I NEED A NEW SHORTTHROW SHIFTER.....

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Rich Detert a call on 314 942-4690, he has 3 different lengths available, and offers an excellent service. Price about $25.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are looking to replace the entire shifter, the B&M Ripper shifter is a good alternative. Summit Racing was selling those for $199 when I bought mine in January.

Brian Denham

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another option is to have a look at www.mgwltd.com They make a great bunch of products with the short shifter being one of them. Just using that alone w/o the b&m works wonders. Price is $75, installs in 1 minute...smiles last longer.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i too would go with the mgw shift knob
it can go as low as you would like!!!
you can even take of the lock nut because it now comes with a set screw.
much quicker and easier than replacing the whole shift assembly.
just pop off your damaged knob and put on this the mgw.. nice snakehead logo also!!!
love mine!!
jim
smile.gif

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt, Call George Bockwinkel @ 708-366-7760. He has 3 stem lengths too. They are all one piece hardened stainless. I got the medium length and the polished MGW shift knob (1-6 pic on top). It looks like the car was made that way, it's a great combination. It's the perfect height too. It's not too low that you bust a knuckle every time you change a gear and not too high that you have to raise your arm off of the console. He sat shotgun with me and made me do the improvement, pretty neet.

RED 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I HAVE A STOCK SHIFTER RIGHT NOW AND I BROKE THE SHIFTER STEM. HAS ANYBODY ELSE HAD THIS TROUBLE. WHO HAS THE BEST DEAL ON A SHORTTHROW SHIFTER. I HAVE A 97 GTS.