i need somone's experience with upgrading Gen I Manifold to Gen II

bigr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i need somone\'s experience with upgrading Gen I Manifold to Gen II

i need somone's experience with upgrading Gen I Manifold to Gen II exhaust manifolds. I know that there has been alot of talk about this recently, but i would really like to hear somones person experience from the BB. Jon from Partsrack told me, in a earlier post, that the head bolts must be ground to fit. I am a little leary because i dont want some local dip to botch up the job.

so i am asking that those of you that have already done this to please share your experience.

by the way, i have a set of 2001 manifolds that i want to use to replace on my 1994 viper. i will also be using a Belanger cat back system so that everyone knows what combination i am thinking. thanks so much for your imput fellows.

Randy
[email protected]

OP
OP
B

bigr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: i need somone\'s experience with upgrading Gen I Manifold to Gen II

someone has to have already done this, right?

OP
OP
B

bigr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

thanks so much, thats them!

so i need to grind the tie bar. what is the tie bar then in the photo? just curious.

Randy
[email protected]

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Bigr 1,
I'm not an expert in this area, but I think it's the headers that need to be ground not the head bolts!!!!
The piece of strap steel that holds the tubes in place on the headers may need some mods such as grinding.
Please if I wrong someone correct me.
TJ

OP
OP
B

bigr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ok, I talked with Jon at Partsrack and he told me that i would need to perform the following operation to the stock cats. This was his response:

"Yes, but cut open the OUTLET to 3".

Now i know that someone has to have already done this??? someone has had to already use these Mopar street headers, help? Suggestions?

randy
[email protected]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96