.

I am baffled on the wing, ok with it being painted, just don't know why-

Leslie

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea why our wing is painted and not carbon??

I chose the duel stripes so I could have two-tone red/black interior.

I am baffled on the wing, ok with it being painted, just don't know why-

Leslie

I can answer that. I had a chance to talk at length to the manager at Prefix regarding that. When the dual stripe option is selected the spec. from Dodge calls for the wing to be painted. The wing is still carbon fiber, BUT, and this is interesting, the Carbon Fiber does not have the "basket weave" pattern in it like the front splitter." They showed me an unpainted one and it is simply plain shiny carbon fiber. Just as strong, just as light.
Now Leslie here's some real news for you, my car is identical to yours and the gentleman was kind enough to look up the production numbers..........You are one of THREE in that color combination. I was there on Friday and your car was not there, I would have gone nuts if I had seen the THIRD one there as I know where the second one is.
At the Connor tour they told us all the remaining 08's were on the factory floor at the time and were bodied, if we saw a one without a body it was an 09. I looked closely for any solid black ACRs that might get stripes...none. There was one at Prefix, but the windshield paper work said "No Stripe" It was only there for the aero, all black with red/black interior.
Here are your brothers and sisters at Woodhouse. They were the first ACRS at Prefix and the first ACRS at Woodhouse. The other one is owned by a real track rat named Cheryl from Texas.

ACR11.jpg

QuickChickLeslie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the information! One of THREE is awesome! I hoping since the car was not there, it is getting ready to ship! I am set for driving school at Pikes Peak Intl. Raceway on September 27-28, I hope I will have it in time!

I am so excited!! :)

Leslie

RedFang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for checking. Peraps mine is the red/black in the background??? It's been at Prefix now for almost 4 weeks. Not sure when I'll see it. It's not easy losing sleep yet still dreaming of this beautiful machine.

OP
OP
V

ViperCr8zy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great info on the painted wing and low production numbers...congrats - hope it's on its way to you! :drive:

Red Fang - the owners of the ACR next to Leslie's in the pic were at Prefix that night and they were mighty excited to find their car. I'm sure yours is close by somewhere - maybe at CAAP in the holding area.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the information! One of THREE is awesome! I hoping since the car was not there, it is getting ready to ship! I am set for driving school at Pikes Peak Intl. Raceway on September 27-28, I hope I will have it in time!

I am so excited!! :)

Leslie

I would be amazed if you did not have it by then. Right now it all depends on your dealer. If it is Woodhouse or Roanoke or another biggee it would ship almost immediately as there would be a full truck to the dealer. Good news is once you hear KZ status it just might roll off the truck the next day. I GUARANTEE that car was not there on Friday, which means it was back at CAAP in the shipping area waiting for a truck to the dealer.

QuickChickLeslie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From your lips to Gods ears, I hope it is on its way to....Timberline Dodge in Portland,Oregon! I have been in KZ status for over a month. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for all the information!

Leslie

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish you had seen 1162. It's Black/Red driver's stripe.

My dealer said it passed final inspection about two weeks ago but I don't know if that means it passed final and now goes to Prefix or ??